GDT: Germany vs Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDevils3

Jul 3, 2005
Long Beach, NY
devsjunkie said:
He wasn't on the bench at game's end.
Of course the commentators didn't notice it.
Hopefully nothing serious!

I noticed that too. Had to rewind that hand-shake line like six times to make sure he wasn't out there.

I love that the announcers pointed out that Olesh was playing without pointing out the fact that Patty wasn't out there. So stupid.

Even if it's not serious, I'd rather Patty just sit the rest of this tourney out. Nothing would end the Devs season any quicker than Patty getting hurt. (Besides Marty of course :) )

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
Pathfinder said:
I think the loss of the #1 goaltender on any NHL team is pretty much a farewell to a cup run.

Yeah, when Fuhr broke his leg in 1989-90 and the Oilers had to go with that kid Ranford, that was pretty much ended their chances of... oh, wait.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
moneyp said:
Yeah, when Fuhr broke his leg in 1989-90 and the Oilers had to go with that kid Ranford, that was pretty much ended their chances of... oh, wait.

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, thanks for pointing that out :shakehead

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Few remarks on the game:

1 - Hasek didn't look good when he went off, you could see his head twitch back when he made the save that aggrevated his groin

2 - Zidlicky had an awful game... Awful for his standards, at least

3 - Einsfestival's TV commentator guy sucks... Takes him like 5 seconds to call a goal...

4 - If Germany had Sturm and Hecht, and were still this disciplined, they would have a team that could surprise Finland/Czechs.... This way, I think this was their chance

5 - Dan Marouelli didn't have himself a great game

6 - I need help on this one... Are international rules different from NHL's (and I'm from Europe), cos... Cajanek was brought down on the breakaway, yet Hejduk took the shot

7 - Bulis had a good game... Pity he can't finish... Don't think he'll be scoring 4 again anytime soon :D

devsjunkie

Dec 22, 2005
Chilltown, N.J.
MissionHockey said:
It crossed my mind that they might have been trying to keep him fresh, but the game was not undecided.
Yeah, I thought that too ... until he wasn't on the bench at game's end. And the benched looked kind of 'airy' during the third.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Corto said:
Few remarks on the game:

6 - I need help on this one... Are international rules different from NHL's (and I'm from Europe), cos... Cajanek was brought down on the breakaway, yet Hejduk took the shot

7 - Bulis had a good game... Pity he can't finish... Don't think he'll be scoring 4 again anytime soon :D

6. When a penalty shot is awarded, I believe anyone who is on the ice can take it.

7. I love Jan but his finishing ability is sometimes lacking. But he's fun to watch. :D

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Corto said:
Few remarks on the game:

1 - Hasek didn't look good when he went off, you could see his head twitch back when he made the save that aggrevated his groin

2 - Zidlicky had an awful game... Awful for his standards, at least

3 - Einsfestival's TV commentator guy sucks... Takes him like 5 seconds to call a goal...

4 - If Germany had Sturm and Hecht, and were still this disciplined, they would have a team that could surprise Finland/Czechs.... This way, I think this was their chance

5 - Dan Marouelli didn't have himself a great game

yes, team decides who takes the shot. apparently jagr didn't want to, b/c kolzig knows his shots. even so........it's jagr.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
BTW, I still don't get why Olesz is in Turin and not Kotalik or Sykora.

(yes, yes... I know, Sykora wasn't really doing great at the time the team was named, but Kotalik?? Especially since he's improved his defense and forechecking)

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Corto said:

Sounds like a typical post on a Habs GDT.

Bulis has pretty good skills other than his hands. He has great wheels that has the potential to create havoc for teams, has an outstanding workrate, and is solid defensively. I just wish he had hands, so he could bury more of his chances. It was certainly nice to see him play at the Olympics though. At the time of the selection, I was extremely surprised he made the team, but I'm glad to see him there.

OilerOlli*

MAF said:
ZDF is showing soccer...UEFA cup...Oh-My-God

But einsfestival is showing Russia vs. Slovakia. Without D-Box it would be a dissaponting Olympia.
You simply cant count on ARD, ZDF or Eurosport!

OilerOlli*

jadeddog said:
i couldnt watch the game.... how did hemsky look? and what line was he playing on?

To be honest, I didn't noticed him that much. One good oportunity by him in PP where his pass not came to his man, where he had a good scoring chance by himself. Think you saw that often in edmonton this year, also it's not always the better option to shoot instead to pass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad