Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey64

Nov 6, 2014
Western Mass
Excited to see the baby bruins live today in Springfield although disappointed Gabrielle and Zboril were scratched.

Senyshyn had 3 assists and hit post, showing nice speed and passing but a bit week on boards and puck possession. Karlsson also had productive day by finding seams and getting on scores sheet multiple times. They both improved (skated together) as the game went on, gaining confidence especially after putting up some points.

As impressive as these guys were, I thought that Cehlarik is next up for Bruins in the event of a call up. His size really stands out, wins many battles with a good stick and body work, great passes and skating is pretty good for a big man. He was a factor on most shifts but came up short (he did have one shot that hit both posts).

On the D side I was paying close attention to Lauzon and was impressed as he did notch an assist. I would put in same category as Senyshyn/ Karlsson in that he needs more time.

Breen really stands out for his size and creates space for teammates. Not certain about puck skills and in today's NHL it is difficult to see where he fits especially with the Bruins recent draft picks on D that include Charlie, Carlo, Zboril, Lauzon, Lindberg, Vaakanainen.

The D I was most impressed with was Johansson. Skating was awesome, puck retrieval and passing was very good and he seemed to jump into the rush periodically.

My understanding is that both Cehalrik and Johansson were not healthy when camp broke but would think both could deserve a chance if something opens up in Boston.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Excited to see the baby bruins live today in Springfield although disappointed Gabrielle and Zboril were scratched.

Senyshyn had 3 assists and hit post, showing nice speed and passing but a bit week on boards and puck possession. Karlsson also had productive day by finding seams and getting on scores sheet multiple times. They both improved (skated together) as the game went on, gaining confidence especially after putting up some points.

As impressive as these guys were, I thought that Cehlarik is next up for Bruins in the event of a call up. His size really stands out, wins many battles with a good stick and body work, great passes and skating is pretty good for a big man. He was a factor on most shifts but came up short (he did have one shot that hit both posts).

On the D side I was paying close attention to Lauzon and was impressed as he did notch an assist. I would put in same category as Senyshyn/ Karlsson in that he needs more time.

Breen really stands out for his size and creates space for teammates. Not certain about puck skills and in today's NHL it is difficult to see where he fits especially with the Bruins recent draft picks on D that include Charlie, Carlo, Zboril, Lauzon, Lindberg, Vaakanainen.

The D I was most impressed with was Johansson. Skating was awesome, puck retrieval and passing was very good and he seemed to jump into the rush periodically.

My understanding is that both Cehalrik and Johansson were not healthy when camp broke but would think both could deserve a chance if something opens up in Boston.

3 assists tells me he wasn`t in "possession" of the puck too often:)

kid is a work in progress, nice to read about him picking up some pts and hopefully some confidence from that

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
Think we'll see a Cehlarik call-up before this road trip? Normally you'd give him more time to reacclimate after an injury but we're pretty desperate for an injection of skill.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Thanks for posting this write-up.

Glad to hear Johansson is playing well. He's a little bit older than Lauzon and Zboril, and has 3 years experience against men in the SHL. Might be a candidate for a call-up look later in the season.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Is Zboril all good after that hit he took a few days ago?

That was pretty rough.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What lines are Senyshyn and JFK playing on? I wonder if the recent scoring outburst has pushed Senyshyn up the lineup a bit. It's nice to see the kid starting to get it.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
What lines are Senyshyn and JFK playing on? I wonder if the recent scoring outburst has pushed Senyshyn up the lineup a bit. It's nice to see the kid starting to get it.

JFK was with Acolatse (listed on the gamesheet as a Dman but played wing) and Hargrove yesterday. Senyshyn was with Cave and Hickman/Blidh maybe? It was all very patchwork due to injuries and callups. Senyshyn did get PP time.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
JFK was with Acolatse (listed on the gamesheet as a Dman but played wing) and Hargrove yesterday. Senyshyn was with Cave and Hickman/Blidh maybe? It was all very patchwork due to injuries and callups. Senyshyn did get PP time.
the hidden benefits to all the big league injuries is getting young guys quality time in the NHL and the AHL. Hopefully these injuries end up being a blessing in disguise for the development of our yutes....

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
the hidden benefits to all the big league injuries is getting young guys quality time in the NHL and the AHL. Hopefully these injuries end up being a blessing in disguise for the development of our yutes....

I really didn't expect a great win yesterday but everybody stepped up and did their part.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Looks like Zboril skated for the first time since the hit to the head that put him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad