Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
would watch

21077687_10155366931745709_508980516598338159_n.jpg

Stop. I'm still not over that show getting cancelled... and it happened 7 years ago :cry:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
For Hallowe'en I am going to dress as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, then go up to everyone I see in a super hero costume and tell them I want to talk to them about the Avenger Initiative.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
For Hallowe'en I am going to dress as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, then go up to everyone I see in a super hero costume and tell them I want to talk to them about the Avenger Initiative.

I got to go trick or treating at Disney and went as Indiana Jones a few days ago. :D I got a bunch of candy. The best part was there were no lines for Space Mountain, 3 rides in 15 mins (no fastpasses used).

Glad we left last night and didn't have to deal with the incoming hurricane.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I hope the Christmas Goat puts you on his nice list this year, ladies & gents. :D

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
TIL that in Ernest Scared Stupid, the pizzas the tree house gun throws were reused props from TMNT 2, and the troll costumes were repainted clown costumes from Killer Klowns from Outer Space

klowns-1.jpg

klowns-3.jpg

klowns-2.jpg

klowns-4.jpg

scared-stupid.jpg

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I want to line up the people responsible for videos autoplaying on every GD site I go to, and give them all a swift kick to the gonads.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I just had a dream that the NCAA football championship was between Tennessee and Connecticut, but UT was a huge underdog cause their team was all dumb ass, back water hillbillies who were poor as hell, who had terrible facilities and a dead beat alcoholic coach, etc while UConn were all rich snooty kids all had yachts and top of the line everything who were undefeated for like three years.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I just had a dream that the NCAA football championship was between Tennessee and Connecticut, but UT was a huge underdog cause their team was all dumb ass, back water hillbillies who were poor as hell, who had terrible facilities and a dead beat alcoholic coach, etc while UConn were all rich snooty kids all had yachts and top of the line everything who were undefeated for like three years.

Well, who won?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I have not but heard it's really good. Not typically my kind of movie, but maybe I'll see it sometime.

I'm looking forward to seeing American Assassin...interested to see how they turn one of Vince Flynn's books into a film.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I think the only way I will see IT is if I'm tied down to a theater chair with my eyelids stapled open. Definitely not a horror film fan. :laugh:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Trying to watch ..Always Sunny in Philadelphia cannibal episode and eat gravlax at the same time.

It's a chewy combination.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
As much as I'm loving YouTube TV, their DVR function needs work. Like, unless there's a way to do it that I can't see, you can't record just ONE episode of something.

I want to record a 30 For 30 tomorrow night, but I'm pretty sure the only way you can do that is by adding the "show" to your list, and they record it every time it's on TV.

I don't need 20 recordings of random 30 for 30's that ESPN shows every Tuesday night at 3am.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
As much as I'm loving YouTube TV, their DVR function needs work. Like, unless there's a way to do it that I can't see, you can't record just ONE episode of something.

I want to record a 30 For 30 tomorrow night, but I'm pretty sure the only way you can do that is by adding the "show" to your list, and they record it every time it's on TV.

I don't need 20 recordings of random 30 for 30's that ESPN shows every Tuesday night at 3am.

You've got unlimited storage, so I don't think they care about it having a ton of options.

That's the impression I get, anyway.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
How's the interface for navigating your recordings? That's the real question for me. I would be absolutely fine if it recorded every new episode of a given program if it took no time at all to sort through the shows to find the one I wanted to watch.

Xfinity is painfully slow in that regard.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
See that's the thing, they have the DVR organizes by show. One of the shows I recorded was Being PJ Fleck on ESPN. So it records every single airing of it. Like every 2:00am, 2:30am, and 3:00am replay of it on BTN. So you have to sift through all those replays to find the newest one.

It's just unnecessarily cumbersome. At the very least there should be a "only record first run" option.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Saw it. Was not scary at all, CGI was obvious and bad and unnecessary, but it was entertaining for how unexpectedly hilarious it was

Also

I am going to make this my voicemail message, that way no one will ever leave me a voicemail ever again

I never get scared by horror films. Also, most horror films have horrible writing...IT though has spectacular source material! Possibly the best book King has written. Love the book, love the old tv miniseries, and love the new film! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Btw, had surgery on a mild hernia yesterday morning... ugh does it ever suck to have your core muscle group cut open... not so much the pain, just general soreness, weakness and seemingly constant exhaustion.

Getting up from a chair, normally such a simple task, suddenly takes careful planning and deliberate execution.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hope you heal up soon, Talon. Makes me wince just to hear you describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad