Confirmed with Link: Garnet Hathaway, 4-years, 1.500m AAV

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
So GMBM said he wants more bite.

Added Gudas, Panik and this Hathaway guy.

Good luck dealing with Caps.

PS: Oshie being exclusively offensive warrior now is first thought I got.

PPS: Add better depth in Hershey comparing to last year. Lets win another cup!

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019

This is important. Oshie is probably knocked off the PK so he can avoid removing more tread on him.

Your main PK forwards:
Hagelin
Hathaway
Eller
Wilson
Stephenson
Panik
Dowd
Backstrom

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

If we flip the switch and play it rough, teams LWs and LDs will have a tough time with Willy Oshie Panik Haths Gudas and Lewington on patrol.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
My first thought with this offseason (draft included) is that the Caps aren't following the league trends and going speed/quickness. They're staking their claim to size and grit.

I like it for several reasons:

1 - If Ovie and Backstrom are still going to be core going forward, the speed game ain't gonna work with them
2 - Having a disproportionate amount (relative to the rest of the league) of a positive asset is a huge advantage.
3 - The followers of league trends are rarely the ones that win Cups. It's the trend-setters.
4 - Size and grit play well in the loffs.

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
My first thought with this offseason (draft included) is that the Caps aren't following the league trends and going speed/quickness. They're staking their claim to size and grit.

I like it for several reasons:

1 - If Ovie and Backstrom are still going to be core going forward, the speed game ain't gonna work with them
2 - Having a disproportionate amount (relative to the rest of the league) of a positive asset is a huge advantage.
3 - The followers of league trends are rarely the ones that win Cups. It's the trend-setters.
4 - Size and grit play well in the loffs.

Size, depth, and being difficult to against won Blues a cup. The Caps got tougher to play against for sure.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Size, depth, and being difficult to against won Blues a cup. The Caps got tougher to play against for sure.
Agree. Compared to start of last season, you're switching out Hags, Panik, and Hathaway for Bura, Conno, Boyd/Stephenson/DSP. Those new guys are harder to play against and have more well-rounded games than the guys going out

Reactions: Futures Passed

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Hah! I called this guy! I think I was told he was too slow!
His first few strides stood out to me in a bad way when catching some Calgary games last year. That said he's okay once he gets going and he was still able to PK well so his anticipation helps.

There's definitely a temptation to sort of emulate the Blues and want players that really dig in but we'll see about Hathaway's pace. He hits and will fight but he's a 12th forward coming off of a solid year. I don't know that he's really quick enough to match something like STL's fourth-line, though.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
DnI8PLzUcAA_pdm.jpg

Reactions: Roman Fell

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Besides his name, you look at his bio born in Kennebunkport Maine, went to Phillips Academy in Andover and Brown University, you'd think he'd be more suited for the yacht club or polo. We'll just have to call him the "Flying WASP".

There's some weird thing with ivy league schools making NHL bruisers; Aaron Volpatti, George Parros, Todd Simpson, Zolnerczyk (sp?), Westgarth, Tanner Glass....

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
This is important. Oshie is probably knocked off the PK so he can avoid removing more tread on him.

Your main PK forwards:
Hagelin
Hathaway
Eller
Wilson
Stephenson
Panik
Dowd
Backstrom
A few of these penalty killers will be the main culprits for why the team may be on the PK.

Reactions: Hivemind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad