Rumor: Gardiner and Kadri available from the Leafs...

jetkarma*

I really like the Jets. After the Leafs they are my other favorite team. However, the idea that Gardiner and Kadri will go to WPG for someone like Buff or one of those other veterans is ridiculous. They would want equal value in return. Yes, I believe that Scheif and Trouba for both Gardiner and Kadri will be an equitable deal.

Well you believe what you believe. it however doesn't make it accurate.

That value as equal is not even close. It isn't ....

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Leafs fan here. Would you guys do something around Kadri + Reimer for Bogosian?

No, I wouldn't even think about it. A goalie can be acquired much cheaper than that. Bogo has come back from injury and helped solidify the D. Much rather have Bogo than Kadri, and get a goalie much cheaper ( 2nd plus prospect etc a la Bernier, Bishop, Brobovsky, Mason, etc).

jetkarma*

Leafs fan here. Would you guys do something around Kadri + Reimer for Bogosian?

Hmmmmm

Presuming no more than minor character concerns were there , that could be a base of a trade for me.

I have lingering doubts that Bogosian will be substantially better than what he currently is and stay in the lineup , so that comes to play with me. I hope those concerns for Bogosian aren't warranted , but ...

Last edited by a moderator:

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
I hate Kadri.
I actually found what Sid said about him on 24/7 to be the best part of the season.

That said, I'd be pretty tempted.
As Truck said, Kadri and Gardiner are skilled players and scoffing at them is silly AFAIC. If Chevy calls around and thats the best return for Buff I'd pull the trigger.
I think a trade to the middle of nowhere (Winnipeg) could be a humbling experience for Kadri.
I dunno, I look at our top 9 which features Chris Thorburn and I can't help but feel this trade would make us better in the mid and long term.

What did Crosby say about Kadri, I must have missed that?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

I'd deffinetly consider it. We would need to buy out pavs though

Hmmmmm

Presuming no more than minor character concerns were there , that could be a base of a trade for me.

I have lingering doubts that Bogosian will be substantially better than what he currently is and stay in the lineup , so that comes to play with me. I hope those concerns for Bogosian aren't warranted , but ...

glad you guys like it. I ran a Kadri/Reimer for Bogosian/Montoya trade through capgeek and it worked. The Leafs would need a backup coming in return.

If this was done before the deadline, then maybe Reimer could push Pavelec to improve and have a slight trade value this summer (as opposed to a buyout)

No, I wouldn't even think about it. A goalie can be acquired much cheaper than that. Bogo has come back from injury and helped solidify the D. Much rather have Bogo than Kadri, and get a goalie much cheaper ( 2nd plus prospect etc a la Bernier, Bishop, Brobovsky, Mason, etc).

What goalie do you have in mind, and for how much?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
What goalie do you have in mind, and for how much?

If the Leafs wanted to move RFA Reimer in the offseason, that's what the return would likely be.

Not sure why others on here think this is a good deal. Bogo was arguably our best D man last year, signed long term, is an excellent teammate, and since coming back from injury has solidified the D. Every team in the league is looking for young D men like Bogo, you don't trade these guys. Now that he played earlier this season with an injury it's like some people are forgetting how good he has been for us in some sort of what have you done for me lately panic attack.

And some want to move him for a small C who while he has put up some decent points, has pretty well documented entitlement issues?

Doubtful that Chevy moves Bogo after signing him to a seven year deal with a NMC (regardless of when it actually kicks in) anyway.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If the Leafs wanted to move RFA Reimer in the offseason, that's what the return would likely be.

Not sure why others on here think this is a good deal. Bogo was arguably our best D man last year, signed long term, is an excellent teammate, and since coming back from injury has solidified the D. Every team in the league is looking for young D men like Bogo, you don't trade these guys. Now that he played earlier this season with an injury it's like some people are forgetting how good he has been for us in some sort of what have you done for me lately panic attack.

And some want to move him for a small C who while he has put up some decent points, has pretty well documented entitlement issues?

Doubtful that Chevy moves Bogo after signing him to a seven year deal with a NMC (regardless of when it actually kicks in) anyway.

I agree. I think the Jets should be very reluctant to trade Bogo at this point. The Jets D still needs to settle in with all of the injuries and changes and shifting pairings. Bogo plays with some fire and physicality that too many Jet players lack. If they could find a way to add a bona-fide LHD to play in the top 4, then I think that Bogo and Trouba anchor that D for a long time. Buff reaches UFA in a couple of years, and so trading Bogo and losing Buff (through trade or free agency) would set them back considerably.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watching 24-7 I will say that Kadri should thank god for hockey every day of his life

:dunce::dunce:

powder88

Nov 21, 2013
I have to say that I like this quite a lot from the Jets perspective. While it would hurt to loose Buff, the needs of this team continue to be at C and LHD (leaving the goalie issue out of it for now). Think how much the talent level down the middle of the ice will have changed from last year to next year to go from Little, Tragic Joker, Antro, and Slater to Little, Scheif, Kadri, Slater. In addition, for Chevy to add two wingers to round out a third line is much easier to do than trying to build two-thirds of a second line as he has be trying to piece together for the last two years.

While TNSE appears to place value on character (except, apparently, where Pavelec and drunk driving are concerned), I am not convinced that Kadri is as much of a bad apple as he is made out to be. He lives in what must be the worst hockey media market in the league (maybe next to Montreal) and was put into a terrible contract situation by the mismanagement of his GM. I don't know how he could have come off looking much better without making himself crazy over the absurdity of it all.

There is no doubt that there are few D in the league with Buff's skillset (for good and for bad), but the prospect of rolling out two solid D-pairs with a capable third pair is pretty exciting for me. Right now, we can put out one good pair and every other combination has one player that ranges from likely train wreck to possible pizza delivery man.

The Jets may need to swallow some of Buff's salary to make this work (maybe 10-15%), but they will be miles under the cap next year and for the foreseeable future. Perhaps they could get a late round pick as compensation for picking up the tab on Buff for the next few years.

I have to say that I don't see it from Toronto's perspective, unless they are certain that Kadri is not in their long terms plans. For a team with their resources, developing young talent like Gardiner is somewhat less of a priority than for a team like the Jets, since they can buy their way out of most mistakes.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Kadri + Reimer + Gardiner for Bogosian + Klingberg.

Sure.

But we couldn't do Reimer for Montoya, Al is arguably better than Pavs (currently) and potentially Reimer.

And for those blue glasses Leafs fans here, yes, Kadri is being shopped. He's on the trading block.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Kadri + Reimer + Gardiner for Bogosian + Klingberg.

Sure.

But we couldn't do Reimer for Montoya, Al is arguably better than Pavs (currently) and potentially Reimer.

And for those blue glasses Leafs fans here, yes, Kadri is being shopped. He's on the trading block.

Wait you think Montoya has more potential then Reimer?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
No, but I wouldn't give Montoya up for Reimer, not with the way Pavelec is playing right now. Sometimes Montoya plays like he's a #1 goalie.
Sorry for the confusion. :D

Reimer plays like a #1 more than Monty.

Monty is hot right now, but he is unlikely to amount to much and I am still not sure he is better than Pavelec.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I can tell you right now Reimer is far better than Montoya. But if you guys don't want to include him thats fine, the Leafs could always get someone like Peters for fairly cheap.

From the Leafs side I wouldn't include Gardiner. I think the original Kadri/Reimer for Bogosian is fair.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Reimer plays like a #1 more than Monty.

Monty is hot right now, but he is unlikely to amount to much and I am still not sure he is better than Pavelec.
That seems to be the million dollar discussion, Pavs is good, when he's on. Unfortunately he appears to be a very streaky goaltender this year, not sure why. Monty IS hot right now, hopefully we can ride this as long as it takes to get Pavs confidence back.

I can tell you right now Reimer is far better than Montoya. But if you guys don't want to include him thats fine, the Leafs could always get someone like Peters for fairly cheap.

From the Leafs side I wouldn't include Gardiner. I think the original Kadri/Reimer for Bogosian is fair.
Think of it this way, Bogo is a franchise player who is young, plays hard, and has the potential of a 1-2 D man. Kadri, well, he may develop but he has a huge ego and problem with not getting his way. At best Kadri will be a 2C, he went on a hot streak last year which was great for the Leafs, it appears he's showing his true colours this year though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Reimer on the Jets, he is good, but more importantly he has a hot wife :naughty: Seeing her in the crowd would definitely boost morale ;)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kadri, well, he may develop but he has a huge ego and problem with not getting his way. At best Kadri will be a 2C, he went on a hot streak last year which was great for the Leafs, it appears he's showing his true colours this year though.

During the game today Carlyle was lighting into Kadri on the bench. The commentators said it was for a lazy shift. To me, it looked like Kadri was talking back to Carlyle and Clarkson beaked Kadri too, basically supporting Carlyle. Would love to know what everyone was saying to each other.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
During the game today Carlyle was lighting into Kadri on the bench. The commentators said it was for a lazy shift. To me, it looked like Kadri was talking back to Carlyle and Clarkson beaked Kadri too, basically supporting Carlyle. Would love to know what everyone was saying to each other.
I noticed that as well. Chuckled a little when I made out "what the **** was that" from Carlyle.

Do. Not. Want. Kadri.

Did you see him miss the wide open net on Howard today as well? Granted he may have been "falling down" but it was clear he panicked.

The Leafs can keep him.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I noticed that as well. Chuckled a little when I made out "what the **** was that" from Carlyle.

Do. Not. Want. Kadri.

Did you see him miss the wide open net on Howard today as well? Granted he may have been "falling down" but it was clear he panicked.

The Leafs can keep him.

I'd take Kadri in a second. I remember this time when Mario missed a wide open. :sarcasm:

Kadri might be better suited to playing away from home. I don't think its a great thing for young guys especially cocky ones like Kadri.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Only issue I have with Kadri is how many small players do you really want on this team. You have Little, Enstrom, Petan coming sooner or later and then this guy?

Also if your trading Bogo, I'm sure there would be lots of options for players available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad