GDT: GM28: Wild vs Canucks - 1 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Did Gus just wake up one day and decide to be good again? Or how does it work for goalies?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Did Gus just wake up one day and decide to be good again? Or how does it work for goalies?
He had a couple of brain farts, but most of the early struggles were from our D just giving time to guys to pick corners on perfect shots. Team D is the biggest difference and just the confidence that builds adds the consistency back to his game.

The Oilers could trade for Vasi tomorrow and by the time the playoffs roll around would probably have destroyed his confidence too, the D structure around the goalies is what helps them get elite save percentages.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Working hard through adversity, getting more games plus a better D-game in front of him
He had a couple of brain farts, but most of the early struggles were from our D just giving time to guys to pick corners on perfect shots. Team D is the biggest difference and just the confidence that builds adds the consistency back to his game.

The Oilers could trade for Vasi tomorrow and by the time the playoffs roll around would probably have destroyed his confidence too, the D structure around the goalies is what helps them get elite save percentages.

Yeah it makes sense given the circumstances, I'm just surprised at how fast it happaned.

You'd expect it to be more gradual improvement as he builds back his confidence and finds the groove. Instead it feels like he just did it overnight. Maybe the coaching change was a bit of a mental reset?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Yeah it makes sense given the circumstances, I'm just surprised at how fast it happaned.

You'd expect it to be more gradual improvement as he builds back his confidence and finds the groove. Instead it feels like he just did it overnight. Maybe the coaching change was a bit of a mental reset?
It happened before that, during the Sweden trip is when Gus is quoted as saying his play turned around. Being home and Mermis being out of the lineup are the two events that occurred then.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
It happened before that, during the Sweden trip is when Gus is quoted as saying his play turned around. Being home and Mermis being out of the lineup are the two events that occurred then.
I thought it was Merrill who was benched, maybe you´re right.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
A couple of weeks ago when our town had the kids Christmas party I should’ve taken advantage and sat on Santa’s lap and asked for pre injury Kap for Christmas. What was I thinking, how could I missed that….

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
This PK we have now must be one of the best in the NHL right now.
Yes, I said that.

• Wow
Reactions: TaLoN

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Maybe I should ask for a new shovel for Ek. His is used so much that the edge has gotta be worn out by now

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad