GDT: GM28: Wild vs Canucks - 1 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hunt looked...ok. Strong enough, but looked a bit hesitant, which is understandable. He's a better skater than he showed. Merrill needs to be moved. Both Hunt, and probably Mermis are better, and i'm guessing ROR is too. Our D is too slow. We need some young legs.

Ideally, Goligoski wouldn't play, either, but because of the cap situation he'll get the odd game. Good player in his day, but time has caught up to, and exposed him.
O'Rourke has looked rather good for Iowa this year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
O'Rourke has looked rather good for Iowa this year.
Good to hear. If he can continue to fill out physically he should be a decent 3rd pairing guy in the future. Not flashy, but a decent skater, with decent breakouts, and i like his D zone coverage the best of any of the Iowa D. He will have lots of competition with Hunt, Lambos, and Peart, though.

We really need one of Spacek, Masters, SJo, Pionk, or Healey(?) to step up at right D. Bogo is a stop gap.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Just watched the game. Have to say I love your unis, plus the way the state outline is used on the shoulder and letters. I only wish you would go full North Star!! Not the result I was looking for, but good to look at.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just watched the game. Have to say I love your unis, plus the way the state outline is used on the shoulder and letters. I only wish you would go full North Star!! Not the result I was looking for, but good to look at.
Agreed on the unis. Unfortunately, the North Star name is blocked off from us.

As far as the game, a point is better than nothing, especially when it's to someone outside your division. You guys are obviously better this year, but I think you could use one more good, two way, middle pairing Dman, and one more nasty bottom sixer up front(Foligno type). You've got the speed, skill, special teams, and goaltending, I think?

As to the game...stop taking lame penalties!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad