GDT: GM#30 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @7:30

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Doughty is definitely playing well in a contract year.
Is he looking at his second Norris?
And if we make the playoffs and manage our way to the finals. I just see him having a conn smythe type playoffs.
Just adding to his contract totals.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Drew on pace for 65 points. Atta boy. Plus he's been his usual stellar self defensively minus some cheating to show off tonight.

Yeah, he tends to do it whenever we play the Sens. Tonight, he was better than EK , but I think both were on the ice for every goal.:laugh:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Come fly with me...

giphy.gif

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I believe they're pretty glaring and being masked by better goaltending. But that may be enough to get the job done. Every team has holes. If ours is "2nd pairing," so be it. Fantenberg is a mess with turnovers, whichever one of Martinez/Muzzin/Forbort is on the 2nd pairing is a mess with turnovers, Folin is quietly solid but he's not much of a puckmover, MacDermid was a tire fire tonight but is generally ok as well. Folin and big Mac generally don't try to play beyond their means but they also don't have to like we're asking of Forbort, Muzzin, Martinez.

They're very good defending, but they're turning the pucks over at an alarming rate leading to the self-inflicted wounds that kill us vs. other top teams because guys like TB don't need more than one opportunity to bury you.

I think everyone is just seeing things through rosy eyes of nostalgia. From 12-14 things were often squirrelly around the net from either a Scuderi or Greene turnover or getting beat for being slow. Quick usually had to make an amazing save or we had to have forwards clearing the puck out of the crease at the last minute. And that was with multiple 30+ year old vets.

Now we’re dealing with a defense where our vet D are 30, 29 & 28 (think I got those right). With a rookie D, 2 guys who’ve played 136&126 games Forbort and Folin, Fantenberg whose an NHL rookie. It’s a learning curve, it’ll take time.

Reactions: Bandit and Statto

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Holy ****, for Jordan Subban. Wild.

Dowd's gonna come back to kick our asses :laugh: hope he can put his game togehter when he's not playing us
Kinda like the last time the Kings traded a center to the Canucks. Boy that Linden Vey trade really burned us. :sarcasm:

Happy for Dowd. There's nothing for him here.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
and LOL. Kuemper is actually above Quick:
5-0-2 so far. Dude's gonna earn himself a fat paycheck and a starting job somewhere next season.

Major props to Kuemper. The best acquisition for the Kings this season.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
that was cool losing my internet at about 8 minutes left in the 3rd, then it comes right back up after the OT winner when i've given up and gone to bed

thanks cox, love you

Reactions: KingTrouty

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I think everyone is just seeing things through rosy eyes of nostalgia. From 12-14 things were often squirrelly around the net from either a Scuderi or Greene turnover or getting beat for being slow. Quick usually had to make an amazing save or we had to have forwards clearing the puck out of the crease at the last minute. And that was with multiple 30+ year old vets.

Now we’re dealing with a defense where our vet D are 30, 29 & 28 (think I got those right). With a rookie D, 2 guys who’ve played 136&126 games Forbort and Folin, Fantenberg whose an NHL rookie. It’s a learning curve, it’ll take time.
Well said. The players are being told to move the puck up as quickly as possible. That means turnovers are inevitable. Kings still have the best D in the league and its not all just goaltending. If Quick was having just an average year (save %) the D would still be top 5. Combine that with the huge increase in offense and the record to date should be no surprise. MVP to Turgeon for that and Blake gets credit for recognizing that offense matters. Just get the pp going and stay healthy and the boys are right in there.

I also like the job Stevens is doing with the D. There really is no "bottom pair", meaning Folin and McDermott are the bottom pair but don't play together.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
5-0-2 so far. Dude's gonna earn himself a fat paycheck and a starting job somewhere next season.

Major props to Kuemper. The best acquisition for the Kings this season.
Wonder if he becomes trade bait at some point if the Kings feel Campbell (is he the starter in Ontario?) is ready. Kings aren't winning the cup without Quick anyways so keeping Keumper for insurance in case Quick goes down is pointless if you can get a 2nd or 3rd for Keumper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad