Giving Credit To Your Opponent

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Most of all I admire how Boston truly backs their guys in a scrum. If a Leaf player is roughing up a B's player, other B's come flying in and take it personally. When its the other way I feel like my Leafs come into the scrum out of obligation rather than protecting their brother.
I also think that the win last night is adding to that dynamic and I expect to see the Leafs stick up for one an other more.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
The Old boys club seems to hold all the cards and is stacking the deck against this team. Can't wait for them to trade more 22 year old developing guys for 31 year old lesser players for the 40th time in 13 years.

So tough even the best player in the world can't seem to make a difference.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Old boys club seems to hold all the cards and is stacking the deck against this team. Can't wait for them to trade more 22 year old developing guys for 31 year old lesser players for the 40th time in 13 years.

So tough even the best player in the world can't seem to make a difference.
I hear Andrew Ladd is available.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Isles play a super disciplined style and aren't getting enough credit for the job they're doing defensively. Holding Crosby to 0 points through three games is a pretty incredible feat. When they have broken down, Lehner has been great.

They remind me of the 2015-16 Pens. Not in the way they play, which is much more defensive. But in the way that you can tell everyone on the team has 100% bought in and they are all on the same page and pulling on the same rope. When every guy buys in, you can see a team look like a well oiled machine like they do now.

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
Carolina's a great team and one of my more favorite teams aside from the Caps. They kicked *** last night and the arena was electric. Great to see.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Bruins still look so scary despite their injuries. Leafs have played them well so far but could have gone either way.

The "best line in hockey" is so scary everytime but thankfully the Hyman/JT/Marner line has been upto the task along with Andersen thus far. Bruins PP is scary to watch. The passes they make and the seams they hit are amazing.

Rask hasn't looked too great, but I am scared when Krug and McAvoy are in the offensive zone. They usually always make something happen. 2 great players. DeBrusk is a solid young player and Wagner has also been pretty good for a bottom 6 guy.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The Islanders are a smart and opportunistic team. They just wait for the Pens to make their usual mistakes and capitalize on them. Much like Trotz did last year with the Caps. They are extremely well coached. They simply haven't given the Penguins any space to create any offense. Some may feel that some Penguin players aren't 100% healty. It doesn't matter. The reason for the Pens getting owned isn't injuries but what the Islanders are doing. Eberle has been incredible and the Islanders fourth line has been easily better than the Penguins first line.

They are outhustling the Penguins to every loose puck. Pittsburgh has had the lead for maybe three minutes the entire series. That's it.

I admit I never thought the Islanders would come close to reaching the playoffs let alone getting over 100 points especially when Tavares left. I honestly thought that they would eventually return back to average as the season progressed.

If and when the Islanders take the series I won't have a grudge against NYI at all. They have been the better team and I wish them luck moving forward. Their fans have been great on Long Island.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The Jets have a deadly power play and regardless of the strategy, Patrick Laine always seems to find a way to score. Very impressive defensive core as well. Definitely not an easy draw getting the Jets

Weast

May 16, 2011
Flames are built crazy deep. Tkachuk and Bennett fill roles that are imperative to having a team built for the playoffs. If the top line picks it up the Avs are in trouble

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Islanders are a smart and opportunistic team. They just wait for the Pens to make their usual mistakes and capitalize on them. Much like Trotz did last year with the Caps. They are extremely well coached. They simply haven't given the Penguins any space to create any offense. Some may feel that some Penguin players aren't 100% healty. It doesn't matter. The reason for the Pens getting owned isn't injuries but what the Islanders are doing. Eberle has been incredible and the Islanders fourth line has been easily better than the Penguins first line.

They are outhustling the Penguins to every loose puck. Pittsburgh has had the lead for maybe three minutes the entire series. That's it.

I admit I never thought the Islanders would come close to reaching the playoffs let alone getting over 100 points especially when Tavares left. I honestly thought that they would eventually return back to average as the season progressed.

If and when the Islanders take the series I won't have a grudge against NYI at all. They have been the better team and I wish them luck moving forward. Their fans have been great on Long Island.

I don't know if I can root for the team that beat us to win the Cup but I do hope if they beat us that they end up facing Toronto and beat them. The lol factor on that is just too good.

EclecticDarkness

Nov 5, 2013
Maryland
Canes board work and ability to get sticks in lanes to break exit passes and the cycle game is phenomenal. They’ve also done really well at shutting down the Capitals power play and get a TON of pucks on net. If they stick to that and don’t get caught up in the extracurricular they have a good chance at the upset here.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Canes are great, they're playing as a cohesive unit and are relentless on the forecheck, they've been the better team so far and I wouldn't be surprised if they come back and win the series.

member 96824

Marner is unbelievable, been a fan since London. He should regarded as a tier 2 superstar in this league and they have a lot of....passionate....fans.

JediJew12

Apr 16, 2019
It really is refreshing to watch a team like Carolina. They have dominated the Caps through 3 games, despite being down 2-1. I really feel like their young team is enjoying themselves and they have elevated their play. They are genuinely excited to be here and their forecheck and play reflect the that. Their coach has won me over with the way he handled the Svech KO, the really do seem like a tight knit group. The Caps have not been able to match their enthusiasm or intensity. They seem flat and honestly, a bit arrogant and entitled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad