Post-Game Talk: Gary your krakken is showing

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Game ended up being a lot tighter than it probably should have been at the end. Skinner was outstanding, maybe his best game as an Oiler. Wish this team didn’t look like a tire fire in its own end so much. Didn’t seem to matter which line was on the ice, they struggled defensively. Need to beat Pittsburgh tomorrow to make it a really good weekend.

Reactions: guymez and Biltmore

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Lmao never going to stop. If Jack Campbell had a great game against a mostly toothless Kraken team, I wonder what your reaction would be
When he starts beating the likes of Colorado, Vegas and Vancouver because he plays really well we can talk. He had a good game, that's not the same as having 3 great games and 1 really good game in a 7 game series against a very good team. The regular season means sweet f*** all come playoff time just ask Boston.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Just cause a person (can I use that word?) wasn’t born then doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

I mean, I saw the moon landing and the Oilers win a Cup in 1984. Others here didn’t. But it happened, trust me.
Well...I'm not an android...lol.I'm kidding about the landing but I have been questioning a lot of things lately. Can't get more specific in here

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Bud I've had enough of your masterful analysis that make no sense. You literally said the goalie is fat LMAO.

I can't take you seriously at all anymore. It's clear you and some inner circle have a secret vendetta out for the guy.

So since some people don't like the player that you like, there must be some conspiracy?

No chance it could be a legit difference of opinions, or that other people think the player you don't like is too inconsistent and not ready, or that he has the worst high danger save percentage in the league, or any other host of potentially legitimate reasons, right?

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I call them Drai defenders.. some take it as their duty respond to any criticism against Drai in GDTs.

It's okay to have superfans and Drai has a few here.. Congrats to the big man for yet another 30G season... 6th in a row and hopefully many more to come.

Does Draisaitl not deserve to be defended?

We're talking about a guy pacing for his 6th 100 point season while making 8 million bucks. The following players have this many 100 point seasons - Crosby has 6, Malkin 3, MacKinnon has 1, Matthews has 1...

He's basically second to McDavid in scoring across McDavid's career.

Meanwhile, he's having an off season this far, but he's improved his defensive metrics substantially. He's improved his margin of scoring chances by substantial amounts by decreasing the amount of chances against significantly while maintaining the number of chances he does get at an exceptional level.

Screenshot_20240302-224710.png

Data pulled from; Leon Draisaitl - Summary - Natural Stat Trick

Does that look like a player that's been "lazy defensively" or "not committed to winning" or whatever the latest anti Draisaitl narrative is?

Basically the only reason his season hasn't been his best ever from an analytical perspective is his teams high danger save percentage is atrocious and he's been relatively snake bitten. He's generating just as many chances as ever while allowing less.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
He's given that more than once in every 15 games. You and other "Oiler fans" are too clever, blind or just plain biased to see it.

Or maybe you guys just don't want to because then you would have to admit you are wrong. Just amazing how we all rip Leaf fans but there are actually some just as bad as them on this board
I'm starting think it must be personal, sheesh. I can't grow that nice of a mustache either but I'm not letting that cloud my judgement.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'm starting think it must be personal, sheesh. I can't grow that nice of a mustache either but I'm not letting that cloud my judgement.
It's nothing personal. I'm just shocked at how little support the guy gets. Yeah he plays bad at times for sure. But, he's a young goaltender and he will get his shot to play good in the playoffs this year.

I'm surprised that fans are using his rookie playoff year to conclude the goaltender he is lol

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
It's definitely frustrating. I love this sport but this issue about unequality in calls should be rooted out. If something does seem fair, its a recipe to get fans to quit on you. I'm not ready to say that we are a team that is treated unfairly, but perhaps that we are very often victims of the unwritten rulebook of the NHL. We may get fewer PPs because it feels too unfair. Diving works very well and I don't see us doing much of it (sometimes, but not like what I see many other teams do).

I'm praying for it all to be automated. I suppose if you feel there are conspiracies here, you don't want that since they could more easily rig it that way.
They went overboard in 2005 after the lockout, but how many people remember the rule changes? If a stick is even perpendicular, they called it lol.

If you were chasing a puck to the corner and the opposing team had a player in between you and the puck (pick play) it was always called for impeding your lane.

FFS teams like PITT were getting 400 PPs lol. How many did we have last year? 200 some?

It sounds tinfoil, but there is no doubt games are managed with a narrative in mind. Looking at it in a macro way, the league wants parity. They want closer games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad