TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part IX -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Is it possible the reason for the Night King heading south is to get Gilly's baby?

Seems a little too simplified, but it shouldn't be entirely ruled out

Just for the baby? No.

NK wants to rule and in order to do that he'll have to kill everyone.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
They are making sure they are doing it right. Seeing as how there are 6-8 feature length movies to be shot, I would say it is amazing they are going to have it done by the spring of 2019.

Reactions: Tuggy

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
They are making sure they are doing it right. Seeing as how there are 6-8 feature length movies to be shot, I would say it is amazing they are going to have it done by the spring of 2019.

Has this been confirmed? A lot of use assumed that last season, and outside of the odd episode at ~70 mins I think only the finale was nearing "feature length".

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Ehhh, not sure I buy that. I'm confident the show could have everything finished up in time for a 2018 release. Remember, HBO's last huge show, The Sopranos, took a two year break between Season 5 and 6 as well.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Apparently these other two had inside information...
Well I mean 5 of the 7 seasons so far have been released in April...One coming the last Sunday of march and the last season got pushed back to the summer. Yeah real inside information to think they are going to not put the show out in January lol

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Just for the baby? No.

NK wants to rule and in order to do that he'll have to kill everyone.

While I agree that the NK certainly isn't moving just to find that baby, we don't know he wants to rule. In fact, we know so little about the NK/walkers or their motivations going into this final season.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Well I mean 5 of the 7 seasons so far have been released in April...One coming the last Sunday of march and the last season got pushed back to the summer. Yeah real inside information to think they are going to not put the show out in January lol

Well nothing has been officially announced yet. We can assume a lot of things.

Anyway, I thought was good information so I passed it along.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The types of major scenes that most likely will appear in the final season takes a lot of time to film, and they need specific weather to do a lot of them too.

It shouldn’t be that surprising they took extra time for it.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Is it possible the reason for the Night King heading south is to get Gilly's baby?

Seems a little too simplified, but it shouldn't be entirely ruled out

Highly doubtful.

Somehow I think it ties in with Bran. The NK made a point to go straight after the Greenseer as soon as he was able and personally chop him in half. Bran is the new Greenseer and the NK disrupts his visions every time he senses him and is able to take note when a Skinchanger is around.

But it is a bit Hazy. Since we are not allowed talking books here we can't discuss about the only other Character we have seen sensing someone inside an Eagle and doing something about it magically the way the NK does.

but at the end, the overhead shot of the Wights going through the broken wall in the formation of the direwolf could be foreshadowing or just the directors throwing in a hidden egg to get people talking.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I thought this theory was far too tasty not to share:

I think it may actually be true!

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I thought this theory was far too tasty not to share:

I think it may actually be true!

I mean it's a good theory but I just don't think there's time left for something like this. To increase it's own credibility the video shows an interview with George R.R. Martin, who's writing is the reason so many 'theory's' have come and gone, but at this point in the show we're well past his writing and what we're getting now is all the show writers Dan & David. Maybe if the show was going to carry on for a few more season they may try their hand at something like this, but with only 6 or 7 episodes left there are much bigger things to take care of to wrap the series up.

Simplest explanation here is if that Littlefinger's demise seemed uncharacteristic it's because D&D put him in Winterfell, didn't really know what to do with him there but needed to get rid of him so wrote him out with some mediocre writing.

Anyways... typically for the last 7 years today would be the premiere of a new season of Game of Thrones :cry:

Reactions: Plural

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
His death is one of the more disappointing things in the show IMHO. A mastermind shouldn't be gotten the best of by two teenage girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad