Giving Credit To Your Opponent

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
Alright so we all know playoffs are stressful for everone involved. I grew up as a kid during the 90’s and early 200’s so more than anyone I love hate, passion, and physicality in hockey. However HfBoards is a close nit community and compiles the most passionate and occasionally smartest fans in the sport.

The title is self explanatory. What’s the scariest feauture of the team your playing?What player scares the hell out of you when on the ice? What are the positive attributes you see out of your opponents? Give some credit to your opposition.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
As a leafs fan:

The bruins ability to cycle and control puck possession in the offensive zone is horrifying. It takes one bounce or a seam to open up for an easy goal. Especially after wearing down the defence over a 1min+ shift in their own zone.

The Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta line is one of, if not the best line in hockey. Even though they’ve been relatively quiet (so far) the ability that they have to dominate defensively and offensively is matched by few. The little touch passes and ability to create space for each other is incredibly frustrating to watch as an opposing fan.

Kaeften

Mar 19, 2018
Sweden
Columbus continued playing as they entered the playoffs, essentially fighting for their lives. Duchene especially plays like he's loving every second of the games, and the fact that he has more will to win and energy than all of TB combined scares me

Reactions: mikeyp24

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Leafs D was excellent in game three for cutting lanes and preventing any established zone time outside a handful of times. Fore check hems the break out from below the circles in the d-zone which is preventing any real sustained attacked from occurring, its a great game plan and the players are executing. Freddie Andersen has been outstanding, looks like the Vezina candidate he was in the first half of the season.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
The bruins are the bruins...they don't need explanation. I knew exactly what I was going to see and they brought it.

They're a team that has a high offence top line, a lot of grit and shit disturbing on the bottom... and a defence that can move and put a puck to the net.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Columbus has a game plan and executes it very well. They strip Tampa off its speed and trap the hell out of us. Cooper and his team don't have any answers whatsoever. The resulting frustration totally clouds the teams mind and they stop being effective (Stamkos, Point) and/or do stupid things like taunting and getting suspended (Hedman, Kucherov).

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
As a Jets fan I give the Blues full props. Jets were a .500 team the 2nd half of the season and the Blues were the best team in the nhl the 2nd half of the season. Last I looked 46% ofJets fans voted we would lose in the 1st rd vs the Blues. Jets are the clear underdog in this series vs a very good & hot team in the Blues. #respecttheBlues

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Stars have the game breaking forwards that the Preds lack. Every time Radulov, Seguin, Benn, or Zuccarello are on the ice - something happens. Preds are up a game but I think the Stars have been the superior team.

I said before that a lot of the Preds game plan this series was gonna be get some lucky goals and then hold onto your butts and hope Rinne shows up. Game 3 was definitely that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I would do terrible things to have Backlund & Tkachuk anchoring our 2nd line.

...oh and I'd like mr mustache if he weren't doing that shit to my team. Kid's turned himself into a nifty bottom 6er.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I've been saying Bruins in 7 since the start. I would say anyone who says their team will win in 7 is clearly giving the other team props. As for the Leafs, Marner, Marner, Marner "to the tune of the Brady Bunch"

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Gaudreau is the shiftiest motherf***er I've ever seen. I'm worried about what it'll look like if he gets going. Better keep slashing the shit out of his hands so long as it keeps not getting called.

T'chuck is a rat bastard and I hate him. Landesberg is a rat bastard and I love him.

Sam Bennett plays hard and mean and I'd love to have him as well.

Flames centers are showing up all of our guys at the dot.

Mike Smith has shown the ability to summon the spirit of Hašek and frustrate the shit out of our top guys.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I would rather play any team in the league before Boston. They play a style and seemingly just know how to counter the Leafs style of game better than any team out there. No matter what the score of the game or what the series says....I never feel safe with Boston.

Reactions: Seras

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
As a canes fan, Backstrom is scaring the shit out of me any time he's on the ice. He was the most dangerous player on either team in games one and two, and it felt like he had all the decent chances the caps had last night.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad