Speculation: General roster discussion, trade speculation etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Which of the others does he pass? He makes a good first pass, but it doesn't translate to putting the puck in the net at the other end of the ice - and that is for his entire career, not just so far this year.

The only test that matters for me when it comes to his role on this team and that's the ability to get the puck out of his zone on the third pairing on a regular basis and help contribute to their possession game instead of having a 3rd pairing come out and be stapled to their zone for 95% of their shifts. I'm not worried about the counting stats of a 3rd pairing d-man with 2nd PP unit shifts. That's not important to me. That all will come when the forwards start converting on their scoring attempts which they are getting. The fact that he's a positive possession player with Dillon and mostly 3rd line or 4th line forwards is a huge improvement from what they had last year with Polak. Dillon and Polak were negative possession players and Schlemko turns Dillon into a positive possession player.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm also getting a "rift in the locker room" vibe. Who knows, could be nothing though.

I'm guessing that the debate between Schlemko and Braun in terms of draft protection is over though.

It should never have been a real debate. Braun is more proven at a higher level.

Jul 10, 2010
sounds to me like he was being disciplined, and rather than turn it into a media circus he kept his mouth shut which i appreciate.

If hes scratched next game, there may be something here but right now id say its nothing

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
How are you getting that vibe? You don't know these guys, no? Has anything really been said

Schlemko coming close to tearing up over one healthy scratch while both give purposefully vague answers to the media doesn't say anything at all to you?

Obviously something else is happening here.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The Schlemko issue will be forgotten once he plays tomorrow. Till then, people will assume the worst.

One scratch (healthy or otherwise) is nothing to be worried about. However, if this turns into a Nieto like situation, yeah, I will be worried then.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Y'all can rest easy.

PFFFTT, I am going to be up ALL night worrying about this!! I mean, good god, when the most elite player on earth is scratched with no explanation.... oh wait. I forgot. I don't actually care.

Honestly I figured they were just trying to get DeMelo gametime, sounds more like he pissed the coach off some how, it happens.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
PFFFTT, I am going to be up ALL night worrying about this!! I mean, good god, when the most elite player on earth is scratched with no explanation.... oh wait. I forgot. I don't actually care.

Honestly I figured they were just trying to get DeMelo gametime, sounds more like he pissed the coach off some how, it happens.

David Schlemko was the real coworker all along

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Meier and Labanc were last ones off the ice. Good work ethic in both of them.

Labanc shot a hundred pucks from various places on the ice. He is a perfectionist. If he missed one (which he seldom did), he would go retrieve it and shoot it again till he got it in the net. I can see why he has a good shot. He doesn't give up!

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Meier and Labanc were last ones off the ice. Good work ethic in both of them.

Labanc shot a hundred pucks from various places on the ice. He is a perfectionist. If he missed one (which he seldom did), he would go retrieve it and shoot it again till he got it in the net. I can see why he has a good shot. He doesn't give up!

awesome. good to hear this kind of thing, goalscoring is so important in today's game. well it's always been important but it's harder than ever IMO so each goal means more.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Why am I not surprised it's you that posted this? :rolleyes:

DeBoer is a pretty good coach. He's not perfect, but in his ONE year here we've gone further than we ever had before.

Some people just can't get over their disliking of another and will make anything they do fit their agenda.

Gotta say I was very pleasantly surprised with the amount of people who came around on DW over the past 2 years. Thought people would hate him forever regardless of what he did.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Some people just can't get over their disliking of another and will make anything they do fit their agenda.

Gotta say I was very pleasantly surprised with the amount of people who came around on DW over the past 2 years. Thought people would hate him forever regardless of what he did.

I have to admit that I was/am wrong about Wilson.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013

I still think he f'd up majorly after the Sharks were reverse swept. I could change my mind but there would have to be a lot of new info for that to happen. I thought he did very well in the summer of 2015 and said so on the boards. I defended him against other posters (mainly fans of other teams) who said he was a bad GM and that the Sharks would not be a good team last season. I don't understand why ppl think that if you criticize someone (even severely) you must hate them or if you praise them (even profusely) you must love them.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I still think he f'd up majorly after the Sharks were reverse swept. I could change my mind but there would have to be a lot of new info for that to happen. I thought he did very well in the summer of 2015 and said so on the boards. I defended him against other posters (mainly fans of other teams) who said he was a bad GM and that the Sharks would not be a good team last season. I don't understand why ppl think that if you criticize someone (even severely) you must hate them or if you praise them (even profusely) you must love them.

He absolutely messed up that season but it was still a matter of what was available to him at the time and that's impossible to say. Everyone knew their left side of the blue line was a weakness and it was never addressed. It was a justifiable criticism. The question was with all the history DW has had, was it in him to see it and fix it. He has a long history of questionable depth acquisitions but he finally got some things right when it comes to depth. The Ward, Martin, Schlemko, and Boedker signings are still good signings from a depth perspective even with Boedker's lack of production thus far. There are still some weird ones now and then like Zubrus, Spaling, and Polak but at least now there's some good ones plus the youth that has stepped in has helped immensely to address those issues as well whether it's Donskoi, Karlsson, or Tierney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad