German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Hmmm Phillip doesn't really do anything from the wing but pretty effective when he's like a second striker more centrally.

tbh Reus doesn't do much from the wing either. His best dribbles and creative scenes come in more central areas. It has worked very well for Dortmund in recent years to build up with one wider winger and to have an inverted winger cut in on the other side when the ball gets into a dangerous position. Schürrle, Reus, and Philipp are all that kind of player.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Weigl is so good. We missed his presence in the team.

I agree about the Philipp comment, but he's effective. Can't complain with a player who puts the ball in the net.

Gladbach has not come to play. Completely sitting in, I expected more of them.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Ginter :laugh:

Time to sub out players who need rest for Madrid.

He has 2 goals and an assist, so he's doing a great job, but he's not Messi'ing through the defense. He's taking his opportunities, he's not going to lead a match in touches.

Yep. They're not solo goals at all but the first was a really difficult finish that he did flawlessly; second was a nice shot; the assist was a clever run that he passed to Aubameyang. Not dominant other than those scenes, but that's more than enough.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think if you can upgrade Gotze to Yarmolenko then that's better but you'd probably have to shift around Phillip and Pulisic's positioning.

No, I don't think so. Still think Philipp sits. Its a really deep midfield and attack though. I think its better than Bayern's, so as long as we can keep up defensively, there should be a chance to challenge Bayern.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I wouldn't describe a defense allowing one goal in 6 matches "shaky". Maybe less than impenetrable, but shaky is a bit harsh.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I was just wondering if we were going to see Bartra today. I guess he won't be fit to start vs. Madrid. :( They will need to play differently midweek. This slow and high back line will be eaten up by Madrid's athletic forwards, even if they generate a lot of chances the other way too.

I half expect Sahin and Castro back despite how good Weigl and Dahoud were today.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Told y'all we should've rotated the squad even than this today.

Gladbach didn't even come to play.

IDK. It's unclear right now which of the midfielders and forwards are indispensable or Bosz's first choice right now besides Aubameyang, and there are practically no fully fit options to rotate in the back line.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wow, how shocking is that lads? BVB changes their manager to one with decent skillz and they destroy Monchangladbach and are top of the table. Gotta give a lot of credit to Bosz, he's making them relevant again. I wonder if he used Trump's marketing of "Lets make BVB great again" to get his players pumped. :sarcasm:

Lol at Ancelotti and the constant overrating he gets here. It's beyond insanity. But at least I can go back to the Top Manager #1 thread and keep on laughing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Looks like a good thing I couldn't watch the second half lol

BMG has too much elegance to play the way Hecking is lining them up against the top teams. Defending deeply is one thing, but defending deeply and just launching lightening counters sedes far too many opportunities to good teams. They need to control the midfield more when they have the ball. Even with Benes injured they have the personnel to flow through any midfield, but it would require Hecking getting wild with his formations and playing Zakaria behind Cuisance & Kramer. Be it between a back 4 & an attacking trident, or in front of a back three with Raffael/Hazard - Stindl/Hazard in front of them.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Wow, how shocking is that lads? BVB changes their manager to one with decent skillz and they destroy Monchangladbach and are top of the table. Gotta give a lot of credit to Bosz, he's making them relevant again. I wonder if he used Trump's marketing of "Lets make BVB great again" to get his players pumped. :sarcasm:

Oh boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad