GDT: GM28: Wild vs Canucks - 1 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hate to agree, I love the guy, but I'm getting to that point.

Gus Bus was fantastic today

I don't know if he still has lingering effects from the injury or what. If this is just what he is now, he's not worth giving an 8x14 contract to or whatever it ends up being. He's not the same superstar he was the last few years, at all. Still a year or two before you need to decide, so maybe he turns it around at some point. But this is not a franchise altering player that you can't afford to lose anymore.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zucc once again saving this shitty teams ass.

Yeah he's super lucky that they got to the mickey mouse skills comp at the end of the real hockey two games in a row so we can all pretend he's actually worth anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Zucc once again saving this shitty teams ass.
Happy he was able to score in the shootout, but Zucc has played a really big role in why this team has been shitty. His empty calorie points don’t make up for his constant turnovers and terrible plays IMO. It’s actually amazing that he’s still on PP1 with home many times he just kills the pressure by turning the puck over.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Bogosian has been really solid, nothing exceptional, but just what we needed in terms of steady play. The penalty today was rough, but otherwise he did well. Goose is cooked when it comes to skating, but he still does think the game well enough to get by.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Also nice to see Hunt getting ~15 minutes and not looking out of place
Yeah. Mostly good. He was on ice for the only canuck goal though. I think that was mostly on Merrill making an aggressive but poor pinch near the blueline that sprung a 3 on 1 (or 3 on 1.5 - duhaime on the scorer's back). Still, Hunt was in position and had opportunity to prevent the cross-ice pass. I dont hold it against him really bc its difficult situation to prevent a goal but Wilds best defensemen (Faber, Brodin, Spurgeon) often find a way to get a stick/skate on puck there.

Merrill only played like 10 min.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Artemia

Mar 2, 2011
Yeah he's super lucky that they got to the mickey mouse skills comp at the end of the real hockey two games in a row so we can all pretend he's actually worth anything.
Yet that shootout goal gave just as much points as 65 minutes of play.

Quite important to have a player that can score on those, since the rest almost never do.

Reactions: Foyn

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Yeah. Mostly good. He was on ice for the only canuck goal though. I think that was mostly on Merrill making an aggressive but poor pinch near the blueline that sprung a 3 on 1 (or 3 on 1.5 - duhaime on the scorer's back). Still, Hunt was in position and had opportunity to prevent the cross-ice pass. I dont hold it against him really bc its difficult situation to prevent a goal but Wilds best defensemen (Faber, Brodin, Spurgeon) often find a way to get a stick/skate on puck there.

I had a very similar assessment. I did like him much better positionally than I ever have Mermis so that’s a good sign. And Hunt was not afraid to let it rip too which isn’t always easy for young d men.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Bogosian has been really solid, nothing exceptional, but just what we needed in terms of steady play. The penalty today was rough, but otherwise he did well. Goose is cooked when it comes to skating, but he still does think the game well enough to get by.
Yeah, that trade was a big upgrade from the scetchy D-zone play Addison brought.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Quite important to have a player that can score on those, since the rest almost never do.
Hey, I’m all for playing Zucc less minutes during the game and then using him in the shootout. Sounds good to me.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

True that...and in this game he single-handedly saved one of those all important points for the Wild, something most fans will appreciate.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't know if he still has lingering effects from the injury or what. If this is just what he is now, he's not worth giving an 8x14 contract to or whatever it ends up being. He's not the same superstar he was the last few years, at all. Still a year or two before you need to decide, so maybe he turns it around at some point. But this is not a franchise altering player that you can't afford to lose anymore.
Evason's exit interview from less than a month ago hinted he was still recovering from that injury. I'm starting to wonder if he's ever going to get back to pre-injury mode.

After firing, Dean Evason reveals Kirill Kaprizov 'still in recovery mode'

Kaprizov was injured March 8, 2023 when Winnipeg's Logan Stanley ran into him from behind and fell on top of him. The Wild star crumbled to the ice and did not play for a month before returning for the last two games of the regular season.

"I think his injury took a lot out of him. He comes back and plays two games and then the playoffs, and he’s still in recovery mode. He’s had it looked at again this year. I don’t want to give secrets out, but that’s a hard injury to recover from," Evason told Michael Russo of The Athletic. "Has that affected his ability to have the pace? Yes, 100 percent. I do believe that. Kirill Kaprizov is trying his ass off. He just hasn’t found his skating pace that we are accustomed to."

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Reactions: fredrikstad

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I mean if it's something he can recover from by resting they need to shut him down. He's not really helping the team win games right now anyway.
Exactly. Then if by miracle they make the playoffs, he might be better for it.

He's not the same player right now.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

NHL Network’s broadcast did a great in-depth analysis on the goals during intermissions. Seemed like it was a combination of Merrill & Dewar taking the same guy, as well as Duhaime not being fast enough to get back.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hunt looked...ok. Strong enough, but looked a bit hesitant, which is understandable. He's a better skater than he showed. Merrill needs to be moved. Both Hunt, and probably Mermis are better, and i'm guessing ROR is too. Our D is too slow. We need some young legs.

Ideally, Goligoski wouldn't play, either, but because of the cap situation he'll get the odd game. Good player in his day, but time has caught up to, and exposed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad