TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part IX -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Just a friendly reminder that Sansa is the true ruler of the North. And if not Sansa, then some Karstark or cousin of the Starks.

It's certainly not Jon ****ing snow though.

If there's one thing all of the kingdoms (minus Dorne) have in common, it's their mutual hatred/disowning of basterds.
It should be Bran, no?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The point of the selection was they felt they were better off following the guy they view as a hero, who also happened to be Ned’s son (in their mind).

We also see that some of the Northern Lords start doubting this idea later on.

Also Bran has said he has zero interest in being lord. He just wants to sit by the tree and see shit. You can be declared lord, but if you don’t accept the post there isn’t anything anyone else can do about it.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Just a friendly reminder that Sansa is the true ruler of the North. And if not Sansa, then some Karstark or cousin of the Starks.

If there's one thing all of the kingdoms (minus Dorne) have in common, it's their mutual hatred/disowning of basterds.
Missed season 7 did we?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
So whatever happened to the whole aspect of people who have been resurrected by the Lord of Light (like Beric Dondarrion or Jon) losing a part of themselves. Beric said "Everytime I come back, I'm a bit less. Pieces of you get chipped away."

Jon doesn't seem to suffer any drawback from his resurrection. He was a bit shaky and confused after he came back but he's seemingly A-okay now (shoddy decision making at times* aside - possibly just a result of bad/hollywood writing to force certain plots instead of intentional character dev as a result of resurrection side effects). Why bother mentioning it during Beric's arc when it's meaningless for the show's apparent main character?

*examples: Riding alone into an entire Bolton army during the Battle of ********, not climbing on Drogon so he can chop away at endlessly assailing undead, accepting Tyrion's awful plan of going North with just a bunch of dudes to capture a wight, bring it South and to convince Cersei to join the battle against the undead...

They abandoned internal consistency a while back. It helps the show in some cases, but leaves plot holes like this in others.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

John Snow is not a basterd.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I think this has been discussed before but after a rewatch of the season finale, hot damn it's still a sweet allusion:

What's the meaning of this?
Is the NK a Stark?
Is Bran the NK?
Is it just a symbol for "winter is [finally] coming"?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

When things are going to hell, and a strong leader is available who they think can right the ship, no one gives a f*** about strict succession laws. Real history is full of cases of people with weak claims seizing power because they were vastly superior to the people with the legal claim.

Jon is also not Lord of Winterfell, Sansa is the Lady of Winterfell. She tries to give the title to Bran as the rightful heir, and he declined. Jon is (or was) King in the North, which there has only been one of in hundreds of years and he was appointed by the Lords. I don't remember them establishing any kind of order of succession for that title besides naming a new one, which the Lords did when they named Jon Snow King in the North.

Last edited:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I think this has been discussed before but after a rewatch of the season finale, hot damn it's still a sweet allusion:

What's the meaning of this?
Is the NK a Stark?
Is Bran the NK?
Is it just a symbol for "winter is [finally] coming"?

Maybe when the Night King looked at the ravens and they scatterd i guess it possible that Bran warged out of the ravens and warged into the Night King?
Just a wild guess.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Maybe when the Night King looked at the ravens and they scatterd i guess it possible that Bran warged out of the ravens and warged into the Night King?
Just a wild guess.

And had the wall come down so his people will die because...He is bored?

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
When things are going to hell, and a strong leader is available who they think can right the ship, no one gives a **** about strict succession laws. Real history is full of cases of people with weak claims seizing power because they were vastly superior to the people with the legal claim.

Jon is also not Lord of Winterfell, Sansa is the Lady of Winterfell. She tries to give the title to Bran as the rightful heir, and he declined. Jon is (or was) King in the North, which there has only been one of in hundreds of years and he was appointed by the Lords. I don't remember them establishing any kind of order of succession for that title besides naming a new one, which the Lords did when they named Jon Snow King in the North.

There wasn't even the discussion of Bran becoming the ruler of the north. He's alive and well and literally right there to take his rightful spot. These lords aren't going to decide to do a 180 when:

A) The rightful heir of the North is standing right in front of them
and
B) They have stayed true and loyal to thousands of years of relatively consistent succession.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Might I add this is the same kingdom that undergoes constant hardship in winters that last years on end that end up killing tons of people.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
There wasn't even the discussion of Bran becoming the ruler of the north. He's alive and well and literally right there to take his rightful spot. These lords aren't going to decide to do a 180 when:

and
B) They have stayed true and loyal to thousands of years of relatively consistent succession.
Except for those parts where they totally didn't

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

and
Yes there was, Sansa had a discussion with Bran and he told her Winterfell was hers, not his. Did you need a long council scene to reiterate Bran's position on the manner?

They have not stayed loyal, did you miss seasons 4 through 6? Like typical feudal lords, many of them cut and run when their own holdings were on the line.

Might I add this is the same kingdom that undergoes constant hardship in winters that last years on end that end up killing tons of people.
How many of those times was the entire (almost) leadership of the North gone at the start of the crisis? Wyman Manderly, from what we have seen on the show, is the only Northern ruler who still holds his position. Everyone else has died in the civil wars.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
"I can never be Lord of Winterfell. I can never be Lord of anything. I'm the Three-Eyed Raven."

Reactions: Blender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad