Speculation: General roster discussion, trade speculation etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I'd say something about kurz writing it but the quotes do give the whole thing an odd tone.

If you asked me to guess I'd say that schlemko wasn't following orders from the bench or something.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I'm also getting a "rift in the locker room" vibe. Who knows, could be nothing though.

I'm guessing that the debate between Schlemko and Braun in terms of draft protection is over though.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Schlemko did play the end of 14-15 and 2 rounds of the play-offs with the Flames. Might have been as simple as going out for a few drinks with the dudes and ending up 15 minutes late to practice. Let's not presume it's a thing until we know it's a thing.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm also getting a "rift in the locker room" vibe. Who knows, could be nothing though.

I'm guessing that the debate between Schlemko and Braun in terms of draft protection is over though.

I was just kidding about the rift thing but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if there was one. Rookies make everybody angry.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Yeah that's not a happy camper.

Did we all expect sunshine and giggles with 6-8 guys that started in the season in the AHL looking ready for duty?

I'm gonna go on a limb and say that DeMelo was probably not too thrilled when Doug signed Schlemko.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

How are you getting that vibe? You don't know these guys, no? Has anything really been said?

Yeah that's not a happy camper.

Did we all expect sunshine and giggles with 6-8 guys that started in the season in the AHL looking ready for duty?

I'm gonna go on a limb and say that DeMelo was probably not too thrilled when Doug signed Schlemko.

Sad day for DeMelo. Although, this is why I can sympathize with GMs; they are managing people, not assets. Sometimes we forget that; competition can bring out the best in people but also the worst. Tough line to straddle.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
If they want to get Demelo some playing time, they could rest old man Martin some time or Dillon who isn't as good as Schlemko. There's honestly not a big gap between Martin, Schlemko, and Dillon at this stage. You can sit any of them and not much would change. Let's hope there's not any unneeded drama.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
If they want to get Demelo some playing time, they could rest old man Martin some time or Dillon who isn't as good as Schlemko. There's honestly not a big gap between Martin, Schlemko, and Dillon at this stage. You can sit any of them and not much would change. Let's hope there's not any unneeded drama.

Dillon, Schlemko, and DeMelo are fairly interchangeable at this point, but I think Martin's recent play has elevated him above the others.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Regardless of his play, I'm sure Martin took note of Ward sitting.

Sitting Schlemko only fans the that fire. It's still a healthy professional dynamic and only benefits the team. Schlemko has only been the first one to make it more visible.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I never appreciated the concept of the cup hangover, but we are seeing it. The WC added too. There are a lot of veterans who have had a slow start to this season - Thornton, Pavelski, Vlascic, Braun, Ward, Martin and even guys like Donskoi. Thankfully some seem to be snapping out of it.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I never appreciated the concept of the cup hangover, but we are seeing it. The WC added too. There are a lot of veterans who have had a slow start to this season - Thornton, Pavelski, Vlascic, Braun, Ward, Martin and even guys like Donskoi. Thankfully some seem to be snapping out of it.

Yet, they are still in first. :)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Dillon, Schlemko, and DeMelo are fairly interchangeable at this point, but I think Martin's recent play has elevated him above the others.

I disagree with this. Schlemko has consistently been the best of the group by a noticeable amount. Schlemko is the reason why Dillon looks better. Martin's recent play is good and his play for the season hasn't been so bad that he should be benched but he's not earning the luxury of not being scratched over Schlemko either. DeMelo is a solid step-in but that's all he is. There isn't really a justifiable reason why Schlemko was scratched when it comes to on-ice play. And to say he's interchangeable with Dillon and DeMelo is doing a disservice to what he's done on the ice thus far. He's a good player that is shoring up a huge chink in the armor of this team last year which was 3rd pairing PMD capability.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I disagree with this. Schlemko has consistently been the best of the group by a noticeable amount.

By what measure? He passes the eye test but fails all the others. He and Tierney are brothers from another mother.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
He fails all the others? How do you come to that conclusion?

Which of the others does he pass? He makes a good first pass, but it doesn't translate to putting the puck in the net at the other end of the ice - and that is for his entire career, not just so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad