Rumor: Garrioch: Kings "open for business" on 8th Overall

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
This is the regular mistake we make,.
Just because anyone is our best player doesn't mean this player is good by any NHL standards.

I will not trade to move from 28th to 25th spot

Look my friend I respect your opinion but with arv and bertuzzi that would add about 40 goals or so to our team If we added that we would be around 11 th in the nhl in scoring . The pacifc divison is pretty weak and we should be in the hunt 40 more goals should be worth at least 10 more wins which puts us in the playoffs.

Omar23

Jun 14, 2021
West coast
We. Don't. Have. Room. For. Him. Look at our top-4: Lafreniere (#1 overall pick), Kakko (#2 overall pick), Kreider (signed longterm), Panarin (incredible and signed longterm).

Buch is a top-6 player.
You do realise kings can sign him at the end of the season ….. and keep their pick. It’s not like their a buch away from the cup this year

Reactions: kinghock and funky

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I hope the kings turn this pick into a defenseman with some offensive ability and under 26 I am not concerned which side he plays. If hes lefthanded he will push defensemna (anderson or Bjornfot ) to bottom pairing and matta to the press box If hes a right side d it would push Roy to bottom pairing and walker to a trade bait for a top 6 wing. But my real hope is one of the top 4 d to slide to that spot and we draft a d

Now tradeing down to the range we can get Lambos and another asset i would also do in a heartbeat
someone said this, which I quoted, emphasizing the bold....

I in reply said Jones/a package w/Jones could be considered.
-----------
the return was:
Bern my friend lets not start this again Jones is not any better then what we have Not sure on Reunanen hes a new name to our normal talks Kings rangers are not trading partners yet In a year or so maybe
Again, thanks for your 2 cents +.
Jones IS in the Fox mold.
Remains to be seen how high his potential is.
Is currently, right now, upside aside,
a poor man's Fox
or a destitute man's Fox?
Doesn't matter, he is currently (very) lite Fox with SIGNIF upside.
Not sure any of your D prospects measure up to that.
Now if YOU still don't want to go there, no prob my friend.
But let's not ignore facts.
If as expected Jones shows more as he develops, price will skyrocket
Rare opportunity based on isolated NYR surplus, including that we have the real deal in actual Fox.

Another LAK fan said:
Please be for LHD under 26 that can play 20+ and run a PP.
This is Jones to a t.

As to Buch, LAK fan said:
I am very serious The kings have a major problem scoring goals. He has the potential to be a 40 goal scorer. No one else does on our prospects list. He is a ton better then the next wing prospect. The only way I trade him is to find a unicorn type player like Dahlin. I am not saying he would be the only piece to acquire that piece so lets not go there but yes to me he is more valuable then Turcotte but not as valuable as Bayfield.
Buch is not the machine an elite C like McD, etc is but as to putting puck in net would def help...

The add would need to be on the other side. We can easily sign Buchnevich to an extension. We have 23 mil in cap space with 18 players signed. Only Chytil and Shesterkin need new deals. Goodrow's deal will be paid for with DeAngelo's buyout, with cap to spare.

Buch is 1 year away from being a UFA. We could sign him long term, and then trade him before any trade protection kicks in. If he is traded now, it's going to be to a team with every intention, and a firm belief, that they will sign him long term.
This is accurate and fair, but we can quibble.
IMO Buch is worth 10-12 OA in a regular draft.
This draft is subpar.
Ballpark value is there.
A deal can be had.
Either Buch/+ OR Jones/+ for 8OA+
Jones is not a throw in.

One LAK voice said:
If Buchnevich is really so good please stop proposing him to LA.
Keep him in NY.

to which it was explained...
We. Don't. Have. Room. For. Him. Look at our top-4: Lafreniere (#1 overall pick), Kakko (#2 overall pick), Kreider (signed longterm), Panarin (incredible and signed longterm).

Buch is a top-6 player.

The retort was....
NY. Don't. Have. Room. For. Him”.
It is still your problem.
LA do not need/want him.
Please, trade him somewhere else.
You are entitled to your opinion and your no vote.
Does not defeat the fact that Buch IS a possible fit, a win win deal can be had at right price.

and now for something completely different...
And the New York Rangers select from sweden Jesper Wallstedt
would be shrewd do Shesty-Wally combo for 10 yrs!

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You do realise kings can sign him at the end of the season ….. and keep their pick. It’s not like their a buch away from the cup this year

technically yes
but mo likely
as was case w/Sens sending Pageau to Isles
will be a long term deal by acquiring team shortly upon receipt.

He just wants to get paid.
covid-market for another yr, likely 2, will depress from current 3.25 to a bit under 6. Can do long-ish term 5-6 yrs to keep annual rate down.
No reason for him to turn down acceptable offer if waiting only gets more of the same from the market.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Bern my friend

The Kings are not only looking for a 25 or under lefthand defenseman to play on there top pair. He also can not be small as the rest of our defenseman are relatively small to the rest of the league. If you look at the few defenseman we have been "rumored to be interested in" (jones dahlin werenski ) all have size as well as offensive ability. The kings and ranger fans have gone back and forth in several threads and the price will never be agreed a pawn until both sides show what there players can do in nhl. I was only trying to save this thread from the normal back and forth between our fellow fans its already been done to death.

Reactions: funky

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Look my friend I respect your opinion but with arv and bertuzzi that would add about 40 goals or so to our team If we added that we would be around 11 th in the nhl in scoring . The pacifc divison is pretty weak and we should be in the hunt 40 more goals should be worth at least 10 more wins which puts us in the playoffs.

I absolutely see where you are coming from.
But what good would that do? Like you mentioned, the only reason we would make the playoff is that the Pacific is weak.
We would be absolutely violated by teams like Vegas or Colorado in the 1st round.

Even worse we would miss out on 1-2 more top 3 picks which would help a lot building a cup winning team.
All i ask is for a little bit more patience, just like 1-2 years or so.

This would give us time to collect and trade for the right pieces and develop our youngsters the right way.
Think of dynasty Detroit where they kept the young ones in the AHL until they were ready ready.
If we can manage that, we will attract top notch UFA's like Carter and Gaborik again.

All of our youngster centers are fast elite playmakers. If we manage to pair them with goal scoring wingers, we are golden.
Just pairing them with random 2nd line material is a waste of assets. Top 6 is not good enough for top 3

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Buch is not the machine an elite C like McD, etc is but as to putting puck in net would def help...

Please for the sake of all non existing gods, can you stop selling us Buch as a goal scoring winger?

He archived 20+ goals exactly 1 time in his 5 years NHL career.
Buch is a work horse like Iafallo and that is the last thing we need.
If you really need to dump him, we can talk about helping you out in one way or the other.

For everything else, you better contact other teams fan bases

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
someone said this, which I quoted, emphasizing the bold....

I in reply said Jones/a package w/Jones could be considered.
-----------
the return was:

Again, thanks for your 2 cents +.
Jones IS in the Fox mold.
Remains to be seen how high his potential is.
Is currently, right now, upside aside,
a poor man's Fox
or a destitute man's Fox?
Doesn't matter, he is currently (very) lite Fox with SIGNIF upside.
Not sure any of your D prospects measure up to that.
Now if YOU still don't want to go there, no prob my friend.
But let's not ignore facts.
If as expected Jones shows more as he develops, price will skyrocket
Rare opportunity based on isolated NYR surplus, including that we have the real deal in actual Fox.

Another LAK fan said:

This is Jones to a t.

As to Buch, LAK fan said:

This is accurate and fair, but we can quibble.
IMO Buch is worth 10-12 OA in a regular draft.
This draft is subpar.
Ballpark value is there.
A deal can be had.
Either Buch/+ OR Jones/+ for 8OA+
Jones is not a throw in.

One LAK voice said:

to which it was explained...

The retort was....

You are entitled to your opinion and your no vote.
Does not defeat the fact that Buch IS a possible fit, a win win deal can be had at right price.

and now for something completely different...

would be shrewd do Shesty-Wally combo for 10 yrs!
Hi Bern, you have my respect, but why you tell Kings fans how good for them will be trades for NY players. We do not want them...

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
But what good would that do? Like you mentioned, the only reason we would make the playoff is that the Pacific is weak.
We would be absolutely violated by teams like Vegas or Colorado in the 1st round.

Even worse we would miss out on 1-2 more top 3 picks which would help a lot building a cup winning team.

This would give us time to collect and trade for the right pieces and develop our youngsters the right way.
Think of dynasty Detroit where they kept the young ones in the AHL until they were ready ready.
If we can manage that, we will attract top notch UFA's like Carter and Gaborik again.

All of our youngster centers are fast elite playmakers. If we manage to pair them with goal scoring wingers, we are golden.
Just pairing them with random 2nd line material is a waste of assets. Top 6 is not good enough for top 3

Kings have enough pieces they need to make the next step. Getting a young defenseman is the final piece needed. If they make a trade like i suggest we can make the next logical step to make the playoffs. Your not going to go from a lotto team to a cup team in one year u need the middle step of being a playoff team again. The trade i suggest gets us there imo This team needs a better defense before we can make that next step no matter how good the forward group is if we are playing the kings current defense we will not go anywhere

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009

If there was any year to swing trades .. its this year .. prices are way down ... and well we can only have so many prospects .. I absolutely get what your saying ... but i believe that the time is now to start moving forward ... also carts and gaborik were not UFA's .. we traded for them

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Eichel to LA confirmed
4li.gif

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern my friend

The Kings are not only looking for a 25 or under lefthand defenseman to play on there top pair. He also can not be small as the rest of our defenseman are relatively small to the rest of the league. If you look at the few defenseman we have been "rumored to be interested in" (jones dahlin werenski ) all have size as well as offensive ability. The kings and ranger fans have gone back and forth in several threads and the price will never be agreed a pawn until both sides show what there players can do in nhl. I was only trying to save this thread from the normal back and forth between our fellow fans its already been done to death.

Jones is not diminutive.
He is 5'11".
I consider 5'10 or < to be short, 5'11"-6'1" to be average, and 6'2 and up to be tall->big.

I agree you need balance, some guys large to clear the crease, some w/playmaker type skills. Since we already have Fox, we need to keep Robertson and Schneider and KAM over Jones.

If you don't believe this rare opportunity to get a possible Fox is worth it, fine.
But I disagree.
The ? is if he is or is not better than your other D options.
If he is better than others similarly sized, THOSE are the D you move.

Other LA posters sought D "under 26 that can play 20+ and run a PP".
This is despite what you ballyhoo as current choices being worthy of standing pat.

You want to wait until there is even more basis to think Jones will be, to some degree, Fox lite? Fine.
But he who hesitates is lost.
If it makes sense to hold, we'll hold him.
If enough on the table now, we should seriously consider a deal.

Good chatting, til next time.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Please for the sake of all non existing gods, can you stop selling us Buch as a goal scoring winger?

He archived 20+ goals exactly 1 time in his 5 years NHL career.
Buch is a work horse like Iafallo and that is the last thing we need.
If you really need to dump him, we can talk about helping you out in one way or the other.

For everything else, you better contact other teams fan bases

He is sufficiently productive, continuing to improve.
Lights out sniper, no. Productive scorer, yes.

If not for you we can move on.
If you prefer to pass we will get sufficient return elsewhere.
But it was fair for all who said basically Buch for 8OA to go there.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hi Bern, you have my respect, but why you tell Kings fans how good for them will be trades for NY players. We do not want them...

Hi @kinghock
you likewise have my respect.

as to the bold
what you are saying contradicts all the threads we've seen last year + about how Kings have pivots -- check; mixed picture on defense -- check; but need scoring Ws.

So if I missed something, my apologies.
And if you don't want to do essentially 8oA for Buch, fine, tho he will fetch a sufficient price in futures from someone.

Reactions: kinghock

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Bern

Look at who they have been interested in Dalhin 6 foot 3 seth Jones 6 foot 4 Werenski 6 foot 2 This is the type of player on the kings wish list. Your player is small compared to them. He is also small compared to what we can draft most likely Edminsson 6 foot 4 Clarke 6 foot 2 hell even huges is 6 foot 1 Your player is 5 11 Clague is 6 foot Mikey Anderson 6 foot Bjornfoot 6 The kings are better off drafting the defenseman they need sorry

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Hi @kinghock
you likewise have my respect.

as to the bold
what you are saying contradicts all the threads we've seen last year + about how Kings have pivots -- check; mixed picture on defense -- check; but need scoring Ws.

So if I missed something, my apologies.
And if you don't want to do essentially 8oA for Buch, fine, tho he will fetch a sufficient price in futures from someone.

Thank you, Bern

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad