Post-Game Talk: [GM44] Canucks to Blue Jackets in SO | 3-4 (Miller, Garland, & Pettersson) | Road Trip Over With Great Results

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
I was wondering is there some way we can let Petey know when Miller has the puck on the powerplay?
Its like he wasn't even ready for it on more then one occasion when he could have one timed it, and when it happened in OT it was kind of catastrophic because he ended up taking a penalty

Reactions: Indiana

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Elvis has left the building, or is about to. Jackets will squeeze some team like the Leafs or the Devils who are dying on the vine for lack of a save from their goaltenders.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
The fact they got one win and one tie out of two mega-trap games is actually really cool, especially with all the travel complications. Obviously the NYC sweep is way more exciting, but it’s impressive they kept it up (in relative terms) afterward.

What a killer road trip. The NHL has taken notice.

At least they got a point. Scheduled loss. Trapped in a storm, 10am game, even John Shorthouse gave up commentating.

The Canucks have been on Eastern time for a while. It was early, but not 10 a.m.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Happy for a point at the end of that road trip.

I really don't get the crowd saying 'gave up an easy point'. MF'ers these games are the hardest games to get ANY points - you can't look at the standings and schedule yourself wins. 6 games in 12 days on the road is intense.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Happy for a point at the end of that road trip.

I really don't get the crowd saying 'gave up an easy point'. MF'ers these games are the hardest games to get ANY points - you can't look at the standings and schedule yourself wins. 6 games in 12 days on the road is intense.
People literally think their favorite team should win every single game lol

lawrence

May 19, 2012
25 shots allowed in one period TIME TO BLOW THIS SHIT UP FULL REBUILD SELL THE TEAM TRADE PETEY FOR BARZAL EXCEPT ISLANDERS OFFER FOR JT BRING!!!!!!!!

Reactions: LordBacon

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011

:laugh: Damn. Maybe he was so fired up because he thought he pumped his trade value?

lol, after the win, he was so pumped in his celebration.
But he hasn't played in a while, and he just defeated one of the top teams in the league.

It still feels odd saying that, when others around the league see Canucks as the team to beat. lol.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Last post game thread I stated that Canuck fans are whole again because we only fill 4 pages with a win but 20 pages for a loss
I am deeply disturbed to see only 4 pages after a loss
Could it be the passion is gone?
I think the abundance of troll posters have disappeared? Less debating posters who make grandiose claims and knee jerk reactions maybe

• Love
Reactions: lawrence

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Last post game thread I stated that Canuck fans are whole again because we only fill 4 pages with a win but 20 pages for a loss
I think the abundance of troll posters have disappeared? Less debating posters who make grandiose claims and knee jerk reactions maybe

The only easy day is yesterday, well-said from US Navy SEAL BUDS training.

I think the loss was pretty expected, given how badly the team got violated in the lower digestive tract by the snow storm, the changed travel schedule, the early start, plus at the tail end of a road trip right after an incredibly grindy win against Buffalo.

A minor set back, the team still did quite well overall, and they can finally get a little respite until hosting the Coyotes.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Watched the highlights because was a in a freaking meeting during the game lol

Great to get a point, but at one point it seemed like we were dominating and they caught up through fatigue and score effects. So we probably could have won. Still shows that the team is slowly learning to grind stuff out even in poor circumstances.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I mean, what is there to go back and forth on right now?

We're a f***ing wagon, the team keeps showing up, the vibes are back, and we're rolling.

I dunno about you, but I'm ready for playoffs!

Last edited:

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I mean, what is there to go back and forth on right now?

We're a f***ing wagon, the team keeps showing up, the vibes are back, and we're rolling.

I dunno about you, but I'm ready for payoffs!
I can’t wait
After witnessing Boston last year I don’t make any projections I’m excited and I believe in this team, more importantly I believe in this management and I think we can expect playoffs for a few years coming ( hopefully )

We deserve this

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Im still here.

But until hfboards gets gifs to work, I won't be posting in gdt/pgt.

Suck it, all you masochists that miss me

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
In seasons past, the Canucks might as well have flown directly from Pearson Airport back to Vancouver, and simply mailed the two points to Columbus.

But these aren't Boudreau's or Green's Canucks. They went down fighting to bitter end despite their legs obviously feeling like marshmallows. And that one point was important.

Because they also got some help on the out-of-town scoreboard, as the Preds, Kraken and Blues all lost in regulation. And Vegas only gains one point in the Pacific Division title race instead of two.

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
until hfboards gets gifs to work, I won't be posting

What do you mean gifs don't work?

uKk6M3d.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad