TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part IX -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
9102013021238.jpg

Reactions: ecemleafs

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
So uhh...Final season is confirmed for 2019

Let the global crying commence.

On the bright side, i'm sure HBO will leak all the episodes by fall 2018 :sarcasm:

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Finally caught up and watched season 7 and wow was it all over the place or what. One minute we're on an island, next we're in the north, next we're in Kings Landing. It had some awesome moments like the incredibly cool, yet incredibly predictable undead dragon taking down the wall. I have always loved littlefinger, all his scenes were incredible and his death felt rushed to me.

Overall, I was actually shocked at how jumpy the season was and how weak a lot of the dialogue was. Still good tv for sure but the polish and effort didn't seem like typical GOT to me.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
6 episodes, each a mini-movie on its own. Lots of hype to come for what will surely be an unforgettable final season. It's gonna be a long wait. I guess it's enough time to re-watch the whole thing at a leisurely pace.

Reactions: Belieber

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I was under the impression that is was going to be 2019 anyway, so doesn't change anything for me. Still a long wait :(

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Don't worry, maybe the next book will be fin... ah nevermind.

I think I'm ok with the 2019 thing. Time goes by so fast nowadays anyway. Would feel a bit weird if the next season was already just months away. Let's hope they put the extra time into fine tuning the writing. Let's also hope the last episodes are more like mini movies than regular 50-60 minute episodes.

I guess there's also a faint hope of actually getting the next book for late 2018 or early 2019.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I've promised myself I won't commit suicide until after the series has wrapped, so I'm okay with the 2019 release date

It gives me another year to turn this franchise around ; )

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I've promised myself I won't commit suicide until after the series has wrapped, so I'm okay with the 2019 release date

It gives me another year to turn this franchise around ; )

Are you being serious or is this a bad joke?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
He's a threat as a ruler as well since everyone naturally follows him. Jon swore fealty to Daenerys, but he's been making more of the decisions. This is a new thing for Daenerys.

I've said in earlier threads, but he lives the way he wants the world to be and Daenerys greatly admires it because she wants to be that way also.

I really don't see why Tyrion would care if Snow rules

In fact, I suspect he would secretly prefer it

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Is it possible the reason for the Night King heading south is to get Gilly's baby?

Seems a little too simplified, but it shouldn't be entirely ruled out

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Even before Gilly's baby was born, the Night King knew not to mess with Samwell. The Night King is no dummy.

I forgot about that scene!

But maybe the Night King has had a vision of Sam's sword play and decided his army of the dead would be better off without him

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Finally caught up and watched season 7 and wow was it all over the place or what. One minute we're on an island, next we're in the north, next we're in Kings Landing. It had some awesome moments like the incredibly cool, yet incredibly predictable undead dragon taking down the wall. I have always loved littlefinger, all his scenes were incredible and his death felt rushed to me.

Overall, I was actually shocked at how jumpy the season was and how weak a lot of the dialogue was. Still good tv for sure but the polish and effort didn't seem like typical GOT to me.

It's what happens when you rush. These 7 episodes and the next 6 easily could've been 2x10 episodes. Easily.

Reactions: Belieber
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad