OT: General OT Thread #42: The Answer to the Ultimate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I saw it poke out for about 10 seconds a few times. I was only outside for about 10 minutes though. I could actually see it pretty well when there was minimal cloud coverage, but for the 10 seconds or so there was no cloud coverage, it was still blinding without any of the glasses.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I don't know if it was the placebo effect, but it did seem to get dimmer outside when it was happening, but otherwise we weren't able to see much due to the clouds.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't know if it was the placebo effect, but it did seem to get dimmer outside when it was happening, but otherwise we weren't able to see much due to the clouds.

Pretty thick cloud cover that ended up dropping a lot of rain... it was probably in your head.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
A group of friends and I drove from Oklahoma City to central western Nebraska for the eclipse. We were able to find a place without almost any clouds (we're all meteorologists so we were forecasting the whole drive to pick the best spot). It was an amazing experience and definitely worth the drive.

This tweet is from one of the guys in our group that took pictures.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I think I was too far north to really get anything of notice out of it. House kinda looked like it was twilight out for a bit, but outside you could barely tell anything was going on.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
WebEx meetings/conference calls are the worstttttt.

"I ju-"
"I thi-"
"Can yo-"
"Sorry Je-"
"No, go ahe-"
"oh ok I ju-"

Just got off a 3 hour one myself. Being 7,000 miles from the states and 9 hours ahead and having to deal with exactly what you described makes it just a combination of **** and more ****

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I just mute myself until it becomes absolutely necessary for me to speak. Essentially when anyone addresses me by name, lol.

I'll save the proactive interjections for face to face meetings.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
WebEx meetings/conference calls are the worstttttt.

"I ju-"
"I thi-"
"Can yo-"
"Sorry Je-"
"No, go ahe-"
"oh ok I ju-"

We moved from fun with WebEx to Google Hangouts where if two people are unmuted at the same time the feedback makes life unbearable, causing grown ups to act like they are in a convoy, over. Cars can park themselves on the goddamn moon now but phones somehow just get worse and worse. Bell, Edison, I will steal the truck stop burritos right off your graves and not put them back until after I have eaten them.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I just mute myself until it becomes absolutely necessary for me to speak. Essentially when anyone addresses me by name, lol.

I'll save the proactive interjections for face to face meetings.

Oh I'm the same way. Most of mine are with Legal folks so they like to hear themselves talk anyway.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
And now, the 2-year wait for the final season. Hope they don't lose so many subscriptions in the meantime that they have to borrow dragons from old public domain cartoons.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
What?! It better not be two years. :rant:

I heard it's going to be a long time...something about the preliminary thought was Fall 2018 and the early estimates are almost always too optimistic. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't premiere until early 2019 :(

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I heard it's going to be a long time...something about the preliminary thought was Fall 2018 and the early estimates are almost always too optimistic. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't premiere until early 2019 :(

I noticed that during the warm-ups last night when they advertised their entire catalog, they showed all the stuff starting soon with the exact months, then the next season of a bunch of shows listed as "2018", but no time frame whatsoever listed when they showed Game of Thrones. The only one they wouldn't even give a year for.

I don't think the books are even confident in giving a release decade, so there's that, I guess.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
would watch

21077687_10155366931745709_508980516598338159_n.jpg

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

Grrr. [Optimism] Hopefully GRRM finishes book 6 before the final season comes out! [/Optimism]

So not to be the Debby Downer, but has anyone heard from our Houston folks at all?

Yeah jeez, pretty awful down there from the pictures I've seen. Hope our friends down there are able to stay safe. :(

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I moved away from Houston a week ago, just in time for the hurricane (not because of it though).

It's a **** show down there from what I hear. I also hear that my house there isn't flooded though.

That's pretty crazy timing. Good thing you were moving last week and not this week. :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad