Giancarlo Stanton Trade Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm officially putting my money on the Cards.

Just feels like they wanna make a huge splash and shake things up - the NL central is wide open so why not. They have the prospect capital and an owner who will pay Stanton's salary.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
He probably wants to be a Yankee. The Yankees will get him for pennies on the dollar and make the Marlins pay for it
Not sure about that, Cashman said he didn’t want to spend. Interesting that there’s no mention of the Giants, would he really rather be on a team trending down vs a team like Boston?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
California kid. He gets to pick his team since he has the no trade clause. Wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go out to the west coast if he leaves Florida.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

Bellinger-Stanton are gonna break some records involving Ks and HRs.

If it happens, mother of god.....

If he really isn't too hot on Boston or St. Louis then it seems a little more plausible. And if that Dodger pit of money is still as bottomless as ever, then it stands to reason they have the ability to take on the entire Stanton contract with no retention from Miami. I'm sure they're not the only ones who could do it, but that's gotta be pretty attractive to a new ownership group.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
dodgers definitely have the farm system to do it

but i still have a feeling the red sox will give up the entire farm to get him

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I would like him to get traded to the Dodgers, because we could get Walker Buehler RHP (#11 Top Prospect), Yasiel Puig OF, and maybe Yadier Alvarez (#45 Top Prospect). If that's too much, just remove Puig, or Alvarez, but I really want Buehler.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I've been saying it all along, Marlins are going to be severly disappointed with the return. There's simply too much money to take on and they are trying to shed money which means they aren't going to retain. He's essentially a cap dump.

Not a good look for Jeter and the FO to dump the face of the franchise, but their hands are essentially tied by the previous owner, Loria and his crew, one of the worst baseball executives in recent memory.

Also, Stanton controls the destination, he has a full NTC and can veto any trade he wants too.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I would like him to get traded to the Dodgers, because we could get Walker Buehler RHP (#11 Top Prospect), Yasiel Puig OF, and maybe Yadier Alvarez (#45 Top Prospect). If that's too much, just remove Puig, or Alvarez, but I really want Buehler.

Buehler is as close to untouchable as one could get in the realm of Dodgers' prospects. He's not being included unless the Marlins eat a huge portion of the contract considering the Dodgers are pretty intent on resetting the luxury tax penalty.

Edit: and you wouldn't also be getting Puig and Alvarez. As one of the above posters said, I have a feeling the Marlins are not going to get anywhere near the return on Stanton they think they might.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Apparently he will veto a trade to either the Cardinals or BoSox.

Interesting since those are usually big target destinations...

Report: Stanton will veto BoSox, Cards trades - Article - TSN

St Louis I'm confused by but I totally get why he wouldn't want to play on the ShitSox. As soon as he struggles the media will blast him and say he's not worth the money/prospects etc etc.... plus they haven't exactly been great in the post-season the last 4 years.

Bellinger-Stanton are gonna break some records involving Ks and HRs.

Dodgers are an ideal destination. Loads of prospects, ownership wants to spend/win, arguably the best management team in the MLB, great players manager.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
giants: we have no prospects or good young players but we'll let you hang out with bumgarner and go dirtbiking.

"giants are favorites in stanton sweepstakes!"

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
giants: we have no prospects or good young players but we'll let you hang out with bumgarner and go dirtbiking.

Yeah, like Jesus, who could they possibly trade that would move the needle even a little bit for Miami? They are what, like a bottom 5 team when it comes to their farm? Better than Miami I guess, but still, this makes no sense.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Stanton comes with a 300,000,000 price tag and despite how good a player he is, there's still very little trade value there because of that.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I just dont see how the Dodgers would sit on their hands while the NL MVP moved to a division rival (knowing he will be there for the next 10+ years).

I know they trust what they have built so far, and would prefer not to waste the money even if they have it, but Stanton going to the Giants seems like it might actually jumpstart the giants back into contention, bad prospect pool or no.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I just dont see how the Dodgers would sit on their hands while the NL MVP moved to a division rival (knowing he will be there for the next 10+ years).

I know they trust what they have built so far, and would prefer not to waste the money even if they have it, but Stanton going to the Giants seems like it might actually jumpstart the giants back into contention, bad prospect pool or no.

You'd be amazed. I have no confidence in the Dodgers making the big splash moves. They're more willing to dumpster dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad