Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
KrisKing said:
Don't overstate it or anything. It was a punch to the back of the head, the likes of which happen so often in hockey. He got hurt when everyone piled on, that hardly constitues being "beaten half to death" That is the most annoying thing about this whole situation.
Let's not leave out riding him to the ice and keeping swinging.
People who dislike Bertuzzi exagerrating way past any limits of good sense. Why didn't Jeff Beukeboom sue for a zillion dollars when he got suckered from behind? His career was over. How about the guy that Eric Godard punched this year?
Lack of premediation?
He didn't get hurt, but maybe his parents suffered "emotional trauma" watching on TV. Honestly, the people on here don't even sound like hockey fans, it's the kind of nonsense I'd expect to hear from an American news show where they don't have a clue, and just want to create a huge story out of nothing. And one more thing: Bertuzzi has shown more "moral courage" since the incident than Steve Moore has.
Yeah standing up and bucking the status quo of those who want him to disapear quietly, taking on the caste system in the sport, enduring public villification that takes more guts than bertuzzi's ever shown in his misbegotten carrer.
Don't let your self-righteous hatred for Bertuzzi blind you like it has so many others.
eyes are wdie open.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
kingpest19 said:
When will you realize this isnt just about income? Have you ever heard of pain and suffering? Guy had a fractured neck and is still to this day suffering from PCS. Noone is saying that he would have made 15 over the course of his career except those ripping him. Its a lawsuit you START high and settle from there. Its a basic act in a lawsuit. Realize that his career is over and he could have PCS symptoms for quite some time. Thats why the dollar amount to START with is so high.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. :clap:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
One other point about the amount Moore is asking for...

Many here are saying there is no way Moore would have earned $15 million over his career. From what I've seen, courts tend to award higher dollar amounts than one might expect when it comes to loss of earnings over a career. I've seen judges award more than the plaintiff was asking for. It happens. (I hope it happens in this case.) :teach:

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
KrisKing said:
I'm sure he'll be very proud of himself when he's rich and Bertuzzi is broke all because of a single suckerpunch that moore wasn't man enough to turn around and face.

It's too bad that the real Kris King doesn't know that you're posting crap like this using his name for your screen name.

On the other hand, it must be nice to be an expert on how "man enough" various NHL hockey players are. Can we see your complete list, please?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Doctor No said:
On the other hand, it must be nice to be an expert on how "man enough" various NHL hockey players are. Can we see your complete list, please?
El moore no es tan macho como Bertuzzi. :propeller

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
KrisKing said:
AdmiralPred said:
Uh, no. A greasy way to make a few million is buying the lopped off finger of an aquaintence and putting it in you fast food chili or claiming injury and pain and suffering when a basketball was lobbed in your direction while attending an NBA game.
Did the guy that Garnett hit with the ball sue now? If so, yes that is much worse.
C'mon, man. Hypothetical there. Although the statute of limitations has a ways to go before it runs out for that fan..... :sarcasm:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Bubba Thudd said:
One other point about the amount Moore is asking for...

Many here are saying there is no way Moore would have earned $15 million over his career.
I don't know how Canadian courts handle it (ask Mr. Hutz), but in the US, when asking for damages, the plaintiff doesn't need an exact formula to determine damages. You make up a number. The higher the better so if you get to settlement talks you have a high starting point. If you win at trial, then real damages are determined. You don't just get awarded whatever you were asking.

Asking for $15 million has nothing to do with expectations for what he'll actually get.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
Bertpu$$y should never have been aloved to play hockey ever again.
Hes a shame to the sport.
Go Moore and get everything you can!!

KrisKing*

Doctor No said:
It's too bad that the real Kris King doesn't know that you're posting crap like this using his name for your screen name.

It doesn't take an expert to be able to tell that steve moore is at the same level of p***yness as the averys and kasparitis's.

I love how being a coward is almost smiled upon in the new nhl.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
KrisKing said:
I love how being a coward is almost smiled upon in the new nhl.

Apropos, Todd Bertuzzi was allowed back into the new NHL without further punishment.

It seems you are absolutely correct in this assessment, KK.

KrisKing*

Resolute said:
Apropos, Todd Bertuzzi was allowed back into the new NHL without further punishment.

It seems you are absolutely correct in this assessment, KK.

But he is still being bitterly ripped on by the geniuses on this site, as if he is the only player to ever do something dirty.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
KrisKing said:
But he is still being bitterly ripped on by the geniuses on this site, as if he is the only player to ever do something dirty.

I've ripped other players - Bertuzzi just happens to be the only one that gets you upset. Hypocrite.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
While I somewhat agree

cbj21 said:
Bertpu$$y should never have been aloved to play hockey ever again.
Hes a shame to the sport.
Go Moore and get everything you can!!

I do believe that Bertuzzi should be allowed to play the game.

I just think that since he's taken that privlage away from another player by his actions, he, the team and Organization should be responsible for compensating Moore for any penny lost due to his now inability to play this game.

Then for the emotional distress that comes along with having something you've worked your whole life towards being snatched away from you due to the cowardice actions by someone else.

A poster here mentions guys that he believes are cowards, but defends the biggest one of all. He attacked Moore from behind, can't get more cowardly than that.

Moore deserves every penny he can extract from those that were involved with this matter.

KrisKing*

Doctor No said:
I've ripped other players - Bertuzzi just happens to be the only one that gets you upset. Hypocrite.

I wasn't referring to just you in particular. I'm not going to patrol the site and tear into you every time you say something negative about a player I like.

My point was that Bertuzzi is villified by people on here and in the media like no other hockey player in history, and the fact is that what he did isn't even close to the worst thing that's ever happened in a hockey game. I mean Kobe Bryant was on trial for raping a girl since the bertuzzi thing happened, and everyone has forgotten about that, but we still harp on a gloved punch?

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
KrisKing said:
I wasn't referring to just you in particular. I'm not going to patrol the site and tear into you every time you say something negative about a player I like.

My point was that Bertuzzi is villified by people on here and in the media like no other hockey player in history, and the fact is that what he did isn't even close to the worst thing that's ever happened in a hockey game. I mean Kobe Bryant was on trial for raping a girl since the bertuzzi thing happened, and everyone has forgotten about that, but we still harp on a gloved punch?

Kobe's alleged actions have no bearing on the sport he played.

It is also, of course, notable that Bertuzzi is a convicted criminal as a result of his actions. Kobe was never convicted of anything.

Quite frankly, I think Bertuzzi and the Canucks organization deserve every bit of vilification they receive over this incident.

Take a look at the Orpik incident a couple nights ago. It was a bad hit. A dirty hit. But it was not premeditated. It was not the result of chasing a player up the ice. It did not follow numerous threats made by other players. It did not follow a seriously whiny rant by a coach.

It was a bad hockey hit, and one for which Orpik will be suspended. The Bertuzzi incident was anything but, and the atmosphere surrounding that assualt played a major role in how the incident is percieved.

The entire situation surrounding the Bertuzzi-Moore incident just stinks, and all of the odor is coming from Vancouver on this one. Yeah, there have been worse actions that have occured on the ice. But I can't think of any off hand that followed two full weeks of threats, and the foaming at the mouth of an entire organization - from the GM down to the fans - all campaigning for blood over a legal hit.

Well, you got the blood you wanted. Now live with the consequences.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
KrisKing said:
we still harp on a gloved punch?

You're choosing your words above to make it look like Bertuzzi barely touched Moore, and that's dishonest on your part.

Bytown

Mar 8, 2003
Another twist there is talks that moore will be sued for 25.5 million.The avs and the canucks are looking at sueing him for slander amoung other things.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Answer me this as well, KK:

Why were the Canucks organization and fans so willing to forgive Bertuzzi, and forget that he deliberately ended another players carreer, yet this same organization and fans cannot bring themselves to forgive Moore for a legal hit on Naslund?

You know what they say about those who live in glass houses...

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
jaydog2005 said:
Another twist there is talks that moore will be sued for 25.5 million.The avs and the canucks are looking at sueing him for slander amoung other things.

1. Would love to see a source.
2. On what grounds would the Canucks have the right to sue for slander?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
KrisKing said:

Kobe forgoten? Go to the next Nuggets Lakers game and you tell me.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
jaydog2005 said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

There really are not enough hysterical laughing smiley's to do this post justice! Where did you come accross such a ridiculous idea....Oh, nevermind, Canucks.com, right?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
bling said:

There really are not enough hysterical laughing smiley's to do this post justice! Where did you come accross such a ridiculous idea....Oh, nevermind, Canucks.com, right?

C'mon if there's something that isn't a nuisance lawsuit it's slander and libel. :sarcasm:

See that's what Moore should sue over, not assualt and personal injury.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
jaydog2005 said:

What sort of "talks"? You and your pals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad