Post-Game Talk: [GM43] Canucks defeat Sabres | 1-0 (Lafferty) | Snatcher Demko

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
boring game chippy but the guys got it done. miller with two fights after he elbowed dahlin. Big z hammered tuch in the corners he got up and went after cole LOL

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
We may give Demko flack for sometimes getting beat clean, but the guy is an absolute beast down low and side-to-side. Sabres had a lot of moments where they had room in the crease but there was little for them to shoot at. Also props to our big guys for not giving them good angles for the most part.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I feel like I'm going crazy reading people say we were lucky to win. Sure, it wasn't dominant but the that was about as stingy of a defense I have seen in years. Buffalo had nothing going for them. Combine that with a great goalie in Demko and you win those 99/100 times.
You and me both. The Sabres barely did anything in the third outside hitting the top of the cross bar a few times.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yeah they're going to be alright. A bit of a step back after their breakout last year but I believe the talent they've assembled there - and the talent still to come - is the real deal. The Sabres and Devils are the future of the Eastern Conference.
I can't sayI saw a lot of that today.

Sykur

Apr 11, 2011
We may give Demko flack for sometimes getting beat clean, but the guy is an absolute beast down low and side-to-side.

He sometimes goes down a little early and teams know that so they aim high, over the shoulder, bar down. He has excellent lateral movement, but I wish he'd stand up a little longer on shots from the point. Sometimes they're just floaters.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Good to know we can also win this type of game - more like playoff hockey once the shit started in the 2nd.

Reactions: Nomobo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad