Giancarlo Stanton Trade Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Looks like it'll be Castro and non-top prospects.

Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less at this point. The Yankees know how to leverage a situation for max value and the Marlins are a ****ing joke, as usual. Must be nice to root for a big-market organization that actually pays for the best players and doesn't even overpay. I wouldn't know as a Mets fan.

If the Yankees get Stanton they won't have money for Harper or Machado. Whatever money there's left it'll go towards pitching.

They don't even need Harper at this point, Stanton's their Harper now. Heck they didn't even really need Stanton or Harper but when Cashman can get a 50% sale off at Dolce and Gabanna he jumps on it the way he should.

They don't need to go UFA, they'll just rob someone else blind in a trade and fill in the rest with their own top prospects.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less at this point. The Yankees know how to leverage a situation for max value and the Marlins are a ****ing joke, as usual. Must be nice to root for a big-market organization that actually pays for the best players and doesn't even overpay. I wouldn't know as a Mets fan.

It's cyclical. While the Yankees were in their dry-spell recently, the Mets made the playoffs and won a pennant.

Reactions: Voight

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's cyclical. While the Yankees were in their dry-spell recently, the Mets made the playoffs and won a pennant.

lol dry spell...the Yankees haven't had a losing season in 25 years. I'd love it where 85-win seasons qualify as a dry spell. For us 85 win seasons are the exception...2-3 years as a contender is all we get before another 8-10 of irrelevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad