Giancarlo Stanton Trade Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If you don't think he's likely to be traded, you guys aren't paying attention. He definitely does not want to be there anymore, the Marlins will not win in their situation, they desperately need to restock the pool, and his value is higher than ever.

that doesnt mean 100% they trading him

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That comment by Stanton sounds like "we need to spend and bring some players in" and not "I'm outta here"

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
There's been chatter all season about Stanton moving and how new ownership wants to cut costs. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's moved.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Never said that. I said likely.
You very clearly said that it is "100% likely he is moved". The Marlins were in the race for a brief period of time, if the new ownership chooses to invest more money in the team, they won't be far off as contenders.

It sounds like he only wants out if they do a full blown rebuild and trade guys like Yelich, Ozuna, Bour, etc. Not "I want out now".

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
i don't know how the hell they are going to move him without taking on at least half that money.

Why? For one, you have him locked up until he's 38, you have all of his prime years (unless he opts out in 2020 when he's 31). The per year value is a little more than Cano, its less than Miggy and you have him at a reasonable price for a couple years while similar players will be getting 30-40 million.

Plus he had his best season of his career and that was on a garbage team.

There's been chatter all season about Stanton moving and how new ownership wants to cut costs. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's moved.

The Marlins have 300 million in debt, which is less than his total contract so I'm not surprised.

Ellsbury, C.Frazier, Adams, Montgomery and Bird

For Stanton

Imagine the Yanks did this and sign Harper next summer.... Stanton-Judge-Harper in the outfield then throw Sanchez in when they go to bat...... Jesus Christ.

Something like this deal would work, instead of eating the money they'd just have to take on a lesser contract like Ellsbury's.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This fanbase has been brutalized for a loooooong time now.
And here we are, staying down the barrel of another fire sale. I know for a fact some fans have already said they are thinking about switching allegiances. Can't blame them really. I'll stay, but it's going to be real real tough times ahead with another fire sale. Won't watch nearly as many games.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
While he obviously upgrades the Phillies, their outfield looks promising with Williams, Altherr, and Odubel. Plus I wouldnt give up Nola and Hoskins for him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
While he obviously upgrades the Phillies, their outfield looks promising with Williams, Altherr, and Odubel. Plus I wouldnt give up Nola and Hoskins for him.

He also said he wants to win and is tired of losing... so Phillies wouldn't make sense.

& I doubt the Marlins would send him to a divisional rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad