Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
CoreVX said:
Moore shouldn't have elbowed Naslund if he didn't want Bertuzzi to come after him. An eye for an eye. His career may be over, but oh well, the NHL won't miss him. Moore can cry all he wants, he'll only get a fraction of what he wants.
The only one I've seen cry is Bertuzzi.

BitterEnd

Dec 24, 2004
I think the saddest part of this whole thing is seeing the reactions of the people not involved (us). To know that some people actually blame Moore and are angry because Bert may have to compensate someone for ending his career (dreams), it just leaves me speechless. The state of our society and our values… it’s just sad.
Let me ask you all something, if you were in a car accident, that wasn’t your fault, and was unable to work for 2 or more years would you sue the other driver? I bet a lot of the same people angry with Moore would sue even if they weren’t hurt.

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
BitterEnd said:
I think the saddest part of this whole thing is seeing the reactions of the people not involved (us). To know that some people actually blame Moore and are angry because Bert may have to compensate someone for ending his career (dreams), it just leaves me speechless. The state of our society and our values… it’s just sad.

i agree completely. it blows my mind how some people, hockey people included, have twisted things to make bertuzzi look like the victim.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I had gangrene in my left leg several years ago.

They had to amputate.

The surgeon goofed BIG time, and amputated my right leg instead of my left leg.

I still had to have my left leg amputated after that.

I wanted to sue the doctor for his error.

But I didn't have a leg to stand on.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
BitterEnd said:
I think the saddest part of this whole thing is seeing the reactions of the people not involved (us). To know that some people actually blame Moore and are angry because Bert may have to compensate someone for ending his career (dreams), it just leaves me speechless.
That's because you're apparently a reasonable, thoughtful, intelligent human being. And you have to understand... you're mostly preaching to the choir. The reactions you speak of are held by a subset of Canucks fans (and even they are a small minority among all Vancouver fans) and a few others. The other 99.9% of people on the continent share your view. So don't feel too depressed.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
While I think that it would be foolish to blame Mr. Moore for the situation which he finds himself in at the current time, the dollar figure which he is suing for seems from an uneducated viewpoint to be extraordinarly high. The chances that he would recieve fifteen million over the course of his career is minimal - granted there are the rare cases of players such as Scott Walker, but from a reasonable perspective it is unlikely that Mr. Moore would become such a player. That being said he does deserve compensation for lost wages. I propose that a given amount of money be deposited into a trust fund for Mr. Moore by Mr. Bertuzzi (the amount would equal the average NHLer's career earning). Each year that Mr. Moore is not medically cleared to play he recieves the average NHLers salary as compensation. If Mr. Moore is cleared to play the remaining money in the fund is given to Bertuzzi.

I don't see why his parents would be entitled to 1.5 million dollars and that is the part that I have the biggest problem with.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
That amount will come down because of a settlement. It's just a starting point.

Don't be fooled by all the blanching about the dollar amount, the pearl clutching is coming from people who haven't let up on Moore bashing since the incedent and it's just another pretext to scapegoat him.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Smytty Heart said:
I don't want to get into the whole incident again, but jeez this is exactly the problem, Moore won't let it go already :cry: !

Moore is just trying to get all he can get out of it. Nothing wrong with that. Most everybody would do it

KrisKing*

Rather Gingerly 1 said:
Moore is just trying to get all he can get out of it. Nothing wrong with that. Most everybody would do it

Yes, everyone who is a sleazy money grubber. that may be most everybody, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a pretty greasy way to make $15M.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
KrisKing said:
Yes, everyone who is a sleazy money grubber. that may be most everybody, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a pretty greasy way to make $15M.

When will people get it through there heads that Moore will never see 15 mil from this court case? Do people not realize that in , as stated in how many other posts in this thread, that it is a starting point.

Avery4Byng*

kingpest19 said:
When will people get it through there heads that Moore will never see 15 mil from this court case? Do people not realize that in , as stated in how many other posts in this thread, that it is a starting point.
Well he apparently would have made that in the NHL if he had not been punched by Mr Bertuzzi :sarcasm:

KrisKing*

kingpest19 said:

15 million or lower, whatever, that really wasn't my point.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
tray said:
Well he apparently would have made that in the NHL if he had not been punched by Mr Bertuzzi :sarcasm:

Whos to know what he would have made. The amount is a starting point , if he sees 60-70% his lawyers will have done an excellent job. You have to remember loss of wages, pain and suffering. This isnt just about money he would have made in the NHL.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
KrisKing said:
15 million or lower, whatever, that really wasn't my point.

Then what was your point? That Moore is a money grubber who had a serious injury and still suffers from the effects of suffering that injury?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
KrisKing said:

I'm pretty sure that Moore would have preferred to make his "fortune" in the NHL.

But Bertuzzi put an end to that source of income for Moore.

So, now Moore seeks compensation for his losses.

I don't see why people think he should just shrug and dismiss the issue. It might not be an issue for YOU or ME, but it sure is a justified issue for Moore!

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
KrisKing said:
Uh, no. A greasy way to make a few million is buying the lopped off finger of an aquaintence and putting it in you fast food chili or claiming injury and pain and suffering when a basketball was lobbed in your direction while attending an NBA game.

KrisKing*

AdmiralPred said:
Uh, no. A greasy way to make a few million is buying the lopped off finger of an aquaintence and putting it in you fast food chili or claiming injury and pain and suffering when a basketball was lobbed in your direction while attending an NBA game.

Did the guy that Garnett hit with the ball sue now? If so, yes that is much worse.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
tray said:

Good use of sarcasm. No, really.

It's amazing to me that you know just how much Steve Moore would have been capable of making had his career not been ended by Bertuzzi!

What I can't figure out is this: with your obvious abilities, why aren't you out playing the stock market instead of wasting your time educating morons like me on here?

KrisKing*

Doctor No said:
Good use of sarcasm. No, really.

It's amazing to me that you know just how much Steve Moore would have been capable of making had his career not been ended by Bertuzzi!

What I can't figure out is this: with your obvious abilities, why aren't you out playing the stock market instead of wasting your time educating morons like me on here?

It doesn't take much more than common sense to know that he wouldn't make $15m in his career.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
KrisKing said:
It doesn't take much more than common sense to know that he wouldn't make $15m in his career.

Riiiiight. And (even though you've probably never even seen him play) you are adequately eqipped to know what he would have earned over his career. Sure, I buy that. :shakehead

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
KrisKing said:

When will you realize this isnt just about income? Have you ever heard of pain and suffering? Guy had a fractured neck and is still to this day suffering from PCS. Noone is saying that he would have made 15 over the course of his career except those ripping him. Its a lawsuit you START high and settle from there. Its a basic act in a lawsuit. Realize that his career is over and he could have PCS symptoms for quite some time. Thats why the dollar amount to START with is so high.

KrisKing*

Bubba Thudd said:
Riiiiight. And (even though you've probably never even seen him play) you are adequately eqipped to know what he would have earned over his career. Sure, I buy that. :shakehead

It's called COMMON SENSE. Do you really think he had a chance to play 15 years in the NHL at 1M per year? But whatever, it's fine if he wants to sue for all that money, I'm sure he'll be very proud of himself when he's rich and Bertuzzi is broke all because of a single suckerpunch that moore wasn't man enough to turn around and face.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
KrisKing said:
It's called COMMON SENSE. Do you really think he had a chance to play 15 years in the NHL at 1M per year? But whatever, it's fine if he wants to sue for all that money, I'm sure he'll be very proud of himself when he's rich and Bertuzzi is broke all because of a single suckerpunch that moore wasn't man enough to turn around and face.
Yeah it's Moore's fault for unwillingly letting a thug beat him half to death for something that wasn't even a penalty and he went and answered the bell for anyway.

For all this talk of being a man why does Bertuzzi get a pass? Yeah he occasionaly shows the physical courage to take a pounding in front of the net or blow a gasket and attack someone, but he hasn't shown one shread of moral courage in the two years. Playing nice while the commish is in attendence during a road game, waiting until the last game of the seasson before the lockout, shedding crocodile tears in the face of his punishment, spending the whole time trying to weasle out of his suspension, running from any questions about the incedent, not standing up and making restitution for his crime and on and on. :confused:

KrisKing*

Hasbro said:
Yeah it's Moore's fault for unwillingly letting a thug beat him half to death for something that wasn't even a penalty and he went and answered the bell for anyway.

For all this talk of being a man why does Bertuzzi get a pass? Yeah he occasionaly shows the physical courage to take a pounding in front of the net or blow a gasket and attack someone, but he hasn't shown one shread of moral courage in the two years. Playing nice while the commish is in attendence during a road game, waiting until the last game of the seasson before the lockout, shedding crocodile tears in the face of his punishment, spending the whole time trying to weasle out of his suspension, running from any questions about the incedent, not standing up and making restitution for his crime and on and on. :confused:

Don't overstate it or anything. It was a punch to the back of the head, the likes of which happen so often in hockey. He got hurt when everyone piled on, that hardly constitues being "beaten half to death" That is the most annoying thing about this whole situation. People who dislike Bertuzzi exagerrating way past any limits of good sense. Why didn't Jeff Beukeboom sue for a zillion dollars when he got suckered from behind? His career was over. How about the guy that Eric Godard punched this year? He didn't get hurt, but maybe his parents suffered "emotional trauma" watching on TV. Honestly, the people on here don't even sound like hockey fans, it's the kind of nonsense I'd expect to hear from an American news show where they don't have a clue, and just want to create a huge story out of nothing. And one more thing: Bertuzzi has shown more "moral courage" since the incident than Steve Moore has. Don't let your self-righteous hatred for Bertuzzi blind you like it has so many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad