Games you are currently playing - Part 7

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
The few minutes I seem to get these days I have been dedicating to FF8 remastered. Though not a video game I am also spending quite a bit of time preping for a D&D campaign for one of my school's after school program. First time DMing anything outside of a one shot and those were back when I was in Jr. High.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
BFV and COD Beta atm with a little bit of Red Dead sprinkled in. Was thinking about doing a playthrough of the Witcher 3 though as it has been quite a while.

Reactions: Badger1012

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 have been taking up most of my time but I picked up Control today so I imagine I'll be going hard on that for a bit

heatnikki

Dec 18, 2018
I play eSports games the most right now: CS:GO and Dota 2. So entertaining! Also I decided to try my luck here and bought Esports loot box to win smth cool. I love winning so much.

Last edited:

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I haven't had too much time to play Blasphemous, had a busy weekend and it's a busy week at work so I'm only a couple hours into it. I'm loving it so far. The gameplay is awesome and I'm all for really dark themes in games.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Working my way through AC Odyssey, still loving it. I got a new SNES style controller for my Switch when I play some SNES games. What is the deal with Kirby Dreamland 3? A hamster is holding me and there's a black blob I can manifest? Put in an instruction book, Nintendo, so people know how to play your games.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
60 hours into Dragon Age: Inquisition now. Still feel like there's a long way to go. While I definitely think the game is excellent in many regards, the big elephant in the room doesn't want to go away.

CityOfLight

Aug 23, 2019
Going through Tyranny, isometric RPG fan here :) Totally worth it, second play through and replay value is really good!

Reactions: JBeast

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'm playing Earthbound for the SNES right now and it's awesome, quite dark and psychologically complex when you get into the story while appearing cheerful and even a bit bubbly if you only look at its exterior. I had heard plenty of good things about the game online before but had never actually tried it myself, and can now vouch firsthand of its sky-high quality.

Luckily I saw it neatly ordered in a big cardboard box containing a true treasure trove of SNES games (Metal Marine, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda : a link to the past, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Lufia II, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario RPG, Street Fighter II, Mega Man X, Super Mario All-stars, Super Metroid, F-Zero, Kirby, Super Punch-out, Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat II) at a nearby garage sale last weekend. The box also had another 5 or 6 other games that aren't nearly as good, but every single cartridge was in extremely good condition with the casings and instructions almost intact alongside a nearly mint SNES and two controllers, all of which had obviously been well-cared for by a knowledgeable guy, so I bought it without haggling too much.

Even though it wasn't cheap and I've dipped into my spending money for the next month or two, I'm really satisfied with my buy and those games will go join my PS1, PS2 and PS3 collection that now overly fills a big bookcase from floor to ceiling. I think I'll stop adding to it now or it'll get out of control and I'll need another bookcase that I have no space for.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Finished my third play through of XCom 2 and now starting Prey and Doom 2016.

Built myself a lapboard for this, been looking forward to trying these out for a while now.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm playing Earthbound for the SNES right now and it's awesome, quite dark and psychologically complex when you get into the story while appearing cheerful and even a bit bubbly if you only look at its exterior. I had heard plenty of good things about the game online before but had never actually tried it myself, and can now vouch firsthand of its sky-high quality.

Luckily I saw it neatly ordered in a big cardboard box containing a true treasure trove of SNES games (Metal Marine, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda : a link to the past, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Lufia II, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario RPG, Street Fighter II, Mega Man X, Super Mario All-stars, Super Metroid, F-Zero, Kirby, Super Punch-out, Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat II) at a nearby garage sale last weekend. The box also had another 5 or 6 other games that aren't nearly as good, but every single cartridge was in extremely good condition with the casings and instructions almost intact alongside a nearly mint SNES and two controllers, all of which had obviously been well-cared for by a knowledgeable guy, so I bought it without haggling too much.

Even though it wasn't cheap and I've dipped into my spending money for the next month or two, I'm really satisfied with my buy and those games will go join my PS1, PS2 and PS3 collection that now overly fills a big bookcase from floor to ceiling. I think I'll stop adding to it now or it'll get out of control and I'll need another bookcase that I have no space for.

If you haven't played the bold, I recommend them immediately after Earthbound. Especially Lufia II and Chrono Trigger. Lufia II is such an amazing game. While the dialogue is a bit cheesy by today's standards, the gameplay holds up extremely well over time and the Ancient cave is super addictive.

As far as games I am currently playing, I gave up on Fire Emblem and traded it in to Gamestop. I fully acknowledge the game is amazing and it seemed like it was tailor made for my tastes, but I just got bored with it for some unknown reason.

Right now it is Borderlands 3, NHL 20 and I also picked up a cheap used copy of Gran Turismo Sport at gamestop and I hope to try that this weekend.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse. I had been eyeing it for a while and it was on sale for cheap the other day. I've sunk about four hours in so far. There are parts I find frustrating and others nostalgic.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Back to Dragon Quest XI after a 60 hour AC Odyssey detour. When you load the file up they give you a synopsis of what happened recently and it jogged the ole memory into "oh yea, i was doing that". Still a great game and I hope the 16 bit mode that's going to be in the Switch version that comes out shortly will be available to PS4 players in an update, but I'm not holding my breath.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
My Xbox kicked the bucket so I’m back to L4D2 and DoTA 2 on my laptop. L4D2 online versus holds up really well - awesome map design and I love how you connect with the characters through simple dialogue exchanges. DoTA 2 is hit or miss, kind of toxic but I get my strategy fix.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Currently playing Greedfall. Has its bugs and it's not perfect, but I've really enjoyed it so far.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Borderlands 3 - X1
Awesomenauts - PC
Ni No Kuni 2 - PS4

How do you like Ni No Kuni 2? I think I got maybe 30 hours in and got distracted by a different game and haven't found my way back to it. Everything is just "good", ya know? Nothing is outright bad, but it pales in comparison to the soul of the first one. I think i got bogged down by the kingdom building aspect and I'll cut back on that once I start playing it again.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Unfortunately a lot of Call of Duty Mobile. It’s quite polished for a mobile game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad