Giving Credit To Your Opponent

Backes42

Jul 20, 2017
For as good as the Blues as a team have been, they do not stack up to the Jets on paper.

Sure we have a solid top line but the majority of our secondary scoring is made up of Sundqvist, Bozak, Maroon, etc.

Scheifele, Conner, Wheeler, Ehlers, Laine, Little.... not to mention their big boys on defense....

If the Jets figure it out, they are going to be scary

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
I would rather play any team in the league before Boston. They play a style and seemingly just know how to counter the Leafs style of game better than any team out there. No matter what the score of the game or what the series says....I never feel safe with Boston.

This.

Btw I hope you didn't chose your user name today... :sarcasm:

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Penguins show up giving the Islanders a 60 minute system practice. I guess that counts for something.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The Bruins ability to get momentum to snowball is scary as hell.

Also, the second JT and the gang lose track of the Bergeron line, we're in freaking trouble....and you just KNOW it's going to happen.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Boston has a system they sell and the players buy into it so well. One of the closest locker rooms in the league with a locker full of leadership. Passionate fan base. Above all else, that team has scoring capabilities from the first line to the fourth.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
As an Oilers fan the 5th hole at Jagare Ridge is rather difficult. Its a par 5, 514 yards, with water all along left side. That water is very dangerous because it gets in your head and makes you over think.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
The Blues are easy to like. Big and skilled with a goalie that despite game three is proving that he isn't just on a streak because people are still figuring him out. Even during game three, he made some incredible saves and I'm pretty sure had us all worried after period one. Solid team from top to bottom.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I don't follow any other team than the Bruins but from what I have seen from the Leafs so far, Boston better not take them lightly. They have speed all up and down the lineup and Anderson is en fuego right now. They spent so much time in the B's end of the ice and it was frustrating to watch. I think it was a miracle the Bruins didn't get run out of the building. This series is going 7 games no doubt.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Rocco Grimaldi has stolen the "Starkiller" title from Joel Armia. Dallas should install one these signs at the visitor's entrance to keep him off the ice:

61T9VZmjVPL._SX679_.jpg

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

nofehr

Dec 17, 2012
I would never count the Bruins out until the last second of the last game is over. They were down 2-0 with less than a minute left and up to the very last second I was worried that they could tie it up.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
As much as Flames are getting shit on for their team not showing up beyond Smith, they did often start games well. Most of them. Their problem had more to do with losing their edge as the game wore on an the Avs overwhelming them. If they can regroup and work out that mental block that really hurt them as games wore on, they can be truly a force like some thought they could be

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Mike Smith made this series somewhat stressful.

As much as Flames are getting **** on for their team not showing up beyond Smith, they did often start games well. Most of them. Their problem had more to do with losing their edge as the game wore on an the Avs overwhelming them. If they can regroup and work out that mental block that really hurt them as games wore on, they can be truly a force like some thought they could be

The skill wasn't there in front. The majority of their goals were fluke bounces or random tips. It may be mental for Johnny and Monahan, but I didn't see much skill from anyone in front of Smith.
As much as Flames are getting **** on for their team not showing up beyond Smith, they did often start games well. Most of them. Their problem had more to do with losing their edge as the game wore on an the Avs overwhelming them. If they can regroup and work out that mental block that really hurt them as games wore on, they can be truly a force like some thought they could be

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
The skill wasn't there in front. The majority of their goals were fluke bounces or random tips. It may be mental for Johnny and Monahan, but I didn't see much skill from anyone in front of Smith.
Not particularly speaking to the goals, specifically. More just how the games started. They had a good combination of grinding through the Avs' shutdown strategy with flashes of skill plays when they had an opportunity to do so. They just couldn't keep it up as the Avs eventually took over.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I know Flames defense somehow let them down and can probably say the same about their top line. But to me I really liked what I've seen from Rasmus Andersson minus a mistake he made in game 5 also too bad that Valimaki started playing after game 3 because he looked very poised and was playing great out there. Makes you wonder why they didn't play him the whole series.

Reactions: cgf

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Well as of right now it looks like TOR is going to be our future opponents and the only team I was scared of outside of TB just on paper was BOS so if TOR seems like they are going to finish them off... having the best young C in the league and I believe of this generation in Mathews... TOR has me a little scared right now.

TOR winning and getting to play immediately while we been sitting is not going to be good for us.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hole 4 has a wicked dog leg that you have to be prepared for and a bunker near the green that frustrates even the most seasoned golfers.

Reactions: Cellee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad