Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
No offense but saying he has no offense(ive) instinct doesn’t have a whole lot of support out there. It’s his 1st year of professional hockey and he’s got a lot to learn for sure but that’s all part of the process they have him in - let’s save the miracles for plan b.
Believe me i hope you are right, really , i saw him play only 3 times, very few, but thoses 3 games he was miles from NHL players, a weak AHL players at thoses moments
Let's see and wish....

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Believe me i hope you are right, really , i saw him play only 3 times, very few, but thoses 3 games he was miles from NHL players, a weak AHL players at thoses moments
Let's see and wish....

Why is it when fans express
Concern about a particular player some fans feel the need to express how wrong your opinion is on the subject. I will be at game Saturday I'm hoping to see an improved Zachery from start of year but this fan remains causiously optimistic.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Czarnik was dominant tonight. Fitz and Lauzon were decent. Senyshyn showed some speed but he needs to learn how to create space for himself (and get to the dangerous areas)to get his shot off, which is pretty decent. Another thing I noticed was that he was always the first guy on his line to change off. That could be conditioning or rookie mentality(nervousness). Just my personal observation. Blidh was good. He got rocked with a vicious check but didn't shrivel the rest of the game. Cehlarek didn't show much tonight but you could tell he has skills.
I hope for the Habs sake that their good prospects are up cause they got nothing down on the farm.
The AHL is full of psychopaths. I was just praying none of these kids would get hurt.
Funny that you're saying that about Seny, because I had the same impression.
It seems like every time I was spotting him on the ice, he proceeded to go back to the bench.
It was almost frustrating. :laugh:
He's got speed, that is obvious. Early in the game, he had a great rush up on the right side and got a shot off the right dot slightly wide on the far side. He could have scored right there.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Czarnik was the best one on the ice. He was everywhere.
Saw a lot of Cave, Hargrove, Agostino, Cross, Szwarz, Czarnik (obviously), and Blidh.
Those must be Leach go-to-guys.

Cehlarik was ok. But there were stretches where he could not be found.
About the same for Fitz.

Loved Blidh's game. He never let up, a real fighter.
He was first star of the game (him or Czarnik, don't remember), and when he came onto the ice for his little parade, he pointed at the crest on his jersey, to please the Bs fans in attendance and/or maybe, to troll Habs fans! Loved it and I let him know!:nod:

Johansson didn't have a great game.
He seemed a bit hesitant and had a few turnovers, with one ending up with the puck in the Bs net.

Lauzon was deployed mainly in a defensive role.
He was there on the PK, but no PP and not much offensive zone starts.
Still, he had 3 shots on goal and hit a post. He's hitting the net.

Good number of Bs gear in the stands, pretty happy to see that. :thumbu:
That's what I saw.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
That outcome would constitute a wasted opportunity at #15 in a stacked 2015 draft.

So bleeping what? We've got a great team and probably blew a draft pick. Can't believe how many of you
guys keep bringing it up. You guys sound exactly like Patriots fans who keep bringing up Belichick
drafting Lawrence Maroney and Chad Jackson in 2006. Last 12 years have been miserable for
Patriots fans:)

Reactions: Tampbear and TCB

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I’ve been saying dan paille is a fair projection since he was drafted and have been criticized for it. I think a speed demon penalty killing fourth liner is valuable. Others felt I was being unnecessarily negative

I do, too. Although I would hope for him to be at LEAST a 3rd liner in the NHL if he's going to stay. Paille didn't find his proper NHL role with his draft team.
It wouldn't be the end of the world if he is a bottom six NHLer as long as he has some productive NHL years and is part of a winning team in Boston. Funny thing about Paille is that he was a first rounder at #20 overall and actually really not a bust at all for the admittedly weaker '02 draft. Finished 20th in his draft class in NHL goals and 28th in points and won a Cup. Only a handful of players from that draft have a better resume--most of the winners are from the second round.

I don't want to veer off topic any further so I will say that this seems like a bit of disappointing year for Senyshyn so far. I would hope that he would get some looks with the talented players like Czarnik.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
So bleeping what? We've got a great team and probably blew a draft pick. Can't believe how many of you
guys keep bringing it up. You guys sound exactly like Patriots fans who keep bringing up Belichick
drafting Lawrence Maroney and Chad Jackson in 2006. Last 12 years have been miserable for
Patriots fans:)

I think it’s fair to both praise and criticize the team you root for based on the decisions they make. Drafting mcavoh, huge praise. Drafting Jordan caron, criticism. If we only talk about the good then there is no accountability for the bad. Taking a big risk on a player is admirable and speaks to a level of trust with your staff. However, when that risk doesn’t pay off, that deserves a second thought. Frederic was another big questionable decision with debrincat on the board. Now I think frederic will be good. But that doesn’t mean that if he isn’t it should be ignored as a topic of discussion. And the thing ill continue to say is,what they need to do since they’ve taken so many players that have been having success is figure out which ones are for real and which ones are mirages. Then sell high on the mirages. For example, and as a hypothetical. If they determined last year senyshyn was playing great but they were concerned about his ability to translate his game to the pros, trade him then, before other teams realize his game doesn’t translate to the pros.

Now it still might and he could turn it around, but if he doesn’t his value continues to take a hit

BruinsNetwork

Take it from someone who watches every single Providence game, a healthy chunk of which are viewed in person, when I say that Senyshyn is fine and most of this criticism is off-base.

He's an AHL-rookie and is tasked with bottom-six assignments next to players who aren't nearly as talented as him. Colby Cave is a good player, but his skill-set is that of a 4th-liner in the NHL. Senyshyn isn't on the PP and rarely sees time in the top-six next to high-end players such as JFK, Cehlarik, Czarnik etc.

Part of the reason why you don't see him get the puck much is because his line-mates are primarily grinders. Senyshyn is usually in great positioning in the offensive-zone, but his teammates just simply can't get the puck to him.

A lot of people are expecting him to be putting up 20-goals this season as a bottom-six player who plays with AHL-players or projected bottom-six NHL-players. Is that really a fair expectation for him? Especially considering where Jay Leach has him in the Providence lineup?

The P-Bruins have a plan for Senyshyn and its working. He gets in on the forecheck and forces defenders to make mistakes because of how fast he is. He's becoming stronger on the puck and is truly working on his 200ft-game, which is exactly what the team wants from him.

They know he can score goals, along with everyone else out there. But how is the 200ft-game? What does he look like away from the puck? What is he doing in the neutral-zone? Is he looking for easy-outs and flying the zone? Or is he swinging low in the defensive-end to create options for his teammates on the outlet? These are all questions that the coaching staff are asking themselves when they see a young, prolific goal-scorer like Senyshyn come their way. Let them do their job and slowly develop him. The Bruins & P-Bruins both have a luxury in being able to take their time with Senyshyn as they have plenty of high-end players to score & contribute now.

Senyshyn had back-to-back 40-goal seasons in the OHL and already justified his position as a top-15 draft pick. Just let him develop and see where he's at next year when he's allowed to play in a top-six role.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Take it from someone who watches every single Providence game, a healthy chunk of which are viewed in person, when I say that Senyshyn is fine and most of this criticism is off-base.

He's an AHL-rookie and is tasked with bottom-six assignments next to players who aren't nearly as talented as him. Colby Cave is a good player, but his skill-set is that of a 4th-liner in the NHL. Senyshyn isn't on the PP and rarely sees time in the top-six next to high-end players such as JFK, Cehlarik, Czarnik etc.

Part of the reason why you don't see him get the puck much is because his line-mates are primarily grinders. Senyshyn is usually in great positioning in the offensive-zone, but his teammates just simply can't get the puck to him.

A lot of people are expecting him to be putting up 20-goals this season as a bottom-six player who plays with AHL-players or projected bottom-six NHL-players. Is that really a fair expectation for him? Especially considering where Jay Leach has him in the Providence lineup?

The P-Bruins have a plan for Senyshyn and its working. He gets in on the forecheck and forces defenders to make mistakes because of how fast he is. He's becoming stronger on the puck and is truly working on his 200ft-game, which is exactly what the team wants from him.

They know he can score goals, along with everyone else out there. But how is the 200ft-game? What does he look like away from the puck? What is he doing in the neutral-zone? Is he looking for easy-outs and flying the zone? Or is he swinging low in the defensive-end to create options for his teammates on the outlet? These are all questions that the coaching staff are asking themselves when they see a young, prolific goal-scorer like Senyshyn come their way. Let them do their job and slowly develop him. The Bruins & P-Bruins both have a luxury in being able to take their time with Senyshyn as they have plenty of high-end players to score & contribute now.

Senyshyn had back-to-back 40-goal seasons in the OHL and already justified his position as a top-15 draft pick. Just let him develop and see where he's at next year when he's allowed to play in a top-six role.

I don’t think he’s already justified his spot in the top 15 and I don’t think the coaching staff is ecstatic with how much he’s contributed. Is he in the bottom 6 to learn the game better or because he’s not good enough for top 6.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I don’t think he’s already justified his spot in the top 15 and I don’t think the coaching staff is ecstatic with how much he’s contributed. Is he in the bottom 6 to learn the game better or because he’s not good enough for top 6.

Check Bruins Network's post history. I think he or she explained a month or so ago that it is to learn the game. I'm not fretting about ZS at this time -- if he ends up a sniper that would be great. If he ends up a useful depth option that can torch other team's bottom six matchups--I'm fine with that, too. Whatever results in Bruins victories. Carlo arrived like a mid-first rounder so the Bruins are doing pretty well with the 2015 draft as of today.

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Check Bruins Network's post history. I think he or she explained a month or so ago that it is to learn the game. I'm not fretting about ZS at this time -- if he ends up a sniper that would be great. If he ends up a useful depth option that can torch other team's bottom six matchups--I'm fine with that, too. Whatever results in Bruins victories. Carlo arrived like a mid-first rounder so the Bruins are doing pretty well with the 2015 draft as of today.

Never said they weren’t. Just said that senyshyn hasn’t been as good as his draft position indicates he should be based off how many talented players were in it. He said he’s validated top 15, and i can name roughly 25 that have validated a high pick over him based off of pro production. He’s in the 2nd-3rd round in a redraft if it were held today (where he was projected to be taken anyways). However, Carlo, debrusk, and maybe jfk/zboril I think are all top 30 in a redraft so they did wellish. I still have hope for senyshyn and have literally quite literally said since he was drafted that he sounds like dan paille. So far he’s been exactly that only he’s still not ready defensively. My guess is he becomes paille, or paajarvi svensson but not until team #2

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

Leach: “Seny’s really been open to everything we’ve talked about. He’s willing to take any sort of role. We started him on the third or fourth line and he’s worked his way up and down the lineup. He’s worked his way onto the power play. There have been nights when he’s been penalty killing. He’s done everything that we’ve asked and he’s done a nice job. In years past I think he’s been more on the outside with wide speed. We’ve tried to get him to get on the inside and he’s completely willing to do so. He’s done a lot and we’re encouraged to see where it goes. Nothing but positives.’’

Earlier in the year from Leach

“What I said to him was there’s going to be times throughout the season, as a young kid, it’s not a bad thing to just watch a game. We talked before the game and we looked at some video to kind of identify where we think he’s at. He’s got plenty of good material,’’ Leach said after Sunday’s game.

“We’re taking the day to kind of hit the reset button and get focused on Wednesday’s game. That can be done because we have so many extra bodies. It wasn’t his best game on Saturday night, but on Friday night he was pretty good.

“I said to him, ‘Does he really need to come out, is it that drastic?’ It’s really not. But it is an opportunity for a young kid to sit back for a day on a three-in-three and just focus on what he is and what he can be for this team. We’ll go into (practice on) Tuesday with that focus.’’

And the 2nd quote is after the healthy scratch. Unless there is another negative quote, I don’t see where Leach is unhappy or less than estatic. Leach also states that Senyshyn started out on the 3rd n 4th line not demoted from the top lines.

Reactions: Thrive and maxbme

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Leach: “Seny’s really been open to everything we’ve talked about. He’s willing to take any sort of role. We started him on the third or fourth line and he’s worked his way up and down the lineup. He’s worked his way onto the power play. There have been nights when he’s been penalty killing. He’s done everything that we’ve asked and he’s done a nice job. In years past I think he’s been more on the outside with wide speed. We’ve tried to get him to get on the inside and he’s completely willing to do so. He’s done a lot and we’re encouraged to see where it goes. Nothing but positives.’’

Earlier in the year from Leach

“What I said to him was there’s going to be times throughout the season, as a young kid, it’s not a bad thing to just watch a game. We talked before the game and we looked at some video to kind of identify where we think he’s at. He’s got plenty of good material,’’ Leach said after Sunday’s game.

“We’re taking the day to kind of hit the reset button and get focused on Wednesday’s game. That can be done because we have so many extra bodies. It wasn’t his best game on Saturday night, but on Friday night he was pretty good.

“I said to him, ‘Does he really need to come out, is it that drastic?’ It’s really not. But it is an opportunity for a young kid to sit back for a day on a three-in-three and just focus on what he is and what he can be for this team. We’ll go into (practice on) Tuesday with that focus.’’

And the 2nd quote is after the healthy scratch. Unless there is another negative quote, I don’t see where Leach is unhappy or less than estatic. Leach also states that Senyshyn started out on the 3rd n 4th line not demoted from the top lines.

I’m willing to accept that quote as truth if you can provide one where leach speaks negatively about one of the bruins picks on the team

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

A month ago after a Bruins game we were going down stairs to see my bud who has a Legends membership and ran into a Bruins employee who sees Senyshyn a lot - I asked him about the team and some of the prospects including Senyshyn

He said he's coming a long very well and a great kid

Reactions: FanSince72

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Why is it when fans express
Concern about a particular player some fans feel the need to express how wrong your opinion is on the subject. I will be at game Saturday I'm hoping to see an improved Zachery from start of year but this fan remains causiously optimistic.
I think exactly like you, if you post a concern or just an observation, some fans jump on you like you shit on the national flag.....

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Never said they weren’t. Just said that senyshyn hasn’t been as good as his draft position indicates he should be based off how many talented players were in it. He said he’s validated top 15, and i can name roughly 25 that have validated a high pick over him based off of pro production. He’s in the 2nd-3rd round in a redraft if it were held today (where he was projected to be taken anyways). However, Carlo, debrusk, and maybe jfk/zboril I think are all top 30 in a redraft so they did wellish. I still have hope for senyshyn and have literally quite literally said since he was drafted that he sounds like dan paille. So far he’s been exactly that only he’s still not ready defensively. My guess is he becomes paille, or paajarvi svensson but not until team #2

He sounded like Paille at the draft? You're losing me. I suppose if he can't score much, ZS may also end up sticking in the NHL chiefly because of speed, but I disagree that he's currently on track to become Paille because Paille was always quite good defensively. That lends itself well to finding a comfy home in the bottom six. It was nothing he needed to learn much about at the pro level. Senyshyn was drafted to score. He will need to undergo more changes than Paille did to truly stick at the NHL level in that role.
Paille was drafted as a 2-way center. He was sent to wing when the Sabres realized he wasn't much of a passer. He went to the lower lines when the Sabres realized he couldn't score regularly. The only thing they really have in common is speed and approximate draft position. There must be other comps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrive

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He sounded like Paille at the draft? You're losing me. If he can't score much, ZS may also end up sticking in the NHL chiefly because of speed, but I disagree that he's currently on track to become Paille because Paille was always quite good defensively. That lends itself well to finding a comfy home in the bottom six. It was nothing he needed to learn much about at the pro level. Paille was drafted as a 2-way center. He was sent to wing when the Sabres realized he wasn't much of a passer. He went to the lower lines when the Sabres realized he couldn't score regularly. The only thing they really have in common is speed and approximate draft position. There must be other comps.

Paajarvi

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
The expression 'jack of all trades, master of none' comes to mind when thinking about the Senyshyn situation.

If he was drafted to be a goalscorer, why is his confidence (potentially) being chipped away on the 3rd and 4th lines? By the time he's rounded out his game, will he have lost his identity? Could he not 'learn the game' whilst also being put in offensive situations?

The coaching staff have obviously sat down and put together the best possible plan for him, so who knows.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
The expression 'jack of all trades, master of none' comes to mind when thinking about the Senyshyn situation.

If he was drafted to be a goalscorer, why is his confidence (potentially) being chipped away on the 3rd and 4th lines? By the time he's rounded out his game, will he have lost his identity? Could he not 'learn the game' whilst also being put in offensive situations?

The coaching staff have obviously sat down and put together the best possible plan for him, so who knows.

Why doesn't Providence develop Senyshyn just to be--or primarily to be--an offense-mind goalscorer? Must he absolutely learn a 200-foot game in order to succeed and for the Bruins to succeed? Phil Kessel, for example, is a goalscorer who doesn't really do defense, and yet the Penguins manage to do very well because other players have a strong defensive game. The Bruins have so many players and prospects that do well at the defensive end of things that I think that Boston can afford to develop Senyshyn so that he becomes a Kessel-lite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad