Post-Game Talk: Gary your krakken is showing

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ppl are hating on Drai? Other than his penalty at the end (possible flop) he was the best player on his line and the best Oilers forward. Can't really single him out when the whole top pp unit and the team really (minus Skinner /Kulak) was playing bad hockey.
The Oilers didn't play badly. Its hard to get up for games against nothing clubs like Seattle. Even McD was bored on the bench early in game. Oilers didn't have much opportunity for PP's Refs were handing those out to Seattle.

Yeah Drai was really good today. You're even acknowledging.

Reactions: Duke74

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
How convenient to ignore his two points. Did he run over your dog or something?
What point I literally was complimenting Skinner and cry babies like you want to forget the awful stretch of games he played before these couple of games because you're personally offended people don't blindly love awful play

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Do you really think this is a fast goalie reflex wise in net? Koskinen was faster and Koskinen wasn't that fast. Skinner has aspects of his game that are good, but speed is definitely not one of them.
Bud I've had enough of your masterful analysis that make no sense. You literally said the goalie is fat LMAO.

I can't take you seriously at all anymore. It's clear you and some inner circle have a secret vendetta out for the guy.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If "he was snakebit like crazy" one can reasonably assume that his numbers are actually deflated over what they would typically be. The discussion is no more pointless than any on HF. But sure, call it pointless as soon as your argument falls apart.
Fine if you think I'm wrong. No biggy. Enjoy the snowstorm today. heh

Didnt' mean your points were pointless. Just the discussion of Eberle being here has zero legs.

cheers

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The Oilers didn't play badly. Its hard to get up for games against nothing clubs like Seattle. Even McD was bored on the bench early in game. Oilers didn't have much opportunity for PP's Refs were handing those out to Seattle.

Yeah Drai was really good today. You're even acknowledging.
Well technically I never said Draisaitl was very good.. I just said you can't single him out when the whole team was playing at 50% and that he was the best Oilers forward :)

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
What point I literally was complimenting Skinner and cry babies like you want to forget the awful stretch of games he played before these couple of games because you're personally offended people don't blindly love awful play
While you were complementing Skinner, you just couldn’t resist the opportunity to throw in a dig at Draisaitl like you always do. I think it’s blatantly obvious to everyone that you have an issue with Draisaitl, especially when you chose him as the single player to shit on.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why even bring his bad games and not just enjoy a great performance? He is an average NHL starter who has had plenty of good and not so good games. We have to live with it and improve the team in front of him

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
While you were complementing Skinner, you just couldn’t resist the opportunity to throw in a dig at Draisaitl like you always do. I think it’s blatantly obvious to everyone that you have an issue with Draisaitl.
Yeah I have issues with players taking selfish penalties just because you'll swallow downs anything he does doesn't mean the rest of the fanbase has to. Imagine if the coach didn't rip into players for these type of plays because they got a couple points that certainly builds a good team. Why you feel the need to be so offended with criticisms that have nothing to do with you is pathetic.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Bud I've had enough of your masterful analysis that make no sense. You literally said the goalie is fat LMAO.

I can't take you seriously at all anymore. It's clear you and some inner circle have a secret vendetta out for the guy.

What does that have to do with Skinner’s reflexes exactly? Is he is a fast goalie in net or not?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He was alright. I think Kulak even before his point was the only steady Dman we had today. Rest all had their breakdowns.
Even the Kulak / Deharnais pairing had their moments. A few times where both defenders were behind the net with a couple fo Karken players wide open in the slot.
Despite the low score this game definitely wasnt a defensive gem.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Why even bring his bad games and not just enjoy a great performance? He is an average NHL starter who has had plenty of good and not so good games. We have to live with it and improve the team in front of him
I didn't I said hes played good his last two games he just needs to keep this consistency I brought up his bad games because I got Linus following me around who thinks criticisms shouldn't be something that exists in the real world.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Yeah I have issues with players taking selfish penalties just because you'll swallow downs anything he does doesn't mean the rest of the fanbase has to. Imagine if the coach didn't rip into players for these type of plays because they got a couple points that certainly builds a good team. Why you feel the need to be so offended with criticisms that have nothing to do with you is pathetic.
If I swallow everything he does, then you must shit on it. I guess we balance each other out in that way. You keep doing you.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Eberle always plays like this when I watch Seattle, buzzing in the offensive zone, creating turnovers on the forecheck, creating scoring chances. I might be in the minority but I think I prefer him to Tarasenko.
He does. I kept saying it when SEA beat VAN. This Eberle is more of a play driver and gets in the dirty areas.

Reactions: LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I didn't I said hes played good his last two games he just needs to keep this consistency I brought up his bad games because I got Linus following me around who thinks criticisms shouldn't be something that exists in the real world.
It's not easy playing behind this defense/system and we could've easily been down 3-0 without him getting the blame today based on our give aways.

Also if he was this consistent he would be commanding 7M per and not making backup goalie money

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Skinner stellar this afternoon. Let’s hope the Oilers start playing earlier than halfway into tomorrow night’s game!

Off to D&D now!

Well not off, it’s in my basement but the players should start arriving soon!

Anybody fighting a Kraken will have Advantage tonight!!!

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Even the Kulak / Deharnais pairing had their moments. A few times where both defenders were behind the net with a couple fo Karken players wide open in the slot.
Despite the low score this game definitely wasnt a defensive gem.
From what I saw, it was Desharnais at fault and not Kulak. Desharnais has a strong PK to end the game and laid a big hit but he wasn't that good tonight overall.
Kulak was the best Dman for us IMO.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
If I swallow everything he does, then you must shit on it. I guess we balance each other out in that way. You keep doing you.
And you'll keep following me around like a lost puppy. Literally made a single comment on Leon today and it was on that penalty and you feel the need to put your cape on.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
From what I saw, it was Desharnais at fault and not Kulak. Desharnais has a strong PK to end the game and laid a big hit but he wasn't that good tonight overall.
Kulak was the best Dman for us IMO.
I saw it a couple of times. They shared in the fault IMO. Nice to see Kulak score though. Dont get me wrong...overall he was not a liability.
In any event Skinner was thankfully on his game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He's played 3 great games in a row. .950, .941,960. You can't even count. And apparently you choose to forget all the really good games he played in December and January for 2 months.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad