GDT: GM#30 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @7:30

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Ottawa Senators(9-11-6, 24pts, 6th in Atlantic) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(18-8-3, 39 pts, 1st in Pacific):thumbu:
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:00 PM PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: 790 KABC

QUICK STATS
Previous meeting: LAK 3-2 SO​

:kings:sens
PP/PK22nd/1st27th/24th
Faceoffs15th5th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar:15 goals, 19 assists, 34 pointsMark Stone: 14 goals, 11 assists, 25 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
njH6Vhl.png

OsQsV5V.png

X2Rtv4n.png

Extras: Nic Dowd, Andy Andreoff, Oscar Fantenberg
Injuries: Kyle Clifford, Jeff Carter

:sens
zZBYCo1.png

phEbfaE.png

fudj37m.png

Injuries: Clarke MacArthur, Colin White, Chris Wideman

News/Notes:​
  • The Ottawa Senators lost to the Anaheim Ducks 3-0 and makes the Senators 1-8-1 in their last 10 games. This is the 2nd game of their California road trip and will face the Sharks next on Saturday following this game.
  • Mike Condon is confirmed as the starter for tonight's game as Craig Anderson got the call last night. Condon is 2-2-3 on the season so far with a 3.17 GAA and a .904 save%
  • The Senators were involved in a blockbuster deal which saw them send Kyle Turris to the Nashville Predators and Matt Duchene coming from Colorado. But so far it hasn't gone as well as they would've hoped. Duchene only has 2 points since joining the team a little over a month ago.
  • Kuemper was first off the ice this morning at morning skate so Quick may be getting himself a rest tonight. The Kings won't have a back to back until next week when they travel to New York.
  • The Kings have won 6 in a row and look to be back in their form from earlier this season after defeating the Minnesota Wild in a stunning 3rd period comeback Tuesday night.
  • It was milestone night for the Kings as Marian Gaborik got his 400th career goal and also his 800th career point. Coincidentally against the team that drafted him. Kopitar also notched his 500 career assist.
Tweets of the Game!

*also sorry for the delay in gdt. finals are kicking my ass*

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Guaranteed loss. Looks like we will be 6-1 in the last 7 after today. All odds are stacked against us. Ottawa is on a back-to-back, playing backup goaltender, and hasn't scored in two games. This could get ugly for us.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I have fond memories of Senators games in LA, mostly because of this game, the 1997 home opener against the Sens.
Newest Kings Take Over
The Kings could not have written a better script for their home opener Sunday night at the Forum.

In front of a sellout crowd of 16,005--which happened only four times last season--the Kings gained their first victory with a 7-4 triumph over the Ottawa Senators, thanks to nine points from off-season additions Luc Robitaille, Jozef Stumpel and Garry Galley.

In his first regular-season home game since rejoining the Kings in a trade with the New York Rangers, Robitaille gave the Forum fans what they wanted when he scored the eventual winning goal midway through the third period.

"This is a big, big home stretch for us and we needed to win the first one," said Robitaille, who also added an assist as the Kings improved to 1-2-3 after opening the season with a five-game trip.

pixel.gif

"It felt pretty good [to return]. . . . The crowd was really into it. There were a lot of goals and it's always a lot of fun when you get that."

Stumpel, acquired in a summer trade with Boston, extended his scoring streak to six games with a goal and three assists. It was his goal 21 seconds after Robitaille's that put the game away.

"That's what we've been trying to get him to do since training camp and that is to shoot the puck," King Coach Larry Robinson said. "As you can see he has a great shot."

With 10 points in six games, Stumpel leads the NHL and has given the Kings exactly what they were seeking when they traded for him: a center with size and scoring ability.
"It's nice to get that first [victory]," Stumpel said. "Somehow, we have to keep playing well."

Galley, signed as a free agent from Buffalo, continued his steady play with three assists, giving him eight points for the season. He and Robitaille led the Kings with a plus-4 on the night.

The Kings also received a big game from center Yanic Perreault, who scored his second and third goals of the season.

Not mentioned in the game summary is that a woman was shown on the jumbotron, who then proceeded to take her top off and flashed the entire crowd. Even Larry Robinson got a good look, and when the Prime Sports cameras returned from a break, you see Larry Robinson behind the bench, cackling, and you can hear both Bob and Jim cracking up. Of course Bob would go on to explain what just went down.

Good times.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Guaranteed loss. Looks like we will be 6-1 in the last 7 after today. All odds are stacked against us. Ottawa is on a back-to-back, playing backup goaltender, and hasn't scored in two games. This could get ugly for us.

This. We are so unspeakably f***ed.

Watch Brodzinski come out of the line-up for Andreoff..

tenor.gif

If it's possible for me to throw my remote before the game, this will make me do it.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Looking forward to seeing this game as i will miss saturdays game as i am traveling east to be home for the holidays . I want to watch sens defense in particular ceci and Karlson a little more closely. Should be a good game Go kings go

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I know backups used to be a big problem for LA, but a lot about this team seems different this year. Used to struggle to get ENs as well and they've got four in the last three games.

5-2 Kings again, but I'll say 2-1-2 instead of four in the third.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Our PP is really ranked #22 now? I thought we were #29 before last game. Good thing Kopi got that EN PP goal at the end! I feel much better about our PP now!!!!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
EK, 1 goal all season, zero points in 10 games. He'll go on some mad streak the final 20 games and win the Norris again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->