Rumor: Garrioch: Kings "open for business" on 8th Overall

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
GettyImages-1232751330-1024x742.jpg

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Likely so would other team,s in that range...Need to be able to add nhl players too, in any rebuild

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t the Kings one of the teams rumored to be most after Conor Garland?

I suspect that if Arizona is unable to find a way to move OEL (without taking on significant cash of over six million, or so) before the draft they’re going to have to trade Garland. It sucks. He’s the heart and soul of the team. But OEL is absolutely sucking up a ridiculous lion’s share of the internal budget ($10.5m of a rumored $68m).

Arizona hired STL’s top amateur scout to be their GM. He hired TBL’s top amateur scout to be his top amateur scout. Then he hired COL’s top amateur scout to be his top pro scout. Then he hired the best coach in the CHL and Hockey Canada’s rising amateur coaching star to be his head coach. This will be the first draft for the Coyotes where any of them will be able to participate.

All of Armstrong, Plandowski, Hepple, and Tourigny will be at the draft table on Friday. I could see them wanting to make a big splash. Armstrong has already acquired a pair of extra 2nds this year and there’s supposedly (from a very good source) a deal with Florida to acquire a 4th 2nd rounder (Capobianco for Stralman and the 2nd).

Acquiring a top 10 pick, and then selecting four times in the 2nd is a heckuva a way for a front office built entirely on the strength of amateur scouting to kick-off their rebuild.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Blake is probably thinking that none of the players he covets will be there so might as well trade he pick or see who's interested...its a good move

Reactions: deaderhead28

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
It's a little crapshoot this year for the amateur draft, I think it's a good move to listen to offers. Wouldn't trade Reinhart 1for1 if I'm the Sabres, unless he doesn't want to resign.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I hope the kings turn this pick into a defenseman with some offensive ability and under 26 I am not concerned which side he plays. If hes lefthanded he will push defensemna (anderson or Bjornfot ) to bottom pairing and matta to the press box If hes a right side d it would push Roy to bottom pairing and walker to a trade bait for a top 6 wing. But my real hope is one of the top 4 d to slide to that spot and we draft a d

Now tradeing down to the range we can get Lambos and another asset i would also do in a heartbeat

Reactions: kinghock

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I hope the kings turn this pick into a defenseman with some offensive ability and under 26 I am not concerned which side he plays. If hes lefthanded he will push defensemna (anderson or Bjornfot ) to bottom pairing and matta to the press box If hes a right side d it would push Roy to bottom pairing and walker to a trade bait for a top 6 wing. But my real hope is one of the top 4 d to slide to that spot and we draft a d

Now tradeing down to the range we can get Lambos and another asset i would also do in a heartbeat
I think the Seattle Kraken claim Maatta in a wink wink deal and Kings give up some prospects,Hrenak,Madden,Dudas,Thomas and Moverare. Lambos won't be a bad pick later for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad