Post-Game Talk: [GM44] Canucks to Blue Jackets in SO | 3-4 (Miller, Garland, & Pettersson) | Road Trip Over With Great Results

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Shootouts suck, but got 1 point out of it isn’t so bad. Going 5-1-1 on this road trip, gaining 11 points out of a possible 14.

Take it and get on going home.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Team looked absolutely gassed and had one of their worst 3 or 4 defensive performances of the season, which is understandable given the situation. Take the point and run.

Cole was really lagging and should have been scratched for Juulsen in what ended up being a B2B-ish situation.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
At this point I would go to the farm.
Well, I do think they have justification to do so given Aman and PDG haven’t blown any doors off recently.

But I think you’d have to be certain that whoever the call up ends up being is going to succeed. Otherwise you might end up losing a guy on waivers for nothing.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Absurd scheduling and shootouts are the worst. Glad we've almost entirely avoided them.

Frustrating seeing them try the same move (5hole) unsuccessfully 3 times in a row. At least Suter made a move first.

Unreal road trip overall.

Reactions: Indiana

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Absurd scheduling and shootouts are the worst. Glad we've almost entirely avoided them.

Frustrating seeing them try the same move (5hole) unsuccessfully 3 times in a row. At least Suter made a move first.

Unreal road trip overall.
Have a 5 game homestand now before the ASG. fly home today and be in their own bed tonight. Likely an off day on Tuesday before a Wed practice. AZ on Thur. Winnable games on the homestand to extend lead vs AZ, Tor, Chi, Stl and CBS.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Not fun losing to a team you should beat but 11 of 14 road points in wonderful. Take that all day.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Getting the point after hell travel at end of one long eastern trip was pretty good could see they were one tired team today.
Come home get on a run again great road trip overall.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
When an ostensibly tired team has energy in the first 5 minutes people are always surprised and optimistic, but the exhaustion hits mid-game and is as much mental as physical. Not sure whether roster tweaking would have help but I'd have tried it.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Couple points each for Pettersson and Miller, as they rise up the ranks. Hughes with a point, but he looks especially tired. He plays the most minutes and skates probly more miles than anybody. Is there a stat for miles skated?

cc

Feb 28, 2002
A good team will bounce back after a loss. However, the first game after a lengthy road trip not usually a very good one either. Let's see how the coaching staff prepares them for that challenge.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I don't remember them ever winning a game starting at 10 am so the fact that they managed to get a point out of it is a bonus. However against most other teams, this would have been any easy regulation loss

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00