Games you are currently playing - Part 7

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Started Dead Island 2 because it's on GamePass.

It's cheesy and cliche but very entertaining if you're in the right mindset. I like some of the progression mechanics (swap in/out ability cards).

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Bed of Chaos i remember some run beating it easily while having a hellish time on others. But when it goes wrong, it goes very wrong and it becomes a very frustrating experience.
Yeah, like I said frustrating, not hard. And maybe the most frustrating thing is the run back. It's one of the longest in the Soulsborne series I can remember and you could be knocked down a hole in the first 10seconds.

Martyr Logarius was one of the worst run backs that I can remember, but at least you're in a fun fight for a few minutes before having to do the run back.

I guess at least they don't make you break all 3 of the chains or whatever they are in one run.

Reactions: PeteWorrell
Sep 19, 2008
Did it age well?
it does, the only problem is the game is so old that it keeps crashing on Steam

I never had the chance to play it when it came out, and it was on sale on steam a few weeks ago so I figured I might as well play. Only issue is the constant crashing.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
it does, the only problem is the game is so old that it keeps crashing on Steam

I never had the chance to play it when it came out, and it was on sale on steam a few weeks ago so I figured I might as well play. Only issue is the constant crashing.
That's on my shortlist for games to buy on PS4 when I have a chance.

I only played Bully for like a weekend in 2006 when I rented it, and I remember liking it. But never bought it or completed it, and I love Rockstar so it'll probably be worth picking up.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Recently tried a couple games that just aren't for me. I heard of Pseudoregalia recently and grabbed the Humble Bundle with it. The platforming is tight but everything else is meh. I don't mind the early 3D aesthetic but the game is too much of a maze and the rooms all look the same so it's hard to remember where you are and where you want to go. I was never a fan of those trial and error maze games so I gave up after the first half hour.

Also tried NBA Playgrounds 2, hoping for something like NBA Jam and was really disappointed. The microtransactions are straight up mobile level. The game play isn't fun enough either. To shoot you have to hold the shoot button and watch a small meter on the bottom of the screen to let go at the right time. Missing the window is a guaranteed miss. When going for threes, when you do get the timing just right, it's still only ~33% chance to get a three pointer. Considering you'll probably miss the meter filling more than half the time with how small the window is, you probably have a 10% chance to hit a three so there's really no point. Then you're just left driving the basket and going for 2 after 2 after 2 with boring lay ups. Maybe a diehard basketball fan will like this but I'm not a basketball fan and the game play isn't fun.

I'm trying to decide what to even start next. I've been plowing through some shorter games. I still kind of want to go through more shorter games but not sure which one on my backlog to start.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm trying to decide what to even start next. I've been plowing through some shorter games. I still kind of want to go through more shorter games but not sure which one on my backlog to start.
The struggle is real. I installed a walking simulator today that is supposed to take only 2-3 hours. I hate walking simulators and finished one just a week ago that I didn't like. Why am I installing another one? Because it's short. Meanwhile, there are so many games in my backlog that I keep putting off because they'd take weeks to finish, but weeks that I would enjoy every minute of. Instead, I choose shorter games that I have a feeling that I won't enjoy. Something's wrong with me. :help:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Now that I've finished Baldur's Gate 3, I've gone back to finally completing another great RPG, Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I just bought Rogue Trader and the Cyberpunk DLC. I really look forward to both. I'm coming off finishing BG3 and Kingdom Come Deliverance, two amazing RPGs.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I started FFV on the pixel remaster. I've played it before with mixed feelings - the job system is interesting, but the story and setting is basic and much less compelling compared to IV and VI.

The XP boosts for the pixel remaster make it much easier and quicker to get through, which will let me explore more of the job classes and try to master everything.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Started Jagged Alliance 3. Never played any of the previous games in the series. Liking it so far.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Started Jagged Alliance 3. Never played any of the previous games in the series. Liking it so far.
That's a game series I was always meaning to try but the old ones look really dated. How does it compare to XCOM? I remember seeing the combat is very similar but this one seems to have you prep for missions and put your characters in position all over the playing field before you strike, kind of similar to an RPG in that regard like Wasteland.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
That's a game series I was always meaning to try but the old ones look really dated. How does it compare to XCOM? I remember seeing the combat is very similar but this one seems to have you prep for missions and put your characters in position all over the playing field before you strike, kind of similar to an RPG in that regard like Wasteland.

I think it compares a bit more to Wasteland 3 and Mutant Year Zero than XCOM. There's way less tension and dread than XCOM, and more RPG elements.

I'm still in the early game, but it's very tongue-in-cheek cliche and bro humour.

You hire mercs to make up your squad, and move and explore in real-time. You can set up ambushes before triggering the turn-based battles.

It's 50% off on Steam right now I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad