Rumor: Garrioch: Kings "open for business" on 8th Overall

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I’ve seen a couple Detroit ones I think may work.

Bertuzzi + 22 OVR for 8 OVR

6 OVR + Bertuzzi for 8 OVR + Turcotte

I’d be curious if Vrana 1:1 for 8 OVR also

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I’ve seen a couple Detroit ones I think may work.

Bertuzzi + 22 OVR for 8 OVR

6 OVR + Bertuzzi for 8 OVR + Turcotte

I’d be curious if Vrana 1:1 for 8 OVR also

Bertuzzi + 22 OVR for 8 OVR- NO

6 OVR + Bertuzzi for 8 OVR + Turcotte- YES

I’d be curious if Vrana 1:1 for 8 OVR- NO

Reactions: KingTech

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Dwight King is an assface
KingFaceEDMOilers.gif

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Dahlin is untouchable. That aside, 8th overall in this draft isn't even sniffing his value. If Dahlin were in his draft class, he'd be by himself about 3 tiers ahead of any other prospect available. And that's the guys who might go #1.
Obviously it would be a package deal. Kings can ask, it’s up to Buffalo to say yes or no.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I like Turcotte a lot more than I like Bertuzzi.
but at 6 we mostly likely get our young defenseman with the upside we want. Yes it would hurt to lose him but we have alot of young centers coming and not much winger with Bertuzzis game. Also we need the young defenseman more then anyone we can probably pick at 8

Reactions: kinghock

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Bertuzzi + 22 OVR for 8 OVR- NO

6 OVR + Bertuzzi for 8 OVR + Turcotte- YES

I’d be curious if Vrana 1:1 for 8 OVR- NO
Yeah, I like that second one too. The only pause I have is probably the reason you like it in that either Edvinsson or Hughes is available which is a need for both our clubs.

I would do the first one only as a Kings fan.
Yeah, I could get behind that one. Being able to leave the draft with 2 more top end talents that fit our core better than Bertuzzi would be a win in my book. Only downside for Detroit would be if someone fell to that 22 OVR spot so the difference isn’t as a large as initially anticipated.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
but at 6 we mostly likely get our young defenseman with the upside we want. Yes it would hurt to lose him but we have alot of young centers coming and not much winger with Bertuzzis game. Also we need the young defenseman more then anyone we can probably pick at 8

Maybe I'm just not super high on Bertuzzi, but this seems crazy to me. Why not just trade either the 8th or Turcotte for a defenseman if the need is that great? This seems like an absolute no-brainer win for Detroit and a mistake for LA.

Whether we pick at 6 or 8, draft Hughes, Edvinsson, Clarke, or a forward, they're not going to be ready to help the Kings for a couple years at least.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Maybe I'm just not super high on Bertuzzi, but this seems crazy to me. Why not just trade either the 8th or Turcotte for a defenseman if the need is that great? This seems like an absolute no-brainer win for Detroit and a mistake for LA.

Whether we pick at 6 or 8, draft Hughes, Edvinsson, Clarke, or a forward, they're not going to be ready to help the Kings for a couple years at least.

Find me a defenseman like that available I seriosusly doubt u can find one cause i looked and everyone i see that qualifies are not available period. Your going to have to draft one. If we get Clarke or Edvinsson its a year and bit imo Which would alow the kings to get a ufa and sign them to a 2 year deal *looking mostly at Edler who has alot of game left Who we sign is another discussion however.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Find me a defenseman like that available I seriosusly doubt u can find one cause i looked and everyone i see that qualifies are not available period. Your going to have to draft one. If we get Clarke or Edvinsson its a year and bit imo Which would alow the kings to get a ufa and sign them to a 2 year deal *looking mostly at Edler who has alot of game left Who we sign is another discussion however.

There's no guarantee that one of the four defensemen make it to six. A few of note in the short term are Mike Reilly, Keith Yandle, Shayne Gostisbehere, Nate Schmidt, and potentially some trades with Seattle if guys like Dunn are available. Obviously we have a need for a blue chip defenseman, but so do a lot of other teams. But if we're going to address that, again, why bring Bertuzzi into the fold? Is there some trade that can be made with, say, Columbus to send Turcotte and some other pieces for their pick? I just view the 6th and 8th picks as relatively equal in value, whereas I value Turcotte significantly higher than I value Bertuzzi for LA. I don't see Bertuzzi as a significant improvement on Iafallo or Arvidsson, for example.

If we are trading the 8th and Turcotte, I want something really, really good coming back. Like a Werenski or Sergachev.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
There's no guarantee that one of the four defensemen make it to six. A few of note in the short term are Mike Reilly, Keith Yandle, Shayne Gostisbehere, Nate Schmidt, and potentially some trades with Seattle if guys like Dunn are available. Obviously we have a need for a blue chip defenseman, but so do a lot of other teams. But if we're going to address that, again, why bring Bertuzzi into the fold? Is there some trade that can be made with, say, Columbus to send Turcotte and some other pieces for their pick? I just view the 6th and 8th picks as relatively equal in value, whereas I value Turcotte significantly higher than I value Bertuzzi for LA. I don't see Bertuzzi as a significant improvement on Iafallo or Arvidsson, for example.

If we are trading the 8th and Turcotte, I want something really, really good coming back. Like a Werenski or Sergachev.
Pretty simple u only make the trade if one is available Lets not be ridiculous but the odds of all them gone at 6 is pretty long Bernier and Eklund are garenteed top 5 imo Not one of thoses defenseman fit 25 and under with Nhl term

The reason is Blake and all rumour have stated we are looking to add another top 6 player who in time could slide down the lineup like Stoll did If Bertuzzi is our 3 lw in a few years we are in excellent shape imo In the meantime playing beside Kopitar and Arvy makes a pretty sexy line to me :)

Reactions: kinghock

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
May I know why not the 6 and Bertuzzi for Turcotte and 8?

Turcotte and 8th would get us something really good.
I can only speak for myself, but as long as Guenther and Edvinson are available, Bertuzzi isn't of any interest.
Even then, he is just not a winger i would like to trade for and give up a lot.
We have lots of 20 goal scorers and this took us nowhere.
No reason to trade for another one

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Turcotte and 8th would get us something really good.
I can only speak for myself, but as long as Guenther and Edvinson are available, Bertuzzi isn't of any interest.
Even then, he is just not a winger i would like to trade for and give up a lot.
We have lots of 20 goal scorers and this took us nowhere.
No reason to trade for another one
Edvinsson will be available at 6 maybe clarke or hughes but there is also a huge possibility that at 8 neither will be there. Our leading scorer had 17 goals so i don't see where theses 20 goals scorers u speak of. Bert would be our 2 maybe 3 top wing He is much much better then what we have.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Edvinsson will be available at 6 maybe clarke or hughes but there is also a huge possibility that at 8 neither will be there. Our leading scorer had 17 goals so i don't see where theses 20 goals scorers u speak of. Bert would be our 2 maybe 3 top wing He is much much better then what we have.

This is the regular mistake we make,.
Just because anyone is our best player doesn't mean this player is good by any NHL standards.

I will not trade to move from 28th to 25th spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad