Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Calm down, he's 5'11 185 pds ... you're right in that that's not "tiny" but I guess I was (in my mind) combining his size with his fighting weight class; he has 0 career fights getting jumped and punched in the head while down and prone by a guy with 90 career fights. Not cool, especially considering how long he was out with that concussion earlier this year.

Holy hell, an inch shorter and 5 lbs. lighter...I've seen him listed as both so. I think GD has proven you more than wrong on this situation though.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Assuming the weather holds out, planning on being at the PRO/Wolf Pack game tonight. I'll have a report if I do end up going. Looking forward to seeing these guys. Also, $2 beers.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When I was in college drinking age was 18 and bars had pay $3 to get in and penny a drink for 2 hours and everything went - shots of Jack Daniels, crown royal, Black Russians , kamikazes you name it.

Our main weekend bar was EJ's in Rowley that was owned by Bruins goalie Eddie Johnston.

At a bar near school drinks started at 25 cents and went up each hour 25 cents

I even look at whiskey my stomach turns and I want to hurl

It's scary how wasted kids were in those days

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
When I was in college drinking age was 18 and bars had pay $3 to get in and penny a drink for 2 hours and everything went - shots of Jack Daniels, crown royal, Black Russians , kamikazes you name it.

Our main weekend bar was EJ's in Rowley that was owned by Bruins goalie Eddie Johnston.

Yeah I remember those days use to go to the US and get drafts for a quarter ,or some bars had drink and drown.Amazed I’m still alive.Lol

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Yeah I remember those days use to go to the US and get drafts for a quarter ,or some bars had drink and drown.Amazed I’m still alive.Lol
i split a bottle of Yukon Jack doing shots every 15 minutes and had alcohol poisoning. I was sick for 3 days worst part was my girl friend went home Friday night but decided to come back Saturday night to surprise me but I did the surprising lol.

it did ruin a lot of my friends

Dazed & Confused pretty much summed up teen life in the mid to late 70's

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Not sure how much stock I am going to be putting in this scouting report? :laugh:
First period should be pretty accurate unless he goes to see warm-ups.:sarcasm:

Haha you guys are hilarious. Unfortunately, the weather did not hold off especially for my friends coming from Boston, so I didn't end up going. Gonna give it another go in a couple of weeks though when PRO comes back.

The $2 beers are just through the end of the 1st period intermission.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

In the Army PX in Louisiana (1963-64) I could get a full case (24 bottles) of Lone Star beer from Texas for $3.

Lots of beer and shrimp on the weekends. :D

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Providence off to a good start in Springfield as JFK scores early in the first. Goal #9 on the year for him.

Binnington is in net tonight; McIntyre did not look good last night-- he allowed 2 softies.

Springfield scores on a PP after Acolyte takes a penalty. I've had enough of Sena--he's much too reckless a player for the production he provides.

I've mentioned this before, but I have to compliment Springfield for their AHL live feed. Very good quality and camerawork (as opposed to the feed at the Dunk, which is garbage.)

Still 1-1 midway thru the first.

You can see how Senyshyn and Zboril are so very close to breaking out and becoming impact players for Providence. Both skating with more confidence and making better plays than earlier in the year.

Not much doing in the second, shots are 10-6 Providence, so that gives you an idea of the entertainment value tonight.

Note that Swzarz is still injured. Team should get a boost in offense when he and Cehlarik (presumably) return.

I do like what I'm seeing from Zboril and Johansson tonight. Zboril is such a gifted skater and has some nasty in him; Johansson is a smart player, good at breaking up plays with his stick.

Bruins take it 2-1 in the shootout. Solid night for JFK and Binnington.

Last edited:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Providence off to a good start in Springfield as JFK scores early in the first. Goal #9 on the year for him.

Binnington is in net tonight; McIntyre did not look good last night-- he allowed 2 softies.

Springfield scores on a PP after Acolyte takes a penalty. I've had enough of Sena--he's much too reckless a player for the production he provides.

I've mentioned this before, but I have to compliment Springfield for their AHL live feed. Very good quality and camerawork (as opposed to the feed at the Dunk, which is garbage.)

Still 1-1 midway thru the first.

You can see how Senyshyn and Zboril are so very close to breaking out and becoming impact players for Providence. Both skating with more confidence and making better plays than earlier in the year.

Not much doing in the second, shots are 10-6 Providence, so that gives you an idea of the entertainment value tonight.

Note that Swzarz is still injured. Team should get a boost in offense when he and Cehlarik (presumably) return.

I do like what I'm seeing from Zboril and Johansson tonight. Zboril is such a gifted skater and has some nasty in him; Johansson is a smart player, good at breaking up plays with his stick.

Bruins take it 2-1 in the shootout. Solid night for JFK and Binnington.
JFK, in fact, had both Bruins' goals and was #1 star. He's starting to stand out after a slow start.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
JFK, in fact, had both Bruins' goals and was #1 star. He's starting to stand out after a slow start.

JFK now has 9 goals and 10 assists for 19 points in 29 games. He is #16 in AHL rookie scoring and tied for second in Providence with Agostino. Czarnik leads the team with 26 points in 23 games.

How does JFK look to those who get to see him in person? Does he have a realistic chance to play in Boston next year?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
JFK now has 9 goals and 10 assists for 19 points in 29 games. He is #16 in AHL rookie scoring and tied for second in Providence with Agostino. Czarnik leads the team with 26 points in 23 games.

How does JFK look to those who get to see him in person? Does he have a realistic chance to play in Boston next year?
99.9% he's in Boston next year

Love this kid :pcheer:

Reactions: Battleford Bruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad