OT: General OT Thread #42: The Answer to the Ultimate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Definitely!

Just so I am clear, Lowertown is somewhere around Union Depot and CHS Stadium?
Yup, that's the general area, going a little farther west, though I'm not sure what the boundary is.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I thought you lived in random places around the world? :laugh:

I work in Lowertown. Definitely like it.

I got home 3 weeks ago from a long trip where I was out of the country like 13 of 14 weeks since June, (Romania, Scotland, Amsterdam, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, London, Sweden, Germany, Portugal and London again) so I could sell my house and buy this new condo. Took on a new project that will have me stateside a little more it appears. And I am tired of all the travel, hotel rooms and airplanes. I have flown 275,000 miles this year, it wears even thus 26 year old out.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
But... Indoor rollercoasters! ;)
That was crazy lol.

Currently in Minneapolis. I actually like this city more than St. Paul, I feel like the downtown area has more to offer. I like St. Paul as well, don't get me wrong.

Reactions: gphr513

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Mall of America is way too big. My poor wallet and my poor legs.
Locals don't go there much these days lol
I haven't been there myself in like 5 years, and I work like two blocks away from it! :laugh:

That was crazy lol.

Currently in Minneapolis. I actually like this city more than St. Paul, I feel like the downtown area has more to offer. I like St. Paul as well, don't get me wrong.
St Paul has charm, Minneapolis has everything else. :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lapa

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I prefer St. Paul when it comes to downtown as I like the size and it feels cleaner to me in MOST places. MSP has more to it, no doubt but I prefer the quiter part of town.
If I lived here I could see St Paul being nicer.

For a visitor, Minneapolis feels more convenient.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Pazzaluna was probably the best restaurant I've been to in my life.

Also, there was Price, Weber and a bunch of Habs players sitting at a table right next to us.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Edinburgh is awesome! London was cool, but this city is sweet. So much interesting architecture and history. We toured the Castle of Edinburgh too, which was fascinating. We have two more days to explore this city, I'm excited to see more of it!

Reactions: FVM and Lapa

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Last night in St Paul, long flight home tomorrow.

Absolutely loved the Twin Cities, highly recommend for anyone thinking of visiting. Thanks for all the tips on what to see and do, hopefully next time I'll have time to meet some of the local HFWild posters!

It was also cool to see some Habs players live. As I wrote this, Joel Quenneville walked into our hotel bar we are sitting in and took some photos with the fans.

Also, I'lll miss Surly Furious. You guys have an amazing beer selection :laugh:

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Absolutely loved the Twin Cities, highly recommend for anyone thinking of visiting. Thanks for all the tips on what to see and do, hopefully next time I'll have time to meet some of the local HFWild posters!

It was also cool to see some Habs players live. As I wrote this, Joel Quenneville walked into our hotel bar we are sitting in and took some photos with the fans.

Glad you enjoyed your trip, and at least got 1 good game out of two!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Did you keep the orange hat? :sarcasm:
I really wanted to throw it on a hat trick, but that wasn't even close to happening. :laugh:

Speaking of which, I've never witnessed a Wild hat trick live. How many people throw them down from the upper deck?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

I'm flying back from Edinburgh tomorrow. I'll wave as we pass by each other over the Atlantic! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad