Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I agree with a few here and I have been saying it since Heinen came up. Kid has the smarts, passing and speed to play center. Usually I get laughed at but maybe it's was right in front of us the whole time. Everything depends on Krech and his recovery for next year and beyond, The kids other then JFK are not ready.

Good to see the P Bruins doing so well and the NJ Devils connection in the coaching ranks is paying dividends.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Really? It's a hell of an accomplishment for a hockey player. Yeah, they may not be good enough to play in the NHL on a regular basis, but the AHL is still a men's professional league and arguably the second best in the world.

Some guys make careers out of being AHL superstars. They are/were one step away from the greatest league in the world. To belittle that as not being an accomplishment is funny. If you're making money playing the sport you love, and are one of the best in one of the best leagues in the world, that is an accomplishment.

It just shows you how truly difficult it is to make it and play in the NHL, and it shows you how insane it is when guys do in the NHL, what those guys do in the AHL; dominate.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He's good...just no room for him on the senior Bs.

I think Czarnik could make a niche in the NHL as a bottom 6 forward in this league. He may be small, but he has the speed. That's usually what holds players back that are tiny...Skilled and smart, but just not fast enough to consistently keep up. He has shown, in his brief NHL stints, glimpses of being able to produce (granted, nothing outrageous, point wise), speed, skill, and two-way ability. He was deployed as a PKer at times as well. If he can do those things, he will play in the NHL somewhere. I don't think there's any chance he does that here though. There are just too many prospects now.

Reactions: Son of Donegal

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Some guys make careers out of being AHL superstars. They are/were one step away from the greatest league in the world. To belittle that as not being an accomplishment is funny. If you're making money playing the sport you love, and are one of the best in one of the best leagues in the world, that is an accomplishment.

It just shows you how truly difficult it is to make it and play in the NHL, and it shows you how insane it is when guys do in the NHL, what those guys do in the AHL; dominate.

same goes for the ECHL, LADIES AND GENTS

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I always reference Jody Gage as my example of a guy who did nothing but put up consistent numbers in the minors who just couldn`t translate that game to the NHL. I`m sure there`s loads of examples but he`s usually the first that come to mind.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I always reference Jody Gage as my example of a guy who did nothing but put up consistent numbers in the minors who just couldn`t translate that game to the NHL. I`m sure there`s loads of examples but he`s usually the first that come to mind.

I had to look him as he was well before my time. Those are some impressive numbers. I never saw him play so I can't comment on anything like that, but I'm kind of surprised he didn't get more of a look. Even in his brief NHL career, 0.42 PPG seems like a pretty good pace, no? Unless back then, that wasn't like it would be viewed today.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

there were plenty of those 'lifers' but that ended really when the veteran rule was adopted where you knew you had a half-dozen or so players sticking around a certain market.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I had to look him as he was well before my time. Those are some impressive numbers. I never saw him play so I can't comment on anything like that, but I'm kind of surprised he didn't get more of a look. Even in his brief NHL career, 0.42 PPG seems like a pretty good pace, no? Unless back then, that wasn't like it would be viewed today.

Got to see him a handful of times while living in Nfld and the Leafs AHL team there, he was bloody good, threat every shift, just couldn`t crack the NHL

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Really? It's a hell of an accomplishment for a hockey player. Yeah, they may not be good enough to play in the NHL on a regular basis, but the AHL is still a men's professional league and arguably the second best in the world.

Didn't mean it like that. Sorry. Any player that can make a career out of playing hockey is obviously doing something right. That is a significant accomplishment in itself. At some point with these guys I think the ship has sailed on their NHL future. Producing points at the AHL level isn't getting them any closer to being NHL players. The flaws in their game are not being overcome with goals and assists on the PP in the american league. They will all continue to get their cup of tea, but at this point next year, there's probably a good chance these guys are playing for a different organization.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

The ultimate example of the AHL tweener and a more recent guy is Chris Bourque.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Is there a way we can keep Binnington?

looked like a better goalie than either Vladar or McIntyre

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

St. Louis likely moves him on to San Antonio(hence the loan + the abrupt loss of Subban to Vegas), BUT unlikely... there's also a potential contract ie affiliation to be signed as the Atlanta deal likely goes to completion... where the B's go next to feed Providence is in play.... Does Vladar stay in the system too....

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Not really sure why you'd even include Daniel Vladar in this comment. the kid is 20 years old playing in the ECHL right now. I'd hope Binnington looks better than him. He has 4 years on him, age wise, and about 100+ more professional games.

The only way to keep him is to trade for him.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
So what are the lines potentially going to look like?

pretty full at the inn right now. they have almost 6 full lines of forwards, barring any moves they make.
here's a shot at the lines, although malt or garbagegoal or another providence regular can probably do better:

Cehlarik-JFK-Agostino
Bjork-Szwarz-Czarnik
Beleskey-Cave-Senyshyn
Porter-Fitzgerald-Blidh
-------------------------------
Hargrove-Hennessy-Hickman
Gabrielle-Payerl-Acolatse

Zboril-Cross
Johansson-O’Gara
Breen-Clifton
--------------------
Lauzon (injured)

McIntyre
Binnington

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Vladar posts excellent stats in the AHL but mediocre in the ECHL. Does he really not play as well as his stats indicate? I've not seen any of his games so I don't know. I just presumed that ECHL team sucks.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
THERE really hasn't been a dedicated ECHL poster in Atlanta since the B's were aligned with them, tbth... that may or may not change in 2018/19.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
pretty full at the inn right now. they have almost 6 full lines of forwards, barring any moves they make.
here's a shot at the lines, although malt or garbagegoal or another providence regular can probably do better:

Cehlarik-JFK-Agostino
Bjork-Szwarz-Czarnik
Beleskey-Cave-Senyshyn
Porter-Fitzgerald-Blidh
-------------------------------
Gabrielle-Hennessy-Hickman
Payerl-Acolatse

Zboril-Cross
Johansson-O’Gara
Breen-Clifton
--------------------
Lauzon (injured)

McIntyre
Binnington

Wow. Lots of players down there now. Stacked lineup. And what about Colton Hargrove--is he still on roster?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Wow. Lots of players down there now. Stacked lineup. And what about Colton Hargrove--is he still on roster?

oops, missed him. and he's been playing well.

wonder if a guy like gabrielle would be sent to ECHL just to get playing time. assume a roster move or 2 is coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad