Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIX

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Farinacci-Nelson-Duran would’ve been a terrific college line, excited to see what they can do together in the A

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Another game where the P-Bruins were fortunate to get even one point. The offense was non-existent after their second goal. They had 7 shots total over the last 2+ periods. I don't have high hopes for tomorrow's game after a 4.5 hour bus ride tonight. Call me crazy but IMO Lohrei would be a lot more helpful in Providence right now than the press box.
-- Nelson had a decent first game. He had a nice stick lift in the slot to prevent a scoring chance and then rang the post on a wrister.
-- The speed is evident for Duran but it just seems like not much happens when he has the puck on his stick. Also the grit he was known for in college has not shown itself yet.
-- Brunet had a few nice defensive plays but then got his pocket picked behind the net late in the third. He oozes potential but he'll need to continue to clean up his d-zone play if he's ever going to take the next step.
-- Rough night for Callahan.
-- Bussi probably wants to second goal back but otherwise he was really good.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Are we bullish or bearish on Brunet? 20 for the whole season, first year in the A, lots of reports of good flashes, defensemen can take a bit longer to develop.

Do we see top 4? fringe?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Are we bullish or bearish on Brunet? 20 for the whole season, first year in the A, lots of reports of good flashes, defensemen can take a bit longer to develop.

Do we see top 4? fringe?
🐻
But we'll know more next year

Nelson takes? Early comparisons? Skating concerns? Size good?
Watching the game in a few,stand by for hot takes

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It happens every year where they plug many free agents and the team gets out of sync.

Reactions: Kegs

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
That was an ugly performance by Providence
They need more from the younger guys,some have completely disappeared

Nelson comes as advertised, big and rangy ,looks very responsible, hit the crossbar in the first,nice debut

They really miss Lysell, Regula and Walsh

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Team completely ran out of gas in the middle of the second. Schedule-makers definitely a factor.

Separately, I’d be in favor of keeping the Star Wars goal song forever.

Thirdly, Han Solo threw paper in video “rock, paper, scissors” more than anyone should.

Finally, I think the PBs lose in OT or SO at least 80% of the times I go, which is at least ten-fifteen times/year. Is it me? Do I need to stop going for them to win a Calder Cup?

Reactions: Saxon Eric

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Last I heard Lysell was back on the ice but with extreme limitations
Regula is on crutches
Walsh ?
And McIsaac got hurt Friday, hence the reason Mast is up

Providence has 2 weeks or 6 games left plus a probable bye
Can you remind me what kind of game Mast plays. I want to say he's similar to Carlo, low offense and physical but solid defense and decent decision maker with the puck on his stick.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Can you remind me what kind of game Mast plays. I want to say he's similar to Carlo, low offense and physical but solid defense and decent decision maker with the puck on his stick.
He's gonna need a long developmental runway
Moves decent for a large man but is still a bit stiff
Decision making is hit or miss and he still gets moved in front of the net but he's shown signs of improvement ,played mostly 3rd pairing minutes in Maine but I still think his season has been mostly successful

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Just a hockey storey. Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League have first pick in this upcoming draft. They have picked 15 year old Ethan Belchetz first over all. 6'5" 230 pounds. Sounds like prototypical future Bruin. Apparently he blocked out the sun on Monday and it was reported around the world.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Just a hockey storey. Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League have first pick in this upcoming draft. They have picked 15 year old Ethan Belchetz first over all. 6'5" 230 pounds. Sounds like prototypical future Bruin. Apparently he blocked out the sun on Monday and it was reported around the world.
6'5"/230... At FIFTEEN?? Good god damn. That's insane.

Reactions: CDJ and BBruins

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yep God makes some people big. Imagine in 3-4 years

Could go in any way. look at recently signed Jaxon Nelson. He dominated at the 15 year old level because he was so much bigger and stronger than everyone else. Had the draft been at 16 coming off his 70 goal 113 point in 25 games HS season as a sophomore (I think), he might have been a first round guy

Reactions: CDJ and Tbaybruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad