Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
It was great to watch him blow by Robertson... Norrissey .... (koff), Morrissey has serious straight line speed. I love how his picks his shots on those, his ability to process the game is incredible.

Knew I shoulda trademarked that one at the time...

What a game. Some good action and a few looooooong calls that bit hard into momentum but the right result in the end. I recorded this one but somehow missed the bit where Shuffles dadblamed / goshdangled his way into a misconduct. What the perdition?

Watching JMo just take off and outwait Formerly Known as Vezina Pick Jake-O was a pretty fantastic finish.

And yeah the Helle thing -- simplify the rule and blow the play dead when a goalie's lid gets blown off. Way too fussy a rule for a high-danger situation.

Great work by the 2nd, 3rd and 4th I thought, and D looked solid for the most part.

Soooooo..... it's 'Murican Thanksgiving. Are we in with a shout?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Morrissey has been next level this year, great to see. Not just in points, his transition and defensive game has been amazing as well.

Great to see DeMelo come back looking like his usual self again as well, he's had a rough start to the year.

Perfetti could have had a hattrick in the 1st, he was running the show out there. Didn't match it in the second or third but wasn't bad either.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It was great to watch him blow by Robertson... Norrissey .... (koff), Morrissey has serious straight line speed. I love how his picks his shots on those, his ability to process the game is incredible.

I didn't know that Finns coughed with a 'k'.

You learn something new every day :)

Hope Helle is OK.
I wouldn't be surprised if his neck is really sore. That kind of injury doesnt always present immediately.

Since it's the Hawks we might just start rittich to be safe

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Favorite moment from the game.
Kevin "the pro" Sawyer stating that the Jets 3 - 2 lead was their "first lead of the game"???
I guess the 1 - 0 & 2 - 1 leads didn't count.

The dumb thing about the helmet situation was if Hellebuyck had been able to stand up right away the whistle would have been blown. When they reviewed it and I saw it enough times I thought that they would rule the play dead when the helmet came off and maybe give Morrissey a cross checking penalty.

Only playing a divisional foe 3 times in a regular length season is a strange set up.

The next time the coaches are switching up that top 6 spot I'd prefer to see Harkins or Mikey E get the call.
Leave Gagner on the 4th where he can actually help instead of hinder the team.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
So where does that end then? If Robertson has a player blocking the lane in front of him and he passes it across the blueline, is that still immediate? What if they skate around looking for a shot for 5 more seconds? 10 more seconds? What’s the line? The spirit of the rule is clearly for goal mouth scrambles.

Even if he isn’t injured, which is a whole other argument, what is Helle supposed to do here? Get up and try to block the slap shot from the point without a helmet?
According to this guy I was listening too on the post game show, he said if Helle had got up right away with "no mask" and stood in the net, the play would have been blown dead ? Helle just laid there, sort of motionless, therefore no whistle ?

Seems like this is a very confusing ruling on this matter, and the NHL should review this rule for safety purposes, and the good of the game. At the same time,you want to prevent a Goalie from staying down if he's "not hurt", just to get a whistle and stop play. If Helle was not hurt, he should have got up, and back in the net with no mask, and had the play blown dead. If he was hurt, and had his head hit against the post, and was badly hurt, the play should have been blown dead due to injury. How do you know how badly a guy is hurt ? I wonder what will come of this rule ? as apparently it will be reviewed. Very happy the Jets won anyways.

Interesting this guy who was knowledgeable said that "hemets" are mandatory in the NHL, but face masks are not ? Hmmh, doesn't make sense, as Goalies are most suseptable to serious facial injuries, with pucks coming at 95 MPH. I don't know if this is true ? but if it is, face masks for Goalies should be mandatory.

Last edited:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
melo's stache is fantastic
Reminds me of Terry Ruskowski...

terry-ruskowski-1980-35.jpg

Last edited:

None

Feb 22, 2012
melo's stache is fantastic

Was literally thinking that the jacket suits him best with how he's rocking that 'stache.

Hopefully whatever kept Gus out of practice isn't too serious. Really feel like he's been starting to play with the same pace and tenacity that really makes him effective.

Reactions: AlaskaJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad