Give it up Moore!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC2k2*

jaydog2005 said:
Another twist there is talks that moore will be sued for 25.5 million.The avs and the canucks are looking at sueing him for slander amoung other things.
There "is" talks that someone will be "sueing" you for assault and battery on the English language ...

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Resolute said:
1. Would love to see a source.
2. On what grounds would the Canucks have the right to sue for slander?
Honestly. Have they been accused of anything there isn't at least backed up by audiotape?

And why would the Avs join in the suit? They aren't being sued by Moore, he's said nothing bad about them and given the fanbase here is solidly behind Moore and siging Brad May was a PR nightmare would what ever cost defrayed or (guffaw) money gained defray what they'd lose in ill will from the paying customers? :confused:

Anytime you'd like to hit us up with a source there jaydog. Alieviate my confusion.

KrisKing*

Resolute said:
Answer me this as well, KK:

Why were the Canucks organization and fans so willing to forgive Bertuzzi, and forget that he deliberately ended another players carreer, yet this same organization and fans cannot bring themselves to forgive Moore for a legal hit on Naslund?

You know what they say about those who live in glass houses...

Well for one thing, I'm not really a canucks fan, and I certainly can't speak for the entire organization, but people probably harp on the moore hit on naslund for the same reason people still whine about the bertuzzi hit... because they're idiots. (and it wasn't a legal hit by any stretch, but that's beside the point)

The fact is, Moore injured Naslund with a dirty hit, and retribution was bound to happen. This isn't a situation exclusive to the canucks either, it happens all the time. On this very site where people ***** about how bertuzzi is an animal all the time, Donald Brashear is being idolized because he went after Kasparitis after a dirty hit he threw.

Bertuzzi did something that many players have done before, and a freak injury happened to Moore, and that's a shame. But to continuously pile on Bertuzzi years after the fact because of this one incident, not to mention the ridiculous comments people make about how he's a "brain-dead neanderthal, shame to the sport blah blah blah", is just showing pure ignorance.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
KrisKing said:
Well for one thing, I'm not really a canucks fan, and I certainly can't speak for the entire organization, but people probably harp on the moore hit on naslund for the same reason people still whine about the bertuzzi hit... because they're idiots. (and it wasn't a legal hit by any stretch, but that's beside the point)

The fact is, Moore injured Naslund with a dirty hit, and retribution was bound to happen. This isn't a situation exclusive to the canucks either, it happens all the time. On this very site where people ***** about how bertuzzi is an animal all the time, Donald Brashear is being idolized because he went after Kasparitis after a dirty hit he threw.

Bertuzzi did something that many players have done before, and a freak injury happened to Moore, and that's a shame. But to continuously pile on Bertuzzi years after the fact because of this one incident, not to mention the ridiculous comments people make about how he's a "brain-dead neanderthal, shame to the sport blah blah blah", is just showing pure ignorance.

You'd think that in three paragraphs, you could have actually answered his question. But no.

KrisKing*

Doctor No said:
You'd think that in three paragraphs, you could have actually answered his question. But no.

Well actually I did. Try reading the words instead of counting the paragraphs.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
KrisKing said:

Fact is the league itself reviewed the play and said it was a legal hit hence no suspension but lets not the the truth get in the way of bashing a player

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
KrisKing said:
The fact is, Moore injured Naslund with a dirty hit
No it wasnt dirty. This is coming from an Oiler fan. I hate the Canucks and Aves equally.
KrisKing said:
and retribution was bound to happen. This isn't a situation exclusive to the canucks either, it happens all the time..
When?
KrisKing said:
On this very site where people ***** about how bertuzzi is an animal all the time, Donald Brashear is being idolized because he went after Kasparitis after a dirty hit he threw.
See, the thing you are missing is that incident was in the same game. When something happens in the heat of the moment, its understandable. Its a fast, hard game. Its bad, but, as you said, we see that all the time.

The Bertuzi incident didnt happen in the same game, nor in the next. It was premeditated for weeks. That makes it psycho. Do you not understand that is why most people make a big deal out of this? Naslund was back in the lineup, it should have been over (as stated pages ago in this thread).

KrisKing said:
Bertuzzi did something that many players have done before, and a freak injury happened to Moore, and that's a shame.
As I said before, when has something like this (a player taking out a contract on another player, waiting for the right moment a few weeks later, then ending his career) happened before?

By the way, who idolized Brashear after that game? Everyone was calling him an idiot here.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
kingpest19 said:
Fact is the league itself reviewed the play and said it was a legal hit hence no suspension but lets not the the truth get in the way of bashing a player

A hit can be legal, but still be dirty. It's called respecting your opponent and avoiding a situation that could be dangerous and cause a serious injury. No shame in letting up when you have somebody in a prone position.

KrisKing*

Cawz said:
No it wasnt dirty. This is coming from an Oiler fan. I hate the Canucks and Aves equally.When?See, the thing you are missing is that incident was in the same game. When something happens in the heat of the moment, its understandable. Its a fast, hard game. Its bad, but, as you said, we see that all the time.

The Bertuzi incident didnt happen in the same game, nor in the next. It was premeditated for weeks. That makes it psycho. Do you not understand that is why most people make a big deal out of this? Naslund was back in the lineup, it should have been over (as stated pages ago in this thread).

As I said before, when has something like this (a player taking out a contract on another player, waiting for the right moment a few weeks later, then ending his career) happened before?

By the way, who idolized Brashear after that game? Everyone was calling him an idiot here.

There are also dirty hits that don't warrant suspensions. I know that's hard to believe for some of you people that think every time someone gets injured then the offending player is automatically the dirtiest player in the league and should never play hockey again.

And I don't feel like responding to any of your other inane comments. When you use the phrase "taking out a contract on another player" it tells me that you've pretty much lost touch with reality in this situation. Like so many others here.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
KrisKing said:
There are also dirty hits that don't warrant suspensions. I know that's hard to believe for some of you people that think every time someone gets injured then the offending player is automatically the dirtiest player in the league and should never play hockey again.

And I don't feel like responding to any of your other inane comments. When you use the phrase "taking out a contract on another player" it tells me that you've pretty much lost touch with reality in this situation. Like so many others here.
The reality is May publicaly said there was a bounty on Moore's head. Which Bettman took seriously enough to monitor the next game in person.

KrisKing*

Hasbro said:
The reality is May publicaly said there was a bounty on Moore's head. Which Bettman took seriously enough to monitor the next game in person.

Yes, and that was the first threat ever issued by a hockey player in the history of the game. And probably the first game that gary bettman ever actually went to in person as well.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
KrisKing said:
Yes, and that was the first threat ever issued by a hockey player in the history of the game.
And it was one certainly followed up on
And probably the first game that gary bettman ever actually went to in person as well.
Yeah Bettman and Campbell just dropped all the work they had to do with the up comming lockout and came to Denver just as a coincidence.

This cycle of retribution you put so much faith in, what kind of exchange rate do we get on Bertuzzi. He hasn't so much as dropped the gloves for doing worse. If he's such an exemplar of the code shouldn't he be pleading for a fight with an Av at this point?

In the same game Naslund got his three game injury Ruutu managed to put Forsberg out 15 games mugging him. He did worse in deed and result what should the Avs have done to him?

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
KrisKing said:

Its called a hyperbole - an exageration to help illustrate a point.

Obviously he didnt take out a contract on him, but he waited weeks to exact his revenge. If you dont want to respond to that and pretend its the same as many incedents we see every year, go ahead. Have fun missing the point.

By the way, your first paragraph doesnt make sense.

KrisKing*

Cawz said:
Its called a hyperbole - an exageration to help illustrate a point.

Obviously he didnt take out a contract on him, but he waited weeks to exact his revenge. If you dont want to respond to that and pretend its the same as many incedents we see every year, go ahead. Have fun missing the point.

By the way, your first paragraph doesnt make sense.

Yeah it makes perfect sense. Check out the Brooks Orpik/Cole thread.

And exagerrating the facts to illustrate your point is pretty much the same thing as blowing something out of proportion to win an internet pissing match.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
KrisKing said:
Yeah it makes perfect sense. Check out the Brooks Orpik/Cole thread.

And exagerrating the facts to illustrate your point is pretty much the same thing as blowing something out of proportion to win an internet pissing match.
OK, it doesnt make sense to me. I dont think offending players are automatically the dirtiest players in the league, like you said. I said the Moore hit was fine, not suspendable, and he wasnt dirty (at least not what I've seen of him).

This isnt a pissing match. I simply said that you are missing the point that the Bertuzzi incident was worse because of the premeditation. Most other people realize that, but you seem to want to avoid acknowledging that part of the incident.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
KrisKing said:
Well actually I did. Try reading the words instead of counting the paragraphs.

So you are saying Canuck fans are idiots. Gotcha.

Incidentally, Naslund himself said the hit was clean. If the supposed victim himself says it was a clean hit, why would you disagree with him?

Still waiting on that poster to back up his fabrication that the Canucks and Avs ( :biglaugh: ) are planning to sue Moore.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I wonder if this had been a member of the Oilers or Flames that Betuzzi attacked what would the reaction be. I know Canuckleheads like to hide behind the convention that Avs fans are American and therefore don't know the game (despite being aware of the fact that Bertuzzi actualy has a history of thuggery, there have been lawsuits involving the league before, Moore was a decent player and you're taught in peewee hockey to keep your head up). If this was someone on a Canadian team, would he have any apologists, would he even got a sniff at Team Canada, would there any outcry over legal action.

KrisKing*

Cawz said:
OK, it doesnt make sense to me. I dont think offending players are automatically the dirtiest players in the league, like you said. I said the Moore hit was fine, not suspendable, and he wasnt dirty (at least not what I've seen of him).

This isnt a pissing match. I simply said that you are missing the point that the Bertuzzi incident was worse because of the premeditation. Most other people realize that, but you seem to want to avoid acknowledging that part of the incident.

I just think that it wasn't worse because of the premeditation, as there've been plenty of on-ice incidents that came after comments had been made in the media.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
KrisKing said:
I just think that it wasn't worse because of the premeditation, as there've been plenty of on-ice incidents that came after comments had been made in the media.

Name a few.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Hasbro said:
I wonder if this had been a member of the Oilers or Flames that Betuzzi attacked what would the reaction be. I know Canuckleheads like to hide behind the convention that Avs fans are American and therefore don't know the game (despite being aware of the fact that Bertuzzi actualy has a history of thuggery, there have been lawsuits involving the league before, Moore was a decent player and you're taught in peewee hockey to keep your head up). If this was someone on a Canadian team, would he have any apologists, would he even got a sniff at Team Canada, would there any outcry over legal action.

Three words for you:

LET IT GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA