Seravalli: Garland on the trade block

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think the message it sends is Seravalli will write whatever an agent wants in an article. Training camp a long ways away and given Garland is a RFA I don’t think his re-signing in AZ will be an issue.
I agree.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It is not speculation that Garland's agent sent over 2 contract proposals and has received zero reply or confirmation that the team even received his offers. Those are directly from the source. It isn't speculation that his agent is talking to the media and asserting a possible trade.

The only "speculation" is the quote from Servalli in the OP in which "this signals... they don't have interest in keeping him". Which yes, it certainly does.

Generally when a team wants to keep a core player they don't completely ghost him for months, leaving his agent frustrated enough to go talk publicly to the media. A lack of basic communication is disrespectful, at least it was clearly taken that way.
Typical agent spouting off. Garland has probably questioned his agent on what is happening and his agent has nothing to report, which looks bad on the agents part and might be getting a bit worried of losing a client and commission. Let the agent squirm a little more.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
He's wearing his new protection gear, since no team mate helps protect him. OEL should have worn that years ago, and Chychrun better get measured for his.:)
refstormtrooper-2020_09_19-21_04_15-utc.jpg

It is up to the refs to read and constantly enforce the rules. Can you imagine if we went into work and said, hmm only feel like following these rules today?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I think the message it sends is Seravalli will write whatever an agent wants in an article. Training camp a long ways away and given Garland is a RFA I don’t think his re-signing in AZ will be an issue.

The agent who is a direct representative of Garland?

Bold strategy for a guy with arbitration rights who can force a UFA contract next offseason. Let's see how ignoring one of your best players to the point where his agent is publicly complaining works out.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The agent who is a direct representative of Garland?

Bold strategy for a guy with arbitration rights who can force a UFA contract next offseason. Let's see how ignoring one of your best players to the point where his agent is publicly complaining works out.

Its a blatant attempt by the agent to prompt a reaction from the organization. Seravelli is nothing but a puppet.

Lots of time to get a deal before training camp. If you follow the local beat reporter Craig Morgan he has quotes in his service from Armstrong indicating that this will sort itself out. I don’t think any AZ fans are really worried here.

Reactions: RemoAZ

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Its a blatant attempt by the agent to prompt a reaction from the organization. Seravelli is nothing but a puppet.

Lots of time to get a deal before training camp. If you follow the local beat reporter Craig Morgan he has quotes in his service from Armstrong indicating that this will sort itself out. I don’t think any AZ fans are really worried here.

Nobody is disagreeing with the first part. Garland's agent is indeed trying to prompt a response as he has been ghosted up to this point.

Plenty of time to work it out, sure. But everything Seravalli and the agent say is logical. A team refusing to acknowledge even the existence of multiple proposals from one of their best players for months has to be very frustrating. It could easily be construed as disrespectful by the player. If the Hurricanes were treating Andrei Svechnikov this way I'd say the same thing.

Last edited:

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I've read every post in this thread, and the most remarkable aspect of it is that there are multiple people who like hockey enough to post about it here, but somehow also believe that Garland and Jake DeBrusk have equal value.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nobody is disagreeing with the first part. Garland's agent is indeed trying to prompt a response as he has been ghosted up to this point.

Plenty of time to work it out, sure. But everything Seravalli and the agent say is logical. A team refusing to acknowledge even the existence of multiple proposals from one of their best players for months has to be very frustrating. It could easily be construed as disrespectful by the player. If the Hurricanes were treating Andrei Svechnikov this way I'd say the same thing.
Clearly, you have never been in business for yourself, or involved with any type of contract negotiations.

Reactions: AZviaNJ and RemoAZ

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

I can appreciate your perspective. I will say though that the minute you sign a contract and you are set to make millions its amazing how those negative thoughts go away.

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
From the Rangers: Zac Jones + 15 overall for Garland + Crouse

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Counterpoint: it's the Coyotes

Reactions: shadow1

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
We will offer our best prospects that aren't slated to be in our opening night roster. Just because everyone focuses on 2 or 3 guys here doesn't mean our 4th best prospect isn't a top end guy. Literally every team has untouchable prospects.

The Boston Bruins beg to differ.

edit - also I don't think the Bruins have anything to offer for Garland but he is a perfect fit for their roster and could be a key component to their next couple years being a refresh and not a rebuild. They'd also easily have the best top 6 in the the NHL next year if they could bring back Hall and krejci.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Hall - Krejci - Garland

fun.

The rest of the roster not as much but thats nice to think about. Sadly, can't see it happening.

Last edited:

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA

edit - also I don't think the Bruins have anything to offer for Garland but he is a perfect fit for their roster and could be a key component to their next couple years being a refresh and not a rebuild. They'd also easily have the best top 6 in the the NHL next year if they could bring back Hall and krejci.

Hall - Krejci - Garland

fun.

The rest of the roster not as much but thats nice to think about. Sadly, can't see it happening.
The Bruins can take that god awful OEL contract....

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Hall - Krejci - Garland

fun.

You are forgetting Craig Smith.............

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
After the Leafs pay Marner's signing bonus, his actual average salary over the next 4 years is only 6.2M.

Garland++ from Arizona for Marner. Leafs get the capspace they need plus some quality pieces back, Arizona gets the best offensive player they've had in decades signed for 4 years at a lower salary than he's worth, and they won't mind the caphit as much.

Obviously what the "++" is would be up for significant debate.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
5'10 165 lbs pretty decent stats I guess. Does he even play on a playoff teams top 6? 39 points in 49 games is average. offensive player. But on the smaller side.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
wait - a fair price for 1 year of Garland is K'Andre Miller, Gauthier and the 15th pick?

Well, I was probably a little over zealous and expected a counter (to my counter).

The offer I responded to was Zac Jones + 15th overall for Garland AND Crouse. Jones does not move the needle for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad