Seravalli: Garland on the trade block

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Well, I was probably a little over zealous and expected a counter (to my counter).

The offer I responded to was Zac Jones + 15th overall for Garland AND Crouse. Jones does not move the needle for me.

their counter woul dbe "give him to m e for free"

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'm not, Garland is better. I'd put Smith back with Coyle and hope Coyle is who he was his whole career and not who he was last year post surgery.
well you are saying they are crap after their top 6, I don't see that, but Smith played well with Krech and Hall but if did move him down with Coyle That would make them deeper than last year up front and need some D help . I like Garland but I think you tend too overate him a little bit , and you will not get the return that might believe you should get...........

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
With the arvidsson trade now complete, I don’t think coyotes would get too much more than that. Maybe a later 1st +
Garland is a better play driver than Arvidsson. Plus, LA's 2nd is close to a 1st. They didn't have to pay more than just picks because they didn't take any cap back.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Garland is a better play driver than Arvidsson. Plus, LA's 2nd is close to a 1st. They didn't have to pay more than just picks because they didn't take any cap back.
All I am saying is I don’t expect a significant amount more in a trade involving garland. And that’s no slight on his skill level either.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Is hyman a good comparison to garland? I have to admit I am not totally certain on garlands overall ceiling. But looking at #’s they seem similar. If not, who would you compare his style of play to?

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Garland is one of the most underrated players in the league. What sucks for Arizona is that they have little leverage due to his RFA status. If the asking price is too high, a team can make a front-loaded offer-sheet. That said, the rumoured asking price at the trade deadline wasn't very much to begin with.

I think Edmonton makes too much sense here. Arizona doesn't have a 1st and Edmonton doesn't particularly need theirs. At #19, it would be a lot higher than other offers. 1st + for Garland would make sense.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Is hyman a good comparison to garland? I have to admit I am not totally certain on garlands overall ceiling. But looking at #’s they seem similar. If not, who would you compare his style of play to?
Higher end skill set than Hyman. More like a Gallagher a few years ago in that retrospect

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad