Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Been playing through Rise of the Ronin. It's been pretty good so far. Story can go in multiple directions depending on what you do, and you are able to go back and play through chapters and do different outcomes.

I still need to finish FF7 Rebirth. I'm on Chapter 11, but I don't know if I'll continue once I'm done with Rise of the Ronin, as there are several other games that I want to go ahead and get started on as well :laugh:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Almost finished with Sekiro, but took a break to restart Red Dead Redemption 2. First time I played RDR2, I think I had the wrong mindset. I was in a period of time where I was playing a bunch of soulslikes and metroidvanias. So the slow pace was really pissing me off.

After playing Kingdom Come Deliverance however, I wanted a more relaxed game with immersion. but in another time period. I think with this mindset, I'm fully enjoying RDR2 this time around. I was very hard on it in my first review, but I fully admit I'm appreciating it a lot more now.
Similar experience here. Once you get settled in and relax a little bit it really is a breathtaking game. The story missions themselves are a little lame and repetitive but the characters and story itself has been amazing so far. I'm nearing the end of Chapter 3.

I took a break to replay Elden Ring with a new character to get ready for the DLC. When I'm finished with that I'll finish up RDR2. Then I'm going to start the Witcher 3 over, another game I never fleshed out fully and now i'm playing on a new TV. Plenty of open world games to keep me busy for a while, which is nice because I don't have to play anything new for a long time and there doesn't seem to be much out there for me at the moment.

Reactions: flyersnorth

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Sky. Released apple exclusive in 2019, then went to android in 2020, then switch in 2021, then playstation in 2022, now finally PC in 2024. I always like to load it up everytime it comes to one of these new platforms. Theyre such lazy ports too. They leave the mobile resolution and fps toggles in, which is just a battery usage indicator. Still a very chill game. Fortunately your save is totally cross platform for all these ports.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Bought Helldivers 2 so currently bringing democracy to all these robot and bug dudes with some friends.

Still hooked to Planet Zoo, started my franchise and bougnt the North America DLC to get some Moose and Beavers in my zoo,

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Similar experience here. Once you get settled in and relax a little bit it really is a breathtaking game. The story missions themselves are a little lame and repetitive but the characters and story itself has been amazing so far. I'm nearing the end of Chapter 3.

I took a break to replay Elden Ring with a new character to get ready for the DLC. When I'm finished with that I'll finish up RDR2. Then I'm going to start the Witcher 3 over, another game I never fleshed out fully and now i'm playing on a new TV. Plenty of open world games to keep me busy for a while, which is nice because I don't have to play anything new for a long time and there doesn't seem to be much out there for me at the moment.
I wasn't a fan of RDR2 my first 2 times trying to play. Then it clicked on the 3rd attempt and it's one of my favorite game of all time
Interesting responses.

I was wondering if I was the only one with that experience. Usually, if a game isn't enjoyable the first time around, it never is.

It's interesting because my first playthrough, I didn't find RDR2 necessarily bad, just average.

I think you need to be in the right mindset though. I was so engrossed in how immersive Kingdom Come Deliverance was, that I wanted more of that type of immersion in an open world. I think I appreciate a lot the amount of detail and care they put in. There's something very calming about exploring the (fictional) midwest and southern states.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

whitez

Jul 8, 2023
Roblox, one of my top games. I used many tools in the game but then I found vega x. It is one of the most popular executors for Roblox. All you need to do to get started with Vega X is download and install the program. This tool is a must have for all Roblox builders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
1712855532022.png

Diving back in to one of my all-time favorites again the other night, pun intended. My first full playthrough since the Living Large 2.0 update and first on the PS5 version.

I'm absolutely hooked again, like always. I don't play with max efficiency and I google next to nothing when playing because I like all of my discoveries and observations to be my own. The atmosphere and world created in this game are just so next level. Planet 4546B really is one of my happy places.

Reactions: Osprey

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Has anyone here played the new Alone in the Dark game? I'm giving it a shot tonight, it seems to be more up my alley than Alan Wake 2 was

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I got Parkasaurus on Fanatical's Platinum Bundle for this month and started it earlier today. I'm not a huge fan of strategy games or builders because I feel like they have too much micro management involved in them but this one kind of reminds me of Rollercoaster Tycoon. There's not too much you have to micro manage and it's pretty fun and simple to build a park.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Finally decided to try out Expeditions, the newest Mudrunner game. They should call it Rockrunner with as many rocks you have to drive over and climb (I've flipped my truck so many times so far lol). It's fun to just kind of drive around, but some of the missions are annoying as hell. Here, we're going to give you a drone, and then make it a no fly zone when the drone could really help you! I'd say if you liked driving the scouts around in Mudrunner or Snowrunner you'd probably enjoy it, but if you were more into the cargo hauling aspects of those games this isn't worth it.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I too got my itch back for Fallout after binging through the Amazon series. I've played New Vegas and 4 but never sat down and tried 3 and I skipped 76 out of sheer apathy from the early reviews and bug reports. Saw they were giving away 76 for free on Amazon Prime Games if you have a prime subscription. They're giving away FO3 and New Vegas but only playable through Amazon Luna so I shelled out 5 bucks for FO3 on Steam.

My intention is to play through FO3 but I wanted to try 76 first since I'd seen people say Bethesda put in a lot of work to smooth out the experience. Installed and played for about two hours last night after finishing the show and I don't want to rush to judgment but for anyone who has played it, is there any incentive to play this regularly aside from unlocking stuff for base building?

The enemy movements are so clunky, the early voiceover conversations are usually pretty canned and lifeless other than the early Mr. Handy robots, the world just outside Vault 76 is boring so far, the gunplay is actually pretty well done but VATs basically being an auto aim is kinda boring but understandable why they couldn't make the old system work.

I know I barely scratched the surface and haven't touched live random events or much of the story (beginner's guide said skip the story until level 50 since legendary gear doesn't scale up with your level) but so far I just don't see the point. Like if this is FO76 in a repaired state, I don't see what would pull me in for an always online live service game that I couldn't get from a better game of that ilk. Other than my love of the IP, but this feels like a very watered down Fallout experience so far. I guess I haven't played long enough to tinker with builds but I doubt that's going to be enough for me.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I am giving up on Fallout 76. This feels like a game that has to be played with friends to be truly enjoyed. "Don't play the main story until you hit level 50." Well, the only way to level reliably without the story is events, and they're very often a lame slog if public players aren't doing them too. Otherwise you have to level up in little bits and pieces just running around and hoping to find enemies to fight.

Also in a game like this, weapon decay feels like such bullshit. Onto FO3 I go. FO76 doesn't feel worth the investment of time even if I didn't spend a dime to play it.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
I am giving up on Fallout 76. This feels like a game that has to be played with friends to be truly enjoyed. "Don't play the main story until you hit level 50." Well, the only way to level reliably without the story is events, and they're very often a lame slog if public players aren't doing them too. Otherwise you have to level up in little bits and pieces just running around and hoping to find enemies to fight.

Also in a game like this, weapon decay feels like such bullshit. Onto FO3 I go. FO76 doesn't feel worth the investment of time even if I didn't spend a dime to play it.
I played solo all the main and side quest beginning lvl1. It's doable and felt like FO4. But the weapon degradation, scarse ammo and the thirst/hunger mechanic makes it way harder.

You have ton understand how to build you character's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. with your main weapon and learn plans (by findind, buiying or scraping guns/armor) and recipes (to prepare food that will regenerate your HP. Building a C.A.M.P. with all the workbenches with help you craft ammo, better guns/armor, PA parts.

My first tip is to go straight to Morgantown Airport to find the small backpack plan to increase your carry capacity and go the the donation boxes often to finds nice loot. There's one near Vault 76, one at the Wayward, one in every train station, one at Whitespring resort.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I played solo all the main and side quest beginning lvl1. It's doable and felt like FO4. But the weapon degradation, scarse ammo and the thirst/hunger mechanic makes it way harder.

You have ton understand how to build you character's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. with your main weapon and learn plans (by findind, buiying or scraping guns/armor) and recipes (to prepare food that will regenerate your HP. Building a C.A.M.P. with all the workbenches with help you craft ammo, better guns/armor, PA parts.

My first tip is to go straight to Morgantown Airport to find the small backpack plan to increase your carry capacity and go the the donation boxes often to finds nice loot. There's one near Vault 76, one at the Wayward, one in every train station, one at Whitespring resort.
I guess it's not a question of doable and more is the story actually worth playing and beyond that is it worth actually exploring and playing around in the 76 wasteland. I don't really see that the second one works for me. Like sure I can say screw it to the advice that I skip story until I'm level 50 for the gear scaling, but I enjoyed exploring around in 4 and NV a lot more.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I guess it's not a question of doable and more is the story actually worth playing and beyond that is it worth actually exploring and playing around in the 76 wasteland. I don't really see that the second one works for me. Like sure I can say screw it to the advice that I skip story until I'm level 50 for the gear scaling, but I enjoyed exploring around in 4 and NV a lot more.

Yeah, I played solo, and I'm not so sure about the lvl 50 thing, I finished the main story and a good bit of side stuff and I don't know that I even got to lvl 50

with the updates and stuff the game went from pretty lousy, to at least solid IMO, but still the weakest of the bethesda games, and I would say by a decent margin

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah, I played solo, and I'm not so sure about the lvl 50 thing, I finished the main story and a good bit of side stuff and I don't know that I even got to lvl 50

with the updates and stuff the game went from pretty lousy, to at least solid IMO, but still the weakest of the bethesda games, and I would say by a decent margin
I guess the easier way to rationalize is I was a day 1 Destiny player and played the absolute f*** out of it in college and I still don't make time for Destiny 2 and I'd much rather play that as an always online type looter shooter.

So unless you can tell me FO76 is worth it for the story instead of me just replaying NV, 4, and playing 3 for the first time at my own leisure, I don't see the point.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I guess the easier way to rationalize is I was a day 1 Destiny player and played the absolute f*** out of it in college and I still don't make time for Destiny 2 and I'd much rather play that as an always online type looter shooter.

So unless you can tell me FO76 is worth it for the story instead of me just replaying NV, 4, and playing 3 for the first time at my own leisure, I don't see the point.

yeah, the story in FO76 is well behind the other 3, it scratched the FO itch for me but I can't imagine ever going back to it like I have the other 3

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad