OT: Geek Haven: Comic Books, Comic Book movies, RPG's, Star Wars etc thread

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
How many threaters did they put in there? I haven't been to as many movies the last few years so it would be good to check out. Too bad that revamp killed the last Arby's in Winnipeg. We can't have nice things. (or even mediocre things)

They have 6 in there and all are quite nice.

Thinking of slipping out one these nights and shutting my brain off and watching Transformers there

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

i

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
This week it's AWA STARCAGE, April 21st, 1985, a show that is largely lost to people's memories. The set up features some great matches from a March 28th card at the Winnipeg Arena and a certain Curt Hennig match where he almost loses his head and the fans decide it's a good idea to pick a fight with the Road Warriors!

JKvWtUY.jpg

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Alien and Aliens are two of my all-time favourite films of any genre. Recently news has emerged that Disney is dipping back into that franchise's well to try milking it for more money ...

I'm not a fan of what Disney did with Star Wars, so I am pretty pessimistic about this. However, from this video, I am slightly encouraged to hear it will have a "distinct storyline" not linked to that trash Prometheus and to a lesser extent, Covenant (YMMV but I absolutely hated these films, especially Prometheus -- only reason I didn't walk out of the theatre was because I paid $20 for the ticket and I'm a true Winnipegger). Hearing that a TV series is planned has me worried that they're just going to milk this franchise until it's truly dead.

I guess we'll see ... but nothing will ever be able to match the original two and we will always have those, at least, no matter what Disney does.

It's sad that there was really only one good Predator (the original -- also one of my all-time faves). Predators with Adrien Brody was mediocre (I guess on par with Predator II). "The Predator" I never watched but just reading a plot summary it sounds so outrageously awful I couldn't bring myself to attempt it.

ghyrti

Oct 21, 2014
Alien and Aliens are two of my all-time favourite films of any genre. Recently news has emerged that Disney is dipping back into that franchise's well to try milking it for more money ...

I'm not a fan of what Disney did with Star Wars, so I am pretty pessimistic about this. However, from this video, I am slightly encouraged to hear it will have a "distinct storyline" not linked to that trash Prometheus and to a lesser extent, Covenant (YMMV but I absolutely hated these films, especially Prometheus -- only reason I didn't walk out of the theatre was because I paid $20 for the ticket and I'm a true Winnipegger). Hearing that a TV series is planned has me worried that they're just going to milk this franchise until it's truly dead.

I guess we'll see ... but nothing will ever be able to match the original two and we will always have those, at least, no matter what Disney does.

It's sad that there was really only one good Predator (the original -- also one of my all-time faves). Predators with Adrien Brody was mediocre (I guess on par with Predator II). "The Predator" I never watched but just reading a plot summary it sounds so outrageously awful I couldn't bring myself to attempt it.
I thought Prey was pretty good and that was a Disney product.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Saturday Night's Main Event V is now posted (after much delay). Hogan vs Muraco with a surprise from the Weasel, the debut of the British Bulldogs to the series & a boxing match between Battling Bob Orton and Mr T. Plus the debut of the Real American video and the Slammy's. Apple podcasts have finally fixed our issues so you can find our podcast there now as well.

AEbs0ce.jpg

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Just in time for the 4th of July celebrations, some real American Wrestling! JCP/NWA Superstars on the Superstation! It's Flair, the Road Warriors, the Express Tag Teams, Dusty and even an appearance by Willie Nelson! Long before the Clash of the Champions debuted in 1988 we got this TBS wrestling special of Dream Card matches.
NWA/JCP Superstars on the Superstation, February 7th, 1986 | Legendary Wrestling Obsession
Sorry the process to embed the player right here isn't working.
R8grGmv.jpg

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It's the set up to WrestleMania II and eventually SNME VI. An instant classic between Steamboat and Bret Hart, managers stepping in the ring, Mean Gene making some moves and a Snake is on the loose. Celebrities are everywhere, including the elusive "Herb" of Burger King fame. Part II covering the actual broadcast will be released next week.

2SGpq9S.jpg

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Saw the new Transformers flick over the weekend. Yeesh...I mean I know you gotta check your brain at the door for these things but boy, it's a stretch. The new theatre at KP is pretty nice though. Recliners are comfy...

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

WHERE IS THE COWL??? Still pretty cool. However having first discovered Wolverine and the X-Men in 1985, I wish they had used the '80s brown and orange costume. Which he is wearing again in the current comics :-D Of course this is a nod to Cyclops' "would you prefer yellow spandex" joke in the first X-Men movie, I'm sure there will be some sort of dialogue about it in this.

Saw the new Transformers flick over the weekend. Yeesh...I mean I know you gotta check your brain at the door for these things but boy, it's a stretch. The new theatre at KP is pretty nice though. Recliners are comfy...
Yah think I'm going to wait until it's streaming. You are right about the theatre, though. Very nice!

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
WHERE IS THE COWL??? Still pretty cool. However having first discovered Wolverine and the X-Men in 1985, I wish they had used the '80s brown and orange costume. Which he is wearing again in the current comics :-D Of course this is a nod to Cyclops' "would you prefer yellow spandex" joke in the first X-Men movie, I'm sure there will be some sort of dialogue about it in this.

Yah think I'm going to wait until it's streaming. You are right about the theatre, though. Very nice!

I agree.

The blue and yellow doesn't make sense for sneaking up on targets.

The brown and tan costume has always been my favorite.

ae9f47118cf81bb1e045c6305f5341c9.jpg

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
This episode completes the set up for WM II and the May SNME card. Relive the Hogan/JYD vs The Funk Brothers match, witness as the Snake strikes the Dragon and a best 2 out of 3 falls match between Sheik/Volkoff and an injured champion British Bulldog team. What does the Genesis video "Land of Confusion" have to do with it all? Listen to find out!
https://legendarywrestlingobsession.podbean.com/.../satu.../
Please follow us on Twitter @LegWreObsession
Check out our bonus content at Patreon: patreon.com/LegendaryWrestlingObsession
crfbzjD.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad