WC: General Talk '12 — Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Gotta say... HDTVPlayer ftw. No ads, no buffering, no Saukkonen.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Haven't seen him much this year have you?

Filppula 11-12 is different from 06-11 Filppula. As a winger he has been shooting from all positions.

Maybe 20-25 games and the playoffs.

To me he's been a pass first guy in those games. He shoots if he has a great chance but that's it imo. Maybe my he's old habits have blinded my vision :shakehead.

Looked up his stats.

2007-08 gp 78 s 122
2008-09 gp 80 s 129
2009-10 gp 55 s 114
2010-11 gp 71 s 115
2011-12 gp 81 s 144

He's sog have increased slightly from last year, but he's had more toi and pp time. Fil's sog rate was pretty much the same 32 years ago but he had about the same toi and pp time as this year.

He was ranked 69th on goals but 173rd on sog.

Btw, Fil had only 1 sog :(. Didn't see the game so can't say anything about his performance. But who cares. We won.

edit. Of course that doesn't include blocked/missed shots but this is just my (limited) impression. And many DRW fans have told me so, too.

Last edited:

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
With Selänne and others declining I guess there was room for some surprises on the squad. So how did Breivik look out there today, this could be a real cinderella story :sarcasm:

Mara

May 10, 2011
With Selänne and others declining I guess there was room for some surprises on the squad. So how did Breivik look out there today, this could be a real cinderella story :sarcasm:

He and his pal, triple murderer Nikita Fouganthine, looked like they were having fun.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu

Was that really in the Swedish news too?!

(I was shocked that they bothered to make a headline of that in here.... but hey clicks is profit! (" SHOCK: BREIVIK PART OF THE HOCKEY CHAMPIONSHIPS")

Last edited:

Ville82

May 31, 2011
Jokinen what the hell are you doing there???

Gotta say... HDTVPlayer ftw. No ads, no buffering, no Saukkonen.

+1 but Mertaranta is **** too. Those jokes god why wont he just shut the **** up!

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Of course it's in the Swedish news. How can they screw up so bad and get Breivik's pic in there? Where were Bin Laden's and Hussein's pics?

Jere26

Jul 12, 2011
Well, maybe a possible injury was the reason for that mediocre performance by JJ yesterday.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Well, maybe a possible injury was the reason for that mediocre performance by JJ yesterday.

I don't think so. Didn't he get injured later into the third period, and missed a couple of shifts when Pyörälä played in the first line?

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
JJ out...Kiiskinen in. (at least in practise)

Info from Canal+ 24/7

JJ might have injury.

Judging by last game, I guess it's a head injury, affecting his eye-hand coordination.

So what line did Kiiskinen play in? Him on the first line could be a good idea.

Ville82

May 31, 2011
Komarov in the 1st line, Kiiskinen in the 2nd and Pesonen somewhere if JJ is out.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Damn Jesse Joensuu has street cred look...he looks like he had a nakkikiskafight yesterday. 3 stiches on the side of eye plus bloody eye and nose.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Judging by last game, I guess it's a head injury, affecting his eye-hand coordination.

So what line did Kiiskinen play in? Him on the first line could be a good idea.

According to Leijonatreenit Live he played in Koivu Line

Edit:
They played well together in EHT so its probably good that way

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
1288466854142.jpeg

Bloody Mary

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Filppula - Koivu - Kiiskinen looks curious.

Though according to our master's voice, it's for this practice only. Jokinen plays vs. Slovakia. No line changes, save for Vehanen in net.

I think their goalie plan goes like this...

FIN-SVK - Vehanen
FIN-SUI - Lehtonen
FIN-FRA - Vehanen
FIN-CAN - Lehtonen
FIN-USA - Lehtonen
FIN-KAZ - Vehanen

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I just want some 'fat' guy in front of the net for the PP. Make special lines with Komarov/Joensuu for one of the top lines or maybe even for both...

What's up with the coats of the media people at Sweden's side :). Even Juti's & Saukkonen's orange hockey night jackets looked better. I get the feeling it's 1960 and they are from some eastern European country/North-Korea every time i see them with their coats.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Im liking Jalonen more and more, im glad to see he wants to mix things up right away. Leaving Pesonen is absolutely the right move. He cant finish and slows that 2nd line down.

I hope we see more of that Koivu&Granlund magic. So far 3 shifts in this tournament and every time something happened.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Im liking Jalonen more and more, im glad to see he wants to mix things up right away.
Err, what? Yes, Kiiskinen replaced Jokinen in practice. Otherwise the lines stayed the same.

Also, Jalonen said that if Jokinen plays tomorrow, the lines will likely stay unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad