GDT: GM #5 LA Kings vs NY Islanders @7:30

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I think that would be a step backwards, as far as adjustment to the big time. Most young players take time to adjust, usually hitting their stride at the 240 game mark or so. It takes time to grow your game and they haven't scratched the surface yet. Experience is still the best teacher and staying here and getting their minutes in, will pay off.

I am going to have to King Solomon yours and damacles argument, and split them in half, because they are both underperforming for very different reasons.

Kempe needs to stay up. Brodzinski needs to go back down. Get the rhythm of his game back.

Kempe needs to learn from his mistakes. Brodzinski needs to MAKE mistakes to learn from. He's playing too scared to mess up.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
What do you guys/girls think about picking up Bozak from Toronto. He might be available for a 2nd + 4th since they might go Matthew, Nylander & Kadri as their top 3 centers. Bozak has skill and face-off abilities, but average on his defensive responsibilities. Is a UFA.
If the Kings haven't solved the 3C hole by December, they should look at some veteran rentals. Mikhail Grabovski is a speedy center that will be available, assuming Vegas drops down the standings by then. If Montreal continues to suck, maybe Plekanec could become available? He would be great addition. Expensive, though.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
If the Kings haven't solved the 3C hole by December, they should look at some veteran rentals. Mikhail Grabovski is a speedy center that will be available, assuming Vegas drops down the standings by then. If Montreal continues to suck, maybe Plekanec could become available? He would be great addition. Expensive, though.
He has not played in over a year and is suffering from post concussion syndrome. I'm not sure I want him as 3C

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Happy to hear Auger is up. This should be interesting. Thought he did pretty good during the preseason

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
wtf are you trying to say. Clifford is injured and the kings had a roster spot open. Who else is ready in the ahl? Auger imo showed he can play in what little preseason time he got to play. It was either Mersch or Auger

Is Clifford your brother?

Reactions: Reaper45

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Cousin?

Trying to get an understanding of the undying defensiveness you get for a grinder.

In-law?
I am not related at all. I got offended by the fact raccoon is saying that auger call up has anything to do with players trying to claim a roster spot. It has nothing to do with Clifford other then the fact hes hurt and we needed a replacement. I would have posted the same thing if any king was hurt and the same post was made.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I am not related at all. I got offended by the fact raccoon is saying that auger call up has anything to do with players trying to claim a roster spot. It has nothing to do with Clifford other then the fact hes hurt and we needed a replacement. I would have posted the same thing if any king was hurt and the same post was made.
To be fair, he said nothing like that, our bottom 6 isn't set in stone, so I don't know why you got upset or necessarily brought up Clifford so randomly.

Not even a best friend or close friend? High school acquaintance?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
To be fair, he said nothing like that, our bottom 6 isn't set in stone, so I don't know why you got upset or necessarily brought up Clifford so randomly.

Not even a best friend or close friend? High school acquaintance?
He made it sound like to me that the kings are trying to find players by just randomly throwing players into the lineup. The only reason Auger was call up is the fact Clifford is on ir and we have a open spot. He would not have been called up other wise. I have never met Clifford. I think your suggesting i am defending him or that its because of him i posted is RIDICULOUS as i said i would have posted the exact same post if anyone in bottom 6 was hurt.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He made it sound like to me that the kings are trying to find players by just randomly throwing players into the lineup. The only reason Auger was call up is the fact Clifford is on ir and we have a open spot. He would not have been called up other wise. I have never met Clifford. I think your suggesting i am defending him or that its because of him i posted is RIDICULOUS as i said i would have posted the exact same post if anyone in bottom 6 was hurt.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The 'third' line has been mostly a bad joke so far. We're basically rotating deck chairs on the Titanic and hoping someone can stick.

Right now, our roster looks like this:

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
(Clifford)x-Shore-Lewis
x-x-x

where x is any random assortment of Andreoff, Dowd, Kempe, Cammalleri, Brodzinski, and now Auger that Stevens feels like putting together on any given night. None of those guys have shown pretty much anything so far. I don't see how that's offensive/controversial at all, frankly. Did one of those guys have a real good game in the first 5 that you want to vouch for?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Oh yeah I believe you, and yeah it's because Clifford got injured. And since we're talking about Clifford, if I got Clifford to take a DNA test, and wanted you to do one too, would you feel nervous knowing that you rejected the fact you guys aren't related? I'll personally fund this too, I'm gonna try to get KingsHockey24 to do it as well since I feel like there's a strong possibility he's Clifford's not so anonymous HF account.

And I want to run one on Dmacles to see if he's related to Sutter.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
wtf are you trying to say. Clifford is injured and the kings had a roster spot open. Who else is ready in the ahl? Auger imo showed he can play in what little preseason time he got to play. It was either Mersch or Auger

I think RJ is trying to say someone needs to earn their spot on the 4th line. This is Auger's chance.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think RJ is trying to say someone needs to earn their spot on the 4th line. This is Auger's chance.

For sure, I think he will stick as well. He's got a good understanding of the game. Better understanding than some of the rookies we have up right now.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
That's exactly what I'm saying. The 'third' line has been mostly a bad joke so far. We're basically rotating deck chairs on the Titanic and hoping someone can stick.

Right now, our roster looks like this:

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
(Clifford)x-Shore-Lewis
x-x-x

where x is any random assortment of Andreoff, Dowd, Kempe, Cammalleri, Brodzinski, and now Auger that Stevens feels like putting together on any given night. None of those guys have shown pretty much anything so far. I don't see how that's offensive/controversial at all, frankly. Did one of those guys have a real good game in the first 5 that you want to vouch for?

Raccoon we are currently 4 0 1 leading the nhl . If we keep it up i don't care if the 4th line *shore lewis and whoever gets more mins the the so called 3rd line and have for all 5 games. So to me its the 4th line your talking about. They have been awful so far but as long as we continue winning they can all go goalless as far as i care. The fourth line doesn't need to score a lot as long as the top 6 is scoring. Also Augers promotion has nothing to do with that line . The only reason Auger is up is Clifford being injured period, I am going to hope he claims a spot from Brodzinski or Kempe however when clifford is back i would not be surprised to see auger return to the ahl.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Oh yeah I believe you, and yeah it's because Clifford got injured. And since we're talking about Clifford, if I got Clifford to take a DNA test, and wanted you to do one too, would you feel nervous knowing that you rejected the fact you guys aren't related? I'll personally fund this too, I'm gonna try to get KingsHockey24 to do it as well since I feel like there's a strong possibility he's Clifford's not so anonymous HF account.

Okay you actually got me to lol for this replay well played. If serious I would only do this if you and other stop asking if i'm related. Yes he is one of my favorite kings ever and its based on his play and work ethic

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Raccoon we are currently 4 0 1 leading the nhl . If we keep it up i don't care if the 4th line *shore lewis and whoever gets more mins the the so called 3rd line and have for all 5 games. So to me its the 4th line your talking about. They have been awful so far but as long as we continue winning they can all go goalless as far as i care. The fourth line doesn't need to score a lot as long as the top 6 is scoring. Also Augers promotion has nothing to do with that line . The only reason Auger is up is Clifford being injured period, I am going to hope he claims a spot from Brodzinski or Kempe however when clifford is back i would not be surprised to see auger return to the ahl.

Yes, but that doesn't mean we can't improve our roster. I agree it's a much smaller concern than we had going into the season, but it's worrying that literally none of those five players can solidify a spot in the lineup on what would be the cushiest deployment on the team.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Yes, but that doesn't mean we can't improve our roster. I agree it's a much smaller concern than we had going into the season, but it's worrying that literally none of those five players can solidify a spot in the lineup on what would be the cushiest deployment on the team.
I guess that's a difference between you and me I can be happy with results and you do not seem to be able to. Would I like to see them improve hell yeah but am i ok with the way things are as long as we win why worry so much. I guess it comes down to the old saying my glass is half full vs yours being half empty

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
You NEVER stop trying to improve the roster, no matter the results. This is the exact problem Lombardi had.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

I laughed. Hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad