General Preds Talk Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ill be honest Id rather have nobody than someone who doesn't want to be here doing a job they dont want to do.

That said, I can't imagine that the main newspaper in town won't assign a beat reporter to one of the two major league sports teams in town

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I imagine the Associated Press os the new beat reporter and the bloggers will be the source of news.

This day and age, the Preds release everything on their own. Wasn't like Coop was gonna scoop anything.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Worst beat writer ever? He covered the bachelor more than the Predators. His insight was horrendous, and his hockey knowledge, lacking.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
I ignored most of Cooper's personal agenda tweets and Bachelor recaps for a while, but it always irked me that the guy that is the credentialed "beat writer" for the team didn't have as much information or write as many articles or columns about game days as the other Pred's bloggers and even some of the posters on this forum. Now I have no problem with Josh as a person and from what I understand he was a great guy to be around and was a good comrade to sit by in the pressbox, but I expected more than that from the guy the team gives "special access" and "inside scoops" to. I wish him the best of luck in whatever he decides to do next, in whatever city that is in, but I am happy with the change.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville

might be the best news of the entire off-season...

i wonder who will replace him. I know they were cutting 15% of their positions but you would think they would have someone to cover the team.

j.r. Lind @jrlind

the tennessean has not offered a position to predators beat reporter josh cooper

worst beat writer ever? He covered the bachelor more than the predators. His insight was horrendous, and his hockey knowledge, lacking.

yes yes yes i am so happy! He made me so angry constantly with his low iq and bachelor talk!!! Ahhhh yes!

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I found it a couple of years ago and had to download it,as i loved it!

I did run across this part of the Pred's website today that lists the in-game songs that they use. (or at least most of them)
http://predators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=83782

The second period begins with "300 Violin Orchestra" by Jorge Quintero

The third period begins with "Enter the Machine" by Arch Enemy

It has been that way for a few seasons for sure.

OMG, hearing those instantly made my mind feel like I was in the arena. Now I'm ready!

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
Watch out NHL,James Neal and Shea Weber are standing next to each other an informal practice http
1409865651000-NAS-SIG%20PREDATORS%200905-001.JPG

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
critiquing a guys work is one thing, but it is pathetic to cheer when someone loses a job. pathetic. An embarrassment.

bullspit.

guy goes on a nationwide hockey radio broadcast and says he doesn't want to be here he'd rather be somewhere else. He obviously had one foot out the door anyway. Bon freaking voyage.

unless of course you were talking about Trotz not Cooper.. :sarcasm:

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Sorry I don't want a beat writer who has publicly stated that he would rather be somewhere else.. He also asks stupid questions, talks about the bachelor non stop, and truly doesn't know much about the sport. There are plenty of Preds fans/writers that are out there who could and would do a much much better job than him. And they deserve that opportunity. Cooper never took his job seriously. Him being the Preds beat writer was an embarrassment. So good riddance

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
bullspit.

guy goes on a nationwide hockey radio broadcast and says he doesn't want to be here he'd rather be somewhere else. He obviously had one foot out the door anyway. Bon freaking voyage.

unless of course you were talking about Trotz not Cooper.. :sarcasm:

Exactly

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Sorry I don't want a beat writer who has publicly stated that he would rather be somewhere else.. He also asks stupid questions, talks about the bachelor non stop, and truly doesn't know much about the sport. There are plenty of Preds fans/writers that are out there who could and would do a much much better job than him. And they deserve that opportunity. Cooper never took his job seriously. Him being the Preds beat writer was an embarrassment. So good riddance

I second everything you just said. Everytime I watched a video of a player talking to the press and I hear Cooper's voice/question, I cringe so hard. I felt like a 10 year old could have came up with better insight at points

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Jokinen and Ribeiro spent time with fans and with their own kids at the Nashville Zoo as part of the zoo's Nashville Predators Day.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729788

Good stuff. Ribeiro's issues last season seemed to stem from a lot of turmoil within his family. They picked Nashville because of its family-friendly atmosphere, and stuff like this could really reinforce that in the minds of him and his wife. Wishing all the best for him. Exorcizing demons can be a hell of a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad