Rumor: Gardiner and Kadri available from the Leafs...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I would like nothing more than to add more young offensive talent to the Jets, but I can't imagine Kadri would be the guy you'd want to add to the mix.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
I'd take Kadri in a second. I remember this time when Mario missed a wide open. :sarcasm:

Kadri might be better suited to playing away from home. I don't think its a great thing for young guys especially cocky ones like Kadri.
Tell me you didn't just compare Nazem Kadri to Mario Lemieux :laugh:

Dude. No. :shakehead

You may be right about Kadri playing better away from home, but the Jets don't need another egotistical maniac who is going to ***** at his team mates and coach on the bench. Wish the cameras would pan to the benches more often, what you see/hear there is far more telling than any news report.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
The more I think of it, the less I want Kadri. We already have our 'team cocky guy'. We don't need any more than that.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Tell me you didn't just compare Nazem Kadri to Mario Lemieux :laugh:

Dude. No. :shakehead

You may be right about Kadri playing better away from home, but the Jets don't need another egotistical maniac who is going to ***** at his team mates and coach on the bench. Wish the cameras would pan to the benches more often, what you see/hear there is far more telling than any news report.

So you think I was comparing Mario to Kadri. hmmm.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Ya, Carlyle sure ripped into Kadri. He's old school. When is he going to coach the Jets? Matter of time.

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
Kadri may have an attitude but he has talent. He would fit in nicely with Kane and Scheifele. However, the Leafs are holding onto him unless they get something with equal or higher value.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Ya, Carlyle sure ripped into Kadri. He's old school. When is he going to coach the Jets? Matter of time.

sure hope so. love the passion he has on the bench. Noel just doesn't have the bench presence I like to see in a coach. that being said I don't think we will ever see him here unfortunately.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
sure hope so. love the passion he has on the bench. Noel just doesn't have the bench presence I like to see in a coach. that being said I don't think we will ever see him here unfortunately.

Ahh yes Carlyle, the man who ran their best centre out of town for no apparent reason. The team is so much better now right?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Ahh yes Carlyle, the man who ran their best centre out of town for no apparent reason. The team is so much better now right?

Grabovski? The caps won't be going anywhere with him.

Carlyle wouldn't be my first choice for a coach, but he is in a completely different league than Noel.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa

Carlyle wouldn't be my first choice for a coach, but he is in a completely different league than Noel.

I am not so sure he is any better than Noel. He inherited a team with 2 HoF players then added another. He won a cup in year 2 then did what? Anaheim seems to be pretty damn good without him. The Leafs still suck.

bazaaa*

I agree. He's over rated by Jets fans. I know a lot of Leafs fans, and most do not like him.

Obviously all Grabo's fault for only having 30 points.
Great post.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kadri may have an attitude but he has talent. He would fit in nicely with Kane and Scheifele. However, the Leafs are holding onto him unless they get something with equal or higher value.

:shakehead

Kadri plays the same position as Scheifele, so that won't work.

Good luck getting someone of higher value if he and Carlyle keep butting heads.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Carlyle strikes me as a coach you want to bring in if you're in a win now mentality, not necessarily a good fit for building a team with.

Preaches accountability. Is hard on the players when they aren't doing what they are supposed to. Not every player wants to hear that. Need a more mature group ready to win and do what it takes.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I am not so sure he is any better than Noel. He inherited a team with 2 HoF players then added another. He won a cup in year 2 then did what? Anaheim seems to be pretty damn good without him. The Leafs still suck.

Whats with all the Carlyle hate in this city? Seems like it all started the minute he joined the leafs so I'm thinking it may not all be "partial". As for hockey cred, he also played about 18 years and won a Norris with less than great skills.

But if this thread is really about Kadri and Gardiner..........well, thanks but no thanks.

jetkarma*

Highly doubt he will , and with the oil/water mix of coach and team I don't think it would go well over the medium , long term.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Highly doubt he will , and with the oil/water mix of coach and team I don't think it would go well over the medium , long term.

Well, his close relationship with TNSE is well known. If the opportunity presents itself, I believe he rejoins the organization.

I think his approach to the game aligns more to what TNSE wants to see, than other coaches, including Noel.

jetkarma*

Well, his close relationship with TNSE is well known. If the opportunity presents itself, I believe he rejoins the organization.

I think his approach to the game aligns more to what TNSE wants to see, than other coaches, including Noel.

Well imo Cheveldayoff was let's say influenced with the first coaching hire , now Carlyle is a lot more established to be sure but I would wager the next coach is all on Cheveldayoff. Also don't think the type of game Carlyle wants his team to play meshes exactly with the vision Cheveldayoff has .

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Well imo Cheveldayoff was let's say influenced with the first coaching hire , now Carlyle is a lot more established to be sure but I would wager the next coach is all on Cheveldayoff. Also don't think the type of game Carlyle wants his team to play meshes exactly with the vision Cheveldayoff has .

Maybe, though I keep thinking about Chevy's presser at the end of the season where he said (paraphrased) the team needed to play with more urgency, consistency, commitment, and game #3 meant as much as game#39, as game #78, etc. and TNSE have talked about playing the right way, and constantly doing the things to be better - not only as a team, but as an organization. A quiet focus to be better, all the time.

I don't think it's a stretch to say Randy's philosophy about how to play and operate as an organization, became TNSE's philosophy over the years. Jets could do worse, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad